The official 'show your storage thread'!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShelLuser, Feb 11, 2017.

?

Do you have a storage?

Poll closed Mar 4, 2017.
Of course, it's HUGE 15 vote(s) 44.1%
Ehm, it stores items, nothing special. 8 vote(s) 23.5%
Weekend again, Shell? ;) 6 vote(s) 17.6%
I prefer not to tell. 1 vote(s) 2.9%
What came first, the tree or the storage? 2 vote(s) 5.9%
Other (please leave a comment below!) 1 vote(s) 2.9%
Why do you have to make these choices so difficult (<== On popular demand) :D 1 vote(s) 2.9%
  1. Hi gang!

Why official? Because I said so of course! :D

SO yeah.. What is the one thing which defines Minecraft? Hoarding. Don't try to deny it, I saw you closing your /vault just there! :D (please don't tell :D).

But yeah, in vanilla you start out, you punch trees and eventually you may (or may not!) discover that you can store your stuff. In fact, I was at a friends place when I thought of this:

... How different this is from mine. And I'm sure we all have our own story I guess?

What is your story(age)?

I'll share mine soon enough! :)
  2. The best storage ive seen is khixan's gonna add pictures later, if she doesnt do it before me! Lol
    khixan likes this.
  3. Just putting this here so I can follow along with this thread, I might post mine when I get it finished off :)
  4. Well, guess I should kick off them :)

My storage actually consists of 2 main sections and to make it even better I can actually find the items I need :)

My main storage on my main res.

So yeah, nothing too special here. 30 chests (2x 3x 5 chests ;)) which contain most of the items I need or want to keep around. Although I also often use the enderchest seen near the end, mainly to store some gold and emeralds in. Don't ask me why, I know I'm better off storing them either in one of these chests (to make more room in my ender chest) or in my /vault but yeah.. Force of habit I suppose.

Now, most of these chests contain several kinds of item in one chest. My tree chests for example (3 in total) contain either all 6 sapling types, all 6 log / wood types and all 6 plank types. My 'nether box' contains 2 rows of netherrack and one row of nether bricks, red nether bricks and a few entries for glowstone, nether quartz, and quartz blocks. Stone gets stored as cobble, gravel and dirt in several rows. My other chest contains stone, andesite + polished, diorite + polished, granite + polished, stone bricks + mossy and cracked variants and gravel.

But yeah, one DC isn't really enough to hold too much so when I managed to collect several stacks and things fill up I transport the items to my 'bulk' storage:

Main entrance, notable is the wood section: 24DC's for all known wood types.

Main rule of this storage is that items only get stored in full stack quantities, no less. This also helps me to prepare for auctions.

The other section is one huge row of chests which are sorted into several sections:

Pretty much every type of block in the game got stored here :D

I have a telepad at the front which can teleport you to a specific section. And every section (separated by a brick row) also has a teleport sign so that you can get easily in and out without having to search too much.

The only problem: there's no logic here at all (yet). The only sections which make sense are the wool section (several stacks of every available wool color), the ocean section and the sandstone section (somewhat).

But yeah, that's my storage :)
  5. Oh, this should be interesting! I am currently in the process of upgrading my storage, so I will share it once I finish it. In the mean time, I will edit in some pics later when I am in-game of my current storage system.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. Yeah I don't have a storage room, I have storage areas. Areas everywhere, lol. It's chaotic, scary, and never organized.
    I have plans to centralize and organize a storage room for all things.

7. Holder spot. :rolleyes: I will post Mall storage pic , and I am in the process of building the storage at the Mansion outpost.;)
  8. Ah, that's interesting!
    I'll be turning the pc off for today in just a moment, but I'll try to post about my storage sometime in the future!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. here's my storage, lol!

got 59 pages so far ^.^
  10. I got 2 main floors of storage and then other random spots on my res for dirt and unique item storage but those aren't as pretty as my main storage area so I didn't take screenies of them. If you wanna see it in person I got teleport signs at /v 14041 just turn left and there's a lil wall with teleport signs to the main storage floors :)

11. Mine wasn't made with space efficiency in mind.
    (Also, I don't label chests. Fight me)
    BreezyMan, AyanamiKun, 607 and 4 others like this.
  12. AyanamiKun likes this.
  13. The future is now and tomorrow. Mainly tomorrow as today is the present. :eek::oops::rolleyes::p
    NuclearBobomb and 607 like this.
  14. The storage system at my outpost which auto sorts 160 different items into over 400 chests.
  15. I have a simple storage room. It's around two years old, and I am running out of storage space. The design is two years old, but I have been using the same room since 2012. Soon, I will build a new storage room at my sixth residence (or I may document historical things around the room and expand it).

It features a redstone lighting system, too, as well as a public service area for anyone that comes by.

ShelLuser, BreezyMan, Zrugite and 6 others like this.
  16. Will post a pic later.
    Probably after school.

13/03: Maybe.
    ChespinLover77 and ShelLuser like this.
  17. Ooo I'm looking forward to seeing post on this thread
    I might post a pic of my super storage lol
    AyanamiKun likes this.

18. On this screenshot you can see my storage on smp7. I think AndrewBryer originally built the template for it, as before moving my stuff here it was very disorganised. After over 3 years this storage has become a bit of a mess too, but it's still easy to find what I need.

And this is my current storage, on smp8. I haven't moved anything from my smp7 storage to this one, but I rather put all my newly gathered stuff in this storage.
    I actually made this quite recently: I started planning it in 2015, I think, but most of the work was done in late 2016.
    ShelLuser, BreezyMan, Zrugite and 2 others like this.
  19. Whoaaaaaaaaaaa
    BreezyMan, Zrugite and 607 like this.