The New Republic

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by 72Volt, Feb 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think we can hold it in group chat, it may be moderated, but we aren't going to get too over the top.
    Dean_Catterson and Luke4214 like this.
  2. Who is the owner of the tree farm in Wrem?
  3. I think Eskimo built it.
    Dean_Catterson likes this.
  4. ^
  5. Alrighty, everyone, I have a few announcements to make!

Firstly, it has become clear that there is a political division within the New Republic, between the Neorepublican Executive and the Neorepublican Voice. The Voice is accusing the Executive of failing to assemble fast enough and not governing effectively enough, the Executive is accusing the Voice of being disruptive.

While parts of each respective argument are correct or incorrect, I have come to the decision that siding with either faction will lead to a schism in the New Republic. I will be heavily criticised by one side or another. As a result, I have decided I must assert leadership and introduce cohesive measures in order to unify the Neorepublican citizens behind the vision of the New Republic once again; a nation empowered by government, economy, cooperation and development which will come to lead a unified movement to conquer the EMC wilderness.

What I suggest is a coalition between the Voice and the current Executive. Mba will become Deputy First Minister, a position equal to the position of First Minister, with the exception that the First Minister will greet foreign visitors first. Both the First and Deputy First Minister will come to an agreement on all ministers in the Executive; where they cannot reach a consensus, the Grand Court will make a decision.

Both sides must be aware that the other side is acting in good faith to ensure the Neorepublican objective of a successful nation-state wild community is achieved, and both must come to a consensus on the best way to move forward. The New Republic will not make progress if it is divided, we must unite and work towards the achievement of the Neorepublican objective.

Secondly, I am setting a deadline of the 31st July for the NR Embassy in the LLO and a basic NR website to be completed. I want to kickstart progress in my ministry, and I may go to the LLO myself and set aside a plot for the embassy.

Thirdly, I will be drafting a Constitution with all the amendments we need, including Rock's rule of law amendments, the defined branches of the federal government, definition of the Neorepublican Federation, and information on elections. Once I have it done, I will put together a Constitutional Working Group and we will take it to a vote by the end of the month.

Fourthly, under the Constitution, it reads that all Executive departments must be established by law. Therefore the current Executive is unconstitutional. For that reason, I will draft legislation on each government department and take it to the GDA for a vote once we have it elected.

Without further adieu...try to get along with each other, we're all here for the same reason, to play and have fun. :)
  6. I will not take part in the New Republic if MBA is Deputy First Minister.
    I have my reasons and I trust MBA might do a decent job, but it seems with his inconstancy of being a person to rely on, I can not in good standing see this man in this position.
    I am speaking of the New Republic as Infrastructure Minister and not of the Militia.
    I'm sorry and if this is "outrageous" or "counterproductive", but I see only more conflict with this than anything.

Also, it seems Volt that things are not what they seem sir and I'll have a talk with you.

Again, I don't mean to be disrespectful and I know MBA should have a role in the New Republic, but not this.
  7. I have a problem with that Volt but what happens if the Deputy Minister acts without confirming with the First Minister? Much like MBA did with Wrem and handed out plots as the Infrastructure Minister, before he passed it off to Ants who in turn passed it off to Krit and me.

I'm not pointing finger or accusing but if MBA is to just all of sudden become Deputy Minister he must have to prove himself, in a way that show's he'll be good for the NR.
    kritacul likes this.
  8. Well, that's fine, the Voice can nominate someone to be Deputy First Minister.
  9. A consensus must be reached on all actions, discipline by the Grand Court could be considered for unconsensual conduct.
  10. Volt no offense but why are you acting without consulting with the Deputy Minister?
  11. One of the largest problems with the NR is that we have created a rift between the militia in power, and others. As deputy economic minister I would like to recommend MBA to deputy FM. This should help with the problem. Volt, all of the departments act more as advisors so they are fine.
    As for the constitution it needs to be worked on, but we shouldn't set a deadline. We want it done well, not fast.
    mba2012, brickstrike and 72Volt like this.
  12. Rock we didn't ask to be put in charge of the NR we were asked people chose us becasue they thought we were best fit in the positions we are now.
  13. This is bothering me... Y cant we just compromise instead of just being all my way or the high way.
  14. Because L0tad Volt is making decisions without consulting anyone and I don't mind having a member of the voice as Deputy FM but you should check you inbox again
  15. I can assure you that MBA will consult the first minister, however, with equal power, they must consider each person's views. As of right now, it is a little absurd how the power of each minister, and in what groups those people are in, result in what they do. Now, be it is it may, some people are not at all like this, however, occasionally, this happens.
    Okay, first off, if you do not take apart of the NR, if mba were to have equal power to napoleon, that is by your choice and judgment, however, regardless if you are the infrastructure minister, or not, you do not need to voice your opinions in this matter, and I would suggest for you to create/join an existing political party to be able have opinions heard. No, I am not by any means trying to be rude, I am just saying for next time, either as a NR citizen, or in a political party, not as someone in government.
  16. I am not proposing this in my capacity as the Communications Minister, I am proposing this in unofficial capacity as founder of the New Republic.
  17. What's the point of having a FM if you can step in at anytime and downgrade him like this?
    kritacul likes this.
  18. It's becoming a share of powers, like it should. There is no one to challenge the FM, and without it, there is no way for the people to be heard, through the correct way of voicing opinions.
    mba2012, Choongjae and Jake_bagby like this.
  19. Enough talk about this in here.
    Stop, someone make a PM Convo and lets talk there.

NO MORE!
    Dean_Catterson, L0tad and 72Volt like this.
  20. Ok, not only do you not need to do this, but, it is causing too many problems when you do. You and Nether have different thoughts about this than others do, but, you were the ones to discuss it on the thread first. If you wanted to bring this to a convo, you should have done that before replying here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.