The LLOlympics

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ShadowKman, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Yay!
    zulu9 likes this.
  2. Ah that's good. Might take some time for me to finish the archery and get some more polish on it and the golf.
    Also the zulu concert hall near the golf / archery can be used for opening / closing ceremonies or after event parties :)
    penfoldex likes this.
  3. If you no capture the flag severs I a, the best at archery on those severs. I am the best archery guy
  4. I already asked someone to amke a banner behind where I was going to put the torch cremony. We should use the halls for parties for competitors...
  5. We should pass a flag from town to wild spawn to the opening events. We can make some posts in the wild on the way :D
    mba2012 likes this.
  6. That would be cool, but difficult. Also, I was going to do torches for the opening ceremony.
  7. This is sounding awesome! Maybe we should not call it LLOlympics but EMC Olmypics because the LLO should be able to host it every year. Give other servers a chance I guess
  8. It's going to be hosted in LLO this year. Next year it will be somewhere else.
  9. If my outpost actually skyrockets we could alternate each year :)
  10. Il do spleef
  11. I think we can have such things more often than just once a yeah. So if your outpost has nice events at some point, why not just have one then. The LLO is getting ready.

Maybe we should form a taskforce (not only LLO members maybe) that go and prepare the locations, help the participants etc. I think we need a lot of signs guiding people, maybe special maps and schedules for people to print out. Stuff like that.
    mba2012 likes this.
  12. I'll add you.

UPDATE
    There now is a Max number for spleef: 32
    There will be 4 semi-final rounds. Who ever wins one of those rounds will be in the final 4.
    The final 4 will do a Battle Royale match.
    Swimming: 16
    Same idea as before except smaller semi-final rounds.
    I do not have say on Archery and Golf. I'm going to leave that up to zulu9.
    Also, the ceremonial hub for the events will be at my place. Does anyone object?
  13. Not sure how many people would be good for the archery and (mini)golf.
    The golf course has 3 holes with different difficulties. The archery has minecarts going around on 3 ranges.
    Golf can be played with 3 players at a time, the archery is one at a time.
    In the end it depends on what the tournament rules will be. For example we can do a qualification round at the archery at mid range and everyone who does not score there is out. Then have the finals at high range. Same for the other sports I guess.
  14. I'm doing a different kind of qualification round.
  15. About my abandoned mine shaft race. It'll be more like a race in an underground maze with mobs and darkness around. You must start with an empty inventory and all start in the same room. Beds will be in locations so that you may respawn there in the event of death. Unfortunately, no spectators are allowed. That should be it. Anyone like the idea?
  16. Another problem is scheduling and spots. Servers only allow up to 60 people. What if more want to watch? How are we do deal with that? And scheduling. We need to make sure that everyone who needs to be there can be there.
  17. Dont do it at llo, because then the location will become more known, and the spectators may grief it :(
  18. The location is barely a secret. And if there are many people who want to visit we only do it if some mods come and play watchguard for the time of the event.
  19. A bit off-topic but... We can celebrate theatre plays at the concert hall... maybe