The Game of Thrones! - WARNING: SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by batmegh, Jun 13, 2013.

1. You are obviously forgetting of when Euron Greyjoy makes a speech about wanting to marry the most beautiful woman to Cersei and then looking at Jaime and saying " Here I am with 1,000 ships and 2 good hands"
    The_Boulder likes this.
  2. As the Hound is my favourite character in Game of Thrones I loved his part this episode with all of the jokes :p
  3. My 2nd favourite violinist Taylor Davis and another of her amazing covers:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EU8UXtu-4k&index=40&list=RD6FvNxJgNxeQ
    She did a Game of Thrones theme song cover and make sure to watch the whole thing cause its gets better towards the middle-end!
    (Sorry for posting whole playlist I was just too lazy to get out of what I was listening to, to find the actual video.)
  4. I liked it when he insulted someone's top knot.

Although it did kinda hurt on a personal level tbh not gonna lie
    battmeghs and Sachrock like this.
  5. me toooooo! LOL xD

nothing makes you look more attractive than a ball of hair on the top of your head. it is legit one of the worst and ugliest hairstyle i have ever seen. lol
    Sachrock likes this.
  6. I've only ever worn one when I was at the barbers and wanted my 10 inch fringe cut off so I could see again. The barbers snipped it off. One of the most satisfying things I've ever seen happen once I got past my "oh crap I wish I grew this out for another year so I could have 20 inch long bangs covering my entire face" reaction. I cannot imagine walking around outside with one willingly.

I always did enjoy it when girls in my class would get excited when I let them put that hair (which was healthier than theirs because I looked after it better, even though theirs was waaaay longer) in a bun and play with it though...
    607 and Sachrock like this.
  7. TELL
    CERSEI
    IT
    WAS
    ME
    Sachrock, The_Boulder and bitemenow15 like this.
  8. .... This is Jon Snow.....
    Qkazooo and bitemenow15 like this.
  9. OLENNNNNNA MADE THAT SCENE

SHE TORE IT UP. BAM. HOLY HELL I NEED TO SAY SWEAR WORDS BUT I CANNOT SAVE ME OH DEAR GOD IT WAS AMAZING I SCREAMED SO LOUD

SHE FINALLY ADMITTED IT WAS HER YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    (i mean we knew it was her, but still)
    *WHIP FREAKING CRACKS*
  10. I've been waiting for Jon and Dany to meet forever. It was so nice to see it finally happen. And for him to see the dragons - at least one of which I suspect he'll be riding soon.

I loved it when he said "I'm not a Stark" and the dragons swooped over him. Foreshadowing is great.

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE THOUGH

During the original invasion of Westeros by the first Targaryen king, Aegon the Conqueror, King Loren Lannister and King Mern Gardener combined the armies of The Rock (now known as the Westerlands by the time GoT takes place) and The Reach to push the Targaryens back. They had a force of 60,000 men and Aegon had only 10,000. The battle was fought on a big field in The Reach. Aegon unleashed his three dragons on the Lannister-Gardener forces, and won the battle by bathing the field in fire. It resulted in the death of the last members of House Gardener, the Tyrells surrendering to Aegon, allowing him to take The Reach and he made the Tyrells Lord Paramounts of The Reach. House Lannister also surrendered.

According to some lore sources, the 'Field of Fire' took place where the future Goldroad would be.

I bring this up because I think history will repeat itself in the next episode. Obviously, The Reach has just now surrendered to the Lannisters and the last member of House Tyrell just drank poison to kill herself with. I'd imagine Daenerys would like The Reach's support back, and will be taking herself and her dragons over there to win it back. In the trailer shots, we see Jaime Lannister and Bronn looking over a big field - they're in The Reach. And they're looking over the Goldroad.
    607 likes this.
  11. Rhaegar/Jon Parallel

As for next weeks episode am more interested what they find in the cave other than Dragon glass. If Jorah Mormont arrives at Dragonstone and Jon is still there the word interaction between those two men.

Yea I caught on to the location of the Lannister/Tarly Army and if history will repeats itself or will they be equipped with mobile Ballistas or smaller version "Scorpio." Also if history repeats itself like this battle than most likely Dany going get Robert Arryn to join her cause will be the same as Ronnel Arryn last boy king of the Eryie. He will join her if get to ride one of her dragons around the Eryie of sorts.
  12. You know, I think everyone saw an obvious future of Dany and Jon getting together and ruling.... But of course they just had to reveal that they are related (though not that that stopped Cersei, but not sure Jon and Dany would go for it if they knew).

At first I thought they were siblings, but according to official graphic from HBO they arent:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/game-thrones-rhaegar-targaryen-father-jon-snow-daenerys-related/

But still seems like Dany has more right to the throne since she's the mad kings daughter? Going to be interesting to see how this all ends up.

Def my fav part of the episode too. And totally waited till after she drank it before he could change his mind.

I will miss Olenna :( No fear in her!
    battmeghs and Eviltoade like this.
  13. Its going to be hard to see who has more of a right, because although dany is the mad kings daughter. Jon is the son of Rhaegar,who was their first child so his kids would of been king. Not to mention knowing their family line Dany probably would of either been married to Viserys to keep the blood line "pure", or used as a way of making an alliance with another household since eventually it didnt work with Rheagar and the Martells.

My guess is they will end up marrying for a partnership not knowing until after the marriage that she is his aunt. Although I dont think it will bother her much since their whole line is built on incest.
    synth_apparition and Eviltoade like this.
  14. Bran knows all, would just take a raven to break news. So there is that variable of uncertainty in 'when'.

Edit: trying to decide if that contained a pun in it.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  15. I doubt Jon wants the throne or try to win the game like he said last episode "We are all children playing a stupid little game". He's more worried about The Long Night and the Night King arrival in Westeros and being prepared for it. Also like Sir Davos said he wasn't entitled or his right to have those positions but achieved them because of the people around him believe in him and choose to follow him. The only reason he will be sitting on the throne is because the people want him to be king and do something to make it so. I would say after this season battle for the iron throne will be on back burner of the surviving contenders realizing that threat from far north is real and need focus on overall survival or not and will be hell in hand basket.
  16. Once it's made public he is an heir to the throne, you better believe his people are going to push him to do it.

They will trust him over Dany, who they don't know, and only know as the mad kings daughter. They've already shown fear that she would be like him.

Where as Jon has been associated to the Starks and has a great reputation.
    If there was going to be a Season 9, id say a Jon v Dan would be a possibility, but I don't think so with us only having 1 more season to go.

I believe it's clear S7 is about defeating Cersei, and S8 is going to be about the army of the dead/surviving winter.
    Hoops_McCann and The_Boulder like this.
  17. s8 is the last season,its coming out in 2019 cause each ep will be an hour so its taking forever to film(so ive heard)
  18. At some point one would have to believe they'll bring the greater story arc full circle with the whole Targaryens/Dragons/R'hllor/Prince That Was Promised vs. White Walkers and The Dead taking center stage. George R.R. Martin didn't name the series "A Song of Ice and Fire" for nothing.

I do agree that given the pace of the plot in 2017 thus far that will not take place in any significant fashion this season.