The Game of Thrones! - WARNING: SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by batmegh, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Unfortunately, I had read/heard something that said that it it going to happen.
    Possible that it was something hinted at in the books. (I didn't read them).
  2. Isn't this season all new material or was a new book put out?
    The_Boulder likes this.
  3. Yes, It's past A Dance with Dragons Book and in Winds of Winter territory...
    ThaKloned likes this.
  4. which i freaking hate that he is letting hbo write his damn ending. -_-
  5. "Winds of Winter will be out sometime next year!" - George R.R Martin, every year.

Rant time!

He's started like, a million plot threads he doesn't know how to finish. Bloated the story with Fake Aegon's invasion of Westeros, the awful Dorne plot, and so many other things. And then he takes on dozens of 'side projects' at a time, like a full on history of all the Targaryen kings with thousands of words in the histories of each one. Like, I get it - he's crafted this massive, wonderful world and he wants to explore it. That's nice. It just gets annoying that he's starting all of these plots he doesn't know how to end, that ultimately serve no purpose to the overall story, while distracting himself with side projects.

I can see why D&D decided to cut fake Aegon, Arianne, Quentyn, etc., out of the story. There was uproar when it happened, but it would have ultimately just resulted in a bunch of things that don't propel us to the end. The price that was paid was an absolutely butchered Dorne plot, but God damn it was terrible anyway.

And like, ASOIAF was supposed to be a neat little trilogy. Then he extended it to four books, had to split book four into two books and didn't fit everything he wanted in to those two books anyway, so extended it to seven books. And I bet after he finishes the sixth book, it'll be extended again. At this rate, we'll never see the end of his story.

And I like my little head theory he just wants it over and done with and passed the burden onto D&D. When Season 8 ends, after the big old grand finale, he'll turn around and say 'yeah it's cancelled, lmao watch the show if you haven't already and want my ending'.

/endrant

607, Qkazooo and ThaKloned like this.
  6. Once episode 7 has aired I want to put up a google poll with predictions for the end of season. Then we can see who got the most predictions right. There will be no prize except the knowledge that maybe you have greensight.

What I want is some question to include, both serious and silly.
    e.g.
    Who will be sitting on the iron throne at seasons end?
    or
    Who will travel the furthest during episode (excluding teleporting ravens)?

Please PM me any questions that you think should be included, I have seen the leaked episode 7 so don't worry about spoilers for it.
    607 likes this.
  7. I was reading an interesting article( can't post it cause I'm on my phone) that basically the reason they remade the night kings looks because they are going down the path of saying that the night king is actually bran stark who traveled back in time to stop them but got stuck in the night kings body, which is why when he asked the children of the forest who they made the white walkers go protect themselves from and they said " you "
  8. Huh? What OS or browser doesn't let you copy links? :p
  9. Adding on to that: Some people say if that is true then what if Jon kills the Night King that Bran may also die etc etc.

CAUTION THERE IS SWEARING IN THIS ARTICLE
    https://www.unilad.co.uk/tv/game-of-thrones-fans-reckon-the-night-king-is-someone-we-already-know/
  10. The children of the forest were being wiped out by the first men. I took it that they meant you as your species.
  11. :p probably,but thats just what the article talking about it meant, here since im on my computer
  12. Faithcaster and The_Boulder like this.
  13. I'm still shaken from that episode 4 hours later. Ahhhhhhhhh
    The_Boulder likes this.

14. Cold Hands for the win!
    Qkazooo, _Devil__, battmeghs and 2 others like this.
  15. Well a clip has already been leaked might as well show it because everyone will see it. Putting in a spoiler below
    Dany arriving late to the summons
    Qkazooo and Sachrock like this.
  16. I assume this is a joke? :p
  17. "I didn't know there was a Home Depot beyond the wall, where did they get those chains?"- amazing person online
    Eviltoade and Qkazooo like this.
  18. I thought the same about the chains... Where in the world...
    Sachrock likes this.
  19. Well the night army did raid that one town by the ocean a few season back.... Not really unheard of that they got giant chains from ships that was used for anchors.

Now, why they would be carrying those chains with them is a good question.
    607, _Devil__ and Sachrock like this.