The future of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AussieZaid, Sep 16, 2015.

?

What do you think EMC will be like in the future

1.9 Update will come 47 vote(s) 77.0%
A new type of supporter 2 vote(s) 3.3%
Bigger residences 1 vote(s) 1.6%
A new SMP 11 vote(s) 18.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Community activity? I didn't realise bringing up legitimate problems is now considered an activity which is supposed to be "had fun with", in most cases i'd put my hands up and agree with you that i like seeing the lighter side of things. However, there's a time and a place, and when staff have already been commented on for being non caring, i see no reason for that comment to have been made.
    Deadmaster98 and kaptrix like this.
  2. :rolleyes: To each their own.. There are more important things to worry about in life.

See above...
    ShelLuser likes this.
  3. 1. Fixed your typo. (your first "me" was labeled as "my." Also, you repeated yourself, technically.)

2. No, no, and no. You don't get it. It's not "wrong." It's a personal preference as to whether it's right or wrong, and you pushing your personal preference onto others in hopes they'll change for your benefit and your benefit alone shows others just how much you hate it and are, in turn, "labeling" the practice and those people as wrong. No need for hypocrisy now. As it is written:

If you seriously want to use religion as your argument for labeling, then there you go. I may not be a bible reader as much as you, but I expect you must know what this quote means, being more of an avid Christian than I.

And this is why Krysyy have locked many threads regarding the subject of Christianity and sexuality before: because it's clearly been shown that people on EMC can't have these kinds of discussions without a clear, thoughtful, considerate, and/or open mind without attacking -- 'scuse me, I mean labeling -- one another. I can only imagine staff will have to deal with more of these subjects/threads in the future because people just won't let them die and keep bringing them up despite what has happened in the past. We don't want another uproar like the several we've had before and when it gets out of hand Staff has to, and in many cases already has, intervene before more anger ensues. Personally, I don't blame them, because they (the threads in question, not the Staff [to clear up confusion]) make the entire community look bad. Why can't we all just get along, regardless of race/gender/sexuality/religion/etc? This is a game.

On a more related note:

I've had a lot of people tell me the same, that I should become a staff member not just because I'm an adult, but also because I'm helpful and very active on here... but here's the problem: Between doctor's appointments, and my own nervousness about being a leader of any sort anywhere, I don't think I could handle moderation the way or with the frequency current Staff members do. Even if they're not replying to you, or giving very poor responses, they're doing so much for us and you probably don't even realize it. In fact, they could be working on a mod report right when you messaged them and you wouldn't even know it because you're demanding they give you priority. That's just not right.

Additionally, I've always seen myself as more of a follower and never a leader... but that's not just because I'm Pisces. :p
    I'd be way too unfit for a leader and probably be hella biased... unintentionally, of course. :oops:
    Deadmaster98 and Penguinub like this.
  4. I don't sit and think about this in my day to day life. I am thinking about it currently because I am currently commenting. There is a difference. I can promise you minecraft has no effect on my real life and I don't lose any sleep at night thinking "gee, I wish such and such wasn't a jerk when I asked him a question in game today." But when you join an internet community such as this, you sort of expect your opinion to be somewhat respected as long as you are serious and not trolling. This is supposed to be a community based server is it not?
    Deadmaster98 and DubChef like this.
  5. If that's your view, why weigh in on this thread in the first place? Asking for changes in a polite way and debating a way forward from it is what grows the community is it not?

I don't see where you're coming from let alone the fact it's been challenged and you can't explain it either :s

THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING, I'm totally losing sleep over it damn it! :p
    kaptrix likes this.
  6. To be fair "future" is a broad topic. Technically, this is on-topic. While you can have your thread closed if you want to, I really don't think there's any reason to as all discussions have been positive and respectful (except for the religion/sexuality debate, because that has an odd habit of coming up at the worst times... from the same person). Again, your decision, but I'd like you not to have it closed. :)
  7. Just to be clear in the United States as of 1995, minor is legally defined as a person under the age of 18.
  8. From the ToS, which I believe is what Jack was referencing:

Registration
    • You are at least 13 years of age.
    Deadmaster98, FDNY21 and ThaKloned like this.
  9. There is nothing wrong with EMC itself and the players. Everyone trys there best to get along no one is perfect so if you don't like EMC just don't play on it or try something new for once. Everyone complaining makes me upset to see nice people fighting over a server that is really good. im not saying you cant hate the server everyone has opinions but i say EMC rocks and. My opinion is that 1.9 update will change everything in a good way so we can experience more awesome things and have fun! I say EMC changed my whole life ( irl + MC ) And i just love i discovered this server.
    khixan and ThaKloned like this.
  10. Weren't you reported by a mod and muted for 30 minutes just yesterday for inappropriate chat behavior?
    If I didn't know any better it'd seem like you're being biased. :rolleyes:
    ThaKloned likes this.
  11. The forums are free for all to post are they not? What are these changes that you need to see? (Maybe I missed the demands in previous posts. Not about to read through 8 pages of drama, so apologies if I did.)

My point is I don't see this 'staff aren't interacting with the community' thing. It seems more like a few have a problem with it. Which doesn't not make your argument invalid btw. I just don't see this issue. I'm on a lot and never once thought they needed to more more or less involved.

What is it I can't explain? Or for that matter need to explain? (When I re-read this bit it sounded a little pompous lol This was not my intention.)
  12. I honestly think we should stop this EMC needs better conversation and chat about what this thread was about!

I cant wait for 1.9 update :D !!!!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I really didn't want to do this guys because i THOUGHT we could have civilized conversation. How religions ONCE AGAIN got brought into a thread for no good reason along with all the other honestly over the top drama, this thread is being closed. If you have a personal problem with that, then please PM me. If not, then go about your day.

To Summarize:
    -Staff do an excellent job of maintaining the rules, but the community wants more personal connection with them. I'll work on it, but the staff are people with real lives too. Sometimes they might just have a bad day.
    -There will not be publicly held elections for staff or representatives to nominate staff, etc. Our community is not a government. Everyone's voice is on equal footing if they want to PM me their choices/recommendations. Some of you already know that since you've done it.
    -Hateful comments will be removed when reported. If you have a problem with that, consult the Terms of Service.
    -The forums can discuss a variety of subjects, as long as everyone follows the rules. If you don't like a post, then IGNORE it. Nothing is forcing you to read it in entirety once you know what it's about.
    -Keep religion/sexual preference arguments out of every thread. Everything is NOT about religion so please stop bringing up the debate issue I've had to close over 5 times in the last week.

As for the topic of this thread:
    1.9 will do the same thing that 1.8 did and 1.7 did before that. It's change and it's going to happen, but we will obviously make any necessary adjustments that are for the good of the community.

Thread closed.
    607, Kephras, DeathPunchKitty and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.