The future of EMC

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AussieZaid, Sep 16, 2015.

?

What do you think EMC will be like in the future

1.9 Update will come 47 vote(s) 77.0%
A new type of supporter 2 vote(s) 3.3%
Bigger residences 1 vote(s) 1.6%
A new SMP 11 vote(s) 18.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have to say, the staff do a pretty okay job at what they're supposed to, but they do feel very robotic and detached from the players. Sometimes they mess up but they're generally pretty good at it, still though the chemistry between the community and the staff is really missing.
  2. I completely agree. As far as punishment and rules, I think the staff are awesome at that.
    DubChef likes this.
  3. To stay on topic,
    If I had to guess I would say that EMC is a sustainable size that will probably last until the final decline in popularity of minecraft.
    Hashhog, LuckyPat and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. Definitely.

I see people get snapped at by a staff member for stating something on their mind all the time, or just ignored. It seems you can't even state your personal opinion if it's not one that everyone else shares anymore.

I completely agree with the Contribution/Youtube/Veteran statement, as well as people kissing staff ass for brownie points. I've heard a lot from people talking about the old days with JustinGuy and IceCreamCow, and these stories are so passionate on how they would interact with the community and actually make things fun.
    xHaro_Der likes this.
  5. Yeah pretty much.. EMC is at the point where there's just too many players that it cannot possibly lose them all basically regardless of whatever happens. It will always have players until Minecraft as a game becomes minor too. I don't think that will be soon though, because even the newer Minecraft players (like 9 years old or younger) love it and they're always getting into it. The point at which young kids cease to love Minecraft and play it until at least their teens is a point that I don't see coming soon at all. Minecraft's death will likely be dictated by a corporate decision far out of the hands of any 'regular' community member.
    8808, Kytula and Boozle_ like this.
  6. Absolutely. It leads back to community-staff interaction. Sure our staff host lots of events, but how often do they talk in chat apart from saying the winner and stuff? It's often "sorry busy hosting this event" when you PM them, where as it used to be very social. I suppose it can't ever be the same but it was nice.
  7. I think less events would actually be more beneficial to EMC, or less advanced events so the staff could actually interact with the players.
  8. My opinion: I don't know why you're pointing out that contributors and other community team members support the staff. There's nothing about being on a team that makes us stick up for the staff team. We're not told to do so; we're not punished if we publicly speak out against staff or a staff decision. The fact that a member says "I have no problems with staff" and the fact that they are on a team or a veteran of the server have nothing to do with one another.
  9. "The 1.9 update will come."

yeah uh I'd say that's a fair assertion...
  10. Maybe you should try messaging more staff or messaging people not during mob arena, because I am constantly seeing player-staff interaction that is not about rules, etc. I myself played cards against humanity (and won) against the players in mumble not 2 days ago. Sure, sometimes we are busy, but we make time to comment on everything we can and include everyone in events, etc. It takes multitasking and based on staff chat logs, I don't see any lack of it.
    607, Dramanya, ShelLuser and 5 others like this.
  11. That reminds me, I'm still waiting to hear your thoughts on Ch8... *taps paw impatiently*
    607 and Krysyy like this.
  12. So Keph. When you getting the green name?... ;)
    kaptrix likes this.
  13. Infinite numbers of beacons? What is this madness? 0_0
    Kephras likes this.
  14. There were "airships" in the end that would spawn with a beacon in the first few snapshots. That was later replaced by a pumpkin, though.
    Hashhog and 607 like this.
  15. It comes with the role surely though penguin? You're (team member) a mini mod, of course you'd support what they'd say. You're active on forums, if you can point me to multiple posts where contrib/team members have directly aimed a comment against staff i'd be surprised...all I've seen is backup even when not needed. You can say it's just the people agreeing with them, but with such a large amount of people and differing opinions i'd be surprised if people haven't held their tongue on posts because of the team title. Again though just an opinion :p
    kaptrix likes this.
  16. Can I just point out the fact that rather responding to me, a person that's been here less than a year, Krysyy chose to respond to a 2 year veteran even though we posted almost the exact same thing? In July, there were similar comments being made on a thread and sr staff and Krysyy both responded the same, telling people to PM them with issues, etc. I had an issue, so I pm'd the sr staff member on the thread saying to pm him with problems, no response. I added another sr staff member to the conversation, then another; still no response. Finally, I added Krysyy to the conversation. All the while, they were still replying to this thread saying "PM them with issues" while I was having an unresolved issue. Obviously I'm not everyone's priority. I don't think the sun rises and sets on my time. It was just an annoying situation where instead of actually responding to the PMs they were telling people to send them, they kept replying in the thread about doing it. I finally got a response requesting information on my issue, which I gave. The last response was me giving this information on July 30th and I have not received a reply from any of the 4 that are involved in the conversation since.
  17. While there are a few words that are allowed to fly under the radar, they are technically "politcally correct."
  18. Alright let me settle my opinion in before the topic goes into lock down...

I have no interaction of staff members when I do it's usually either in saying a friendly hello or something serious. I honestly give ArchDukeMelon, BurgerKnight, Luckygreenbird, Dramanya, seffychan, DWmom, crystaldragon13, Baradar67, ElfinPineapple, AnonReturns, and EvilToade being the most interactive moderators out there. I mean seriously give them a hand!

I do believe in that...
    In order to fix that problem there needs to be a overhaul in the staff list. To me, we have too many moderators who aren't as active or as interative. Of my above list, those are the most common online. I'd say if we are to get the player staff interactions positive, there SHOULD NOT be lesser events. I'd say we have a moderator test in which how they will interact with others.

Like say for example: Player1: Hi Mod! What's up!?"
    Mod:"The usual"

This type of interaction stops players wanting to say hi to moderators as why we feel a disconnect. Either one of the Senior Staff members vanish from the list or from their moderation:rolleyes: to grade on their interactions of players. This is a random test that can happen weekly and they get a report card at the end of the week. If a moderator is gone for longer periods of time posted on their application, they should be messaged of their absences.
    If the moderator fails too many [Depends] times he/she might face a demotion as well as their absences not being addressed.

My fix for the moderation problem.
    [No I will not Message Kryssy about this because others are speaking aloud]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright bit on EMC Failing...

EMC will not experience a fall as Penguin has said. EMC has grown a lot during my time away and I'm still happy I'm here now. All the people who said that EMC will fall... I have yet to see it fall when numbers are still growing. We as players have a choice of how we make our experience here. If there is a problem, yes it should be addressed to a staff member period. If there is a staff disconnect from players, there needs to be something changed of how staff interacts. If it's about the future of EMC well members like me will express their minds of the future on how to improve it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contribution Team...

You guys I find the moderators of forum posts. Contribution team members are helpers on the website. They have no other privileges than that (Not to my knowledge) PenguinNub and Kephras I find most commonly online here. Kephras made a good point.
    Contribution team members need to know the difference of weighing in to moderating.
  19. I imagine its hard for staff to be spread out over 10 servers, dealing with other jobs and having to fulfill RL things also. Maybe if we could have a community leaders that are more dedicated to each server. Answer questions, get people involved with small group activities, personally visit new people joining, etc. deal with minor issues in chat like spamming ,cussing etc. to free up mods alittle more. Have to give AnonReturns a hand for coming and spending some time in smp9 today. There was alot of fun interaction between her and us players today.
  20. Could I just add they are human to HUMANS make mistakes :rolleyes:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.