The first skeleton horse!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by spartan0405, Jun 1, 2016.

1. If the horses you guys have aren't real skeleton/zombie horses, meaning that there is a way to re-skin the horses (assumption), maybe a short term workaround could be that when someone tries to egg a skeleton horse (outside of town) that is pretamed, it could be made into a special mule that appears as a skeleton horse? It would be a mule so that it couldn't be bred. After a real fix is created, then all of these horses would be converted to legitimate skeleton horses.

Just an idea.:p
    ChickenDice, 607, Gawadrolt and 3 others like this.
  2. That actually makes sense, you have a point here :3
  3. Alright cool, you're the top dragon, I was addressing my opinion and I get punched in the jaw once again.

Ill re-address it so we can both be "Happy"

Foxy's Address to Skeleton Horses

1. When the Skeleton Rider is killed, that player who killed the rider will be the new owner.

2. Can only egg a Skeleton horse when the rider is killed

3. Once a Skeleton Horse is tamed, it will be able to function like a normal horse (Your protocol for Regular Horses)

4. Skeleton Horse can not be breeded (Vanilla Intended)
  4. Just because people don't agree with an opinion doesn't mean they're "punching you out". I think you're taking this way more personal than you should be.

IMO the problem is simply that if they add a quick and hasted solution then there's bound to be more problems in the longer run. Now, don't want to be sound rude here but I can come up with several already by reading your ideas:

And so a group of players went out to get them, and one player was sure that he was the one who killed it. That horse should have been his and not that other players, esp. because when he shot his arrows he got blocked by something else. Foul play!

Also: what is going to happen when the mob gets killed due to side effects instead of a players action? Now you could get a skeleton horse without a player assigned to it, maybe it'll get assigned to an illegal player... Which could cause issues in itself.

Now, I could be misunderstanding some things (always possible) but isn't this exactly what the staff is currently trying / planning to do? Keep in mind that a skeleton horse basically gets spawned in a tamed state.

But yeah, sorry to repeat myself but no one is trying to punch you out or ridicule you or anything when they don't (fully) agree with you. And I'm also convinced that no one is out to "get you" personally.
    Gawadrolt and jkjkjk182 like this.
  5. If the Rider itself dies from causes not inflicted by a player, it will be able to be tamed by whoever right clicks the Skeleton Horse first.
    Your attacking the fact of whoever kills the momentous but only the closest player gets the gear. It's the Reverse concept with Skeleton horses, whoever kills the Rider will win the horse. Sure, if a stray arrow from another player kills the rider, you can always ask nicely for that player to egg it and give it to you.
    Sure I do, I was stating my honest opinion of the matter of Skeleton Horses in general.
    Lil_Spartan_Cat and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Which sounds like a logical solution, no arguments there. But I can also see how that might cause arguments amongst players, especially when they're out in a group. A bit comparable to the often shared complaints about the drops from mini-bosses which some players would rather see automatically distributed in order to avoid such discussions.

Do note that I'm not saying that there is a perfect solution here, but I can well understand that the staff wants to take their time to look further into this issue instead of going for an approach which might cause other problems in the longer run. Esp. considering that the system around skeleton horses appears to be broken right now.

This is basically also what triggered my previous comment about easy fixes; we can throw a lot of ideas at the staff but just because things sound easy (or doable or...) doesn't mean that they always are. Though I'm also quite curious to see what they will come up with.

Yeah, which might be (but this is a wild guess on my part) yet another problem: spawning a skeleton horse in with an egg. Also considering that this isn't a vanilla feature right now, horse eggs only spawn regular horses. And well, another guess: normally you spawn a foal whenever you're using an egg on EMC (also applies to other mobs like sheep and cows). Yet you cannot breed a skeleton horse, so I also wonder if a skeleton foal variant actually exists.

And all of those issues would need to be studied and looked into before staff can come up with something solid here I think.
  7. I am still applying this to what I said but I do have a slight suggestion. I dont think people would really like this idea but what if we leave the skeleton horses as they are so you cant ride/have them and they can just be an obstacle in the wild because the skele riders so like a hostile mob. But have the skeleton horse maybe as a promo for Halloween or some other occation :3 thats my suggestion.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. Ok I think what we should is, if it's what the coders do their thing. If we don't get Skeleton Horses that's fine as their so rare anyways that typically you tend to have around a 1% chance of ever getting one anyways.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  9. tldr :p
  10. Basically if you get a skeleton horse don't tell snr staff or the Admins keep it quiet >_>
    Lil_Spartan_Cat and ShelLuser like this.
  11. I was just boating along and I saw this weird horse. As I approached I notice its a skelly horse. EWWWWW. I get closer to inspect it, maybe I can run around looking like a psychopath on this new horse. Then!!! lightning strikes it a bunch of skellies try to kill me. WHY WOULD YOU WANT THIS HORSE!! It's only a matter of time before it betrays you again. I say we round them up and kill them all.
    ChickenDice and Lil_Spartan_Cat like this.
  12. I don't know if the devs altered them at all, but they are not very rare.

In singleplayer, I got around 12 skeleton horses in one rainy night.
    Gawadrolt and ShelLuser like this.
  13. Hm... not too sure what to think on all this. I guess I'll stay quite for a bit on this subject, and see how things turn out.
    Both sides have their fair and perhaps unfair points.
    ShelLuser likes this.