The fact thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Mrlegitislegit, May 21, 2012.

1. ok i meant that non native species are aliens to that environment
  2. Milk was actually used in the Movie Singin' in the Rain to film the Rain because water would not show up on camera
  3. Subjective fact: it sucks to live in Iowa because it's hot during the day, cold at night. Also when it's hit it usually has no cloud cover so it's usually humid and hot, and when it's cold it's always cloudy so it's not only clammy but freezing. Also people think we only grow corn, we are idiots, and have no cities. Actually Iowa has one of the best high schools in the nation. Also we made the first computer, we provide much of the corn for the US, nobody actually targets us for political parties so we have barely any political commercials, and we don't all wear overalls. But unfortunately it seems that very one ere thinks that a mouse is a point an click device for the screen :(
    No we are not dumb, we just have common sense to not say "yolo", so we are perceived as dumb and not hip. Also it's practically th hipster Capitol.
  4. Hey thats really offensive! My cousin is in Iowa!
  5. well at least the "sucks" sentence :p
  6. Its wores for us texans. People think we are cowboys and say "y'all" and our name are "Betty Sue" or "John Jimmy" and all we think about is cows. And that we go to school on horses and all we talk about is herding longhorns.
    I live in Austin, Texas and I can veto all that. We are normal people that talk about sports and go to school on buses or in cars. Our names are common lile "Will" and "Alex", but I guess we might say "y'all" sometimes... :p
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  7. That's not why they say Bless you, people said bless you before they knew about your heart stopping and they said it because they thought you were ridding demons from your body so they blessed you to make sure they did not come back in.
  8. oh sorry
  9. The first spam Email was sent on May 3, 1978. PM and I will send you it if you want! :)
  10. Fact: This is my 300th post
  11. Texas Instruments, a well know company for their calculators, also makes missile guidance technology for the U.S. Military.

You burn more calories when sleeping than watching TV.

Chips Ahoy is named differently in Canada yet it still falls under the same company.
  12. FACT: Minecraft is one of the best and most popular computer games around.
  13. You burn more calories chewing gum than sitting.
    Sitting at a 135* angle is the healthiest angle to sit at. The worst is 75*, second worst is 90*.
    Finally got my gas mask hose today in the mail :D (it actually Was sitting on the mantle fr a few days because it was labelled to my dad and I thought it was his :D
    I'm getting yet another has mask, and it should be here by the 5th. The GP-5 civilian Russian gas mask 40mm threaded filter input. That's my 3rd civilian gas mask from Russia so far.
    I have an obsession over has masks. The reason why I got the hose is so that I can wear a suit with a red tie >:) I also do far have lost 20 pounds so I look practically skin and bones so it is even creepier. Too bad I got banned from k-mart, that place is in walking distance :(
    HylianNinja likes this.
  14. According to the Theory of Relativity, you age slightly faster on a staircase then on a floor.

Lady Gaga's meat dress has its own Wikipedia page.

Paul Revere did NOT shout "The British are coming"!

Peanuts are a type of bean.

Why are movie production houses in Hollywood? They were running from Thomas Edison.

Pigs are the enemy in Angry Birds because of the swine flu.

The E in Ebay stands for Echo. The owner of Ebay wanted it to be called Echobay, but the name was already taken.

The Birth of Adolf hitler, the BP oil spill, and the Columbine high school shooting, all happened on April 20th.
    imBobertRobert and HylianNinja like this.
  15. Strange :eek:

16. Fact: You can't touch the back of your elbow with your tongue.

Suggestion: Put your tong back in your mouth.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  17. Fact: If Facebook was a country it would be third largest.
  18. In 1937, a Florida teenager might have overheard hours of Amelia Earhart's post-crash distress signal, but no one took her or her father seriously. She also took notes of what she said.

Mullets are banned in Iran.

Cosmonaut Sergei Avdeyev time traveled 0.02 seconds into the future. He did it by being in space for 748 days in space, and experienced o.2 seconds less then the rest of the world.
    imBobertRobert likes this.
  19. i dont look like that! i look like that-----\
    <------------------------------------------/
    actually... i look like this. the irony that this was a book too. i guess im naturally a freak... LOL!

gravity affecting time FTW!
    theoretically one could also stay in a sort of stasis if they where subjected to a large amount of gravity. gravity can be artificially made by magnetism, therefore electromagnetics can infact slow down time.
    my theory: make i giant, controlled magnetic field. put in a subject, and before they get crushed by the gravity, have the magnet turned off. then they have gone forward in time fractionally!
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  20. Toasters are 10x more effective at toasting then tanning beds.

New Jersey has it the worst. Jersey Shore, and Newark. I think that's enough explanation.