The End of Lotteries

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Dear Community,

Due to multiple recent issues with lotteries and their ability to be a source of purposeful/accidental scams, they are being disallowed on the Empire as of today, October 11, 2014 at 2 pm EMC time.

Any Lotteries that are not currently complete should issue refunds to ticket buyers immediately.

If you have an issue with a specific lottery, please start a private conversation with a staff member and invite krysyyjane9191 to the convo. The Staff will be very busy handling multiple reports of this. We ask that you are patient as we work to solve the issues.

Thanks,
    Staff Team

Note: A lottery is a system in which you sell multiple tickets for a chance at winning a grand prize or other prizes. Due to the nature of the money staying in the lottery runner's account for a prolonged amount of time risking the player being banned, people using it to circumvent the no loaning policy, as well as other major issues with scams, they are now banned.
  2. Finally! Happy to see this addition :)
    We3_Nub_, troop53no, Dee6983 and 10 others like this.
  3. lol yay no more player scams
    We3_Nub_, Dee6983, tuqueque and 5 others like this.
  4. This is a good policy change. Thanks!
  5. Aw man there went my 2 year party lottery plans.. -groans- Oh well, too many scams to keep it going, people ruin good things trying to scam for quick money.. sugh.
    We3_Nub_ and MrUnknownian like this.
  6. I agree with sambish20.
    We3_Nub_, Sambish and Faithcaster like this.
  7. Bit too late as I got scammed already multiple times but its good so people will not be scammed ever again at least Ihope they wont :D
    We3_Nub_, Faithcaster and 607 like this.
  8. Yay! I was hoping this would happen! (now we'll only have to wait until they are disallowed in real life too ;))
  9. While I do think at sometimes lotteries could work out, I definitely appreciate and approve this motion which will extinguish all scamming using this method. Thanks, krysyy! :)
    Faithcaster likes this.
  10. I entered a lottery once. All I won was disappointment . . .
  11. Agree with this rule 100% :)
    Faithcaster likes this.
  12. I'm glad to see that the staff on this server are looking for ways to decrease negative activity. :) If this has been a problem, then I thank you for taking care of it! :)
    Faithcaster and 607 like this.
  13. RIP the dream
    Jcplugs likes this.
  14. If people really want lotteries, then perhaps they can pay staff to set them up officially. It would be akin to an event. And, like other staff services, the lottery requester would have to pay a fee to the staff. Maybe 10,000r for a 100,000 lottery?

Just my 2 cents ^^
    trent948 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  15. But.. What do you like so much about lotteries?
    troop53no and Seanawesome14 like this.
  16. THANK YOU

They've been so dumb really from the start, random people with no money were making lotteries blind as a bat and had no idea wtf was going on. Great addition :)
    607, slash14459, fishmeal and 5 others like this.
  17. If only you could ban lotteries IRL.

Or have lightning strike everyone you can twice in their life time so the odds of them winning increase.
  18. Thanks for this Krysyy! I entered two lotteries a while ago, and got scammed with them both. Good to know that the staff took notice and changed things!
  19. I've done the calculation and your chances of winning the lottery are identical whether you play or not.
    Qwerty189, Kromo30, dresden72 and 4 others like this.