The End of Lotteries

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Oct 11, 2014.

1. It is about time.. even I suggested that there would be a staff made lottery but to be honest this is a THOUSAND times better. I even started to wonder why Lotteries were still allowed, because players could easily scam other members, especially with the so called "chance of winning". Glad this has been clarified! :)
  2. i dont think youve been scammed multiple times, atleast theres no proof in your 6 posts in your lifetime on the empire forums. you must mean in game lotteries no?
  3. i do mean ingame but i had an alt account which i have lost and do not remember that has been scammed multiple times and i just hope poeple shall not get scammed ever again
    607 likes this.
  4. To everyone saying theyve been scammed. How do you know you were scammed. Theres a pretty good chance you werent scammed but just didnt win.
    bitemenow15 likes this.
  5. well they say that one person has won but they dont pay up and they get more money also so its bargain for them so obviously u have been scammed if it has happened in that way that i have described
  6. You are 3 times as likely to be killed in a car crash on the way to buy a lottery ticket than you are to win the lottery -National Geographic.
    607, PenguinDJ, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  7. Kind of off topic, lotteries are actually good, well in the UK anyway. The national lottery funds many heritage projects, which is good.

Back to EMC. Good news.
  8. *Keeps rupees and hides in a hole*
  9. I'll chime in and say thank-you(!) to the EMC staff for this. It's great to know that not only is the staff aware of current issues, but they are also able to address them.
  10. I always viewed the lottery as a tax on idiots. Only time I bought a lottery ticket was when I turned 16 and was legally buy them; I did it as a symbolic gesture. A lot of people argue the good causes aspect of the UK lottery redeems it, and maybe it does to a degree, but part of me thinks: surely it'd be better to put 100% of your lottery money into good causes, instead of playing the lottery and having only 28% given to good causes.

On the topic of this, I think this is a good idea, lotteries are quite risky. Come to think of it, I think I may have ran one of those lotteries which circumvented the loan policy, way back in the day, lol.
    AwesomeBuilder33 and 607 like this.
  11. How exactly does that make sense? If you enter you have a chance, however small, whereas if you don't play then you have 0.00% chance to win...
  12. I took it as a sarcastic statement implying that either way you get nothing.
    dresden72, Mirr0rr, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  13. Finally!! No more lag spikes and losing all my rupees!! :D
  14. how do you know they didnt pay...maybe they did and youre just mad you didnt win
  15. Lottery: A tax on people who are bad at math.
  16. I bought one lotto ticket. Should I ask for a refund?
  17. ...

Lottery:
    Pay-in: 1,000,000 tickets
    Payout: 1,000,000 tickets
    Government tax: 40% of 1,000,000*ticket-price
    True payout: 600,000*ticket-price
    jkjkjk182 buys 500,001 tickets.

Probability says that I am the most likely to win compared to all the other potential winners, and I will come out ahead. If I were to do this a large amount of times, I would certainly come out ahead of where I started.
  18. Then again, that is about a 1.8 million in 1 chance to get killed in a car crash, but the EMC lottos are normally about 1 in 1000.

EDIT: Support this rule, though. Thanks, krysyy!
  19. nvm im not gonna argue about this but all i know is that no one gets payed cuz the person logs off immediately and its not fair just sayin
    607 likes this.
  20. I agree with this rule 100 percent but I do know that when I ran a lottery, I payed the person who won. And if anyone wants to ask, his name is tedrocker. He received 30,000 rupee from me