The End of Lotteries

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Are lotteries where you don't have to pay still allowed? Ex: Buy a free item and get counted towards the lottery...
  2. Well, if you round it two whole percents... (that's not correct English, is it?)
  3. Those would be classified as give-aways.
  4. Glad to see this happen :) It was all a bit fishy in my opinion :p
  5. Wipple must be so mad....
    Mirr0rr and Seanawesome14 like this.
  6. Lol
  7. Lol. The government is just like a new EMC player and their lotteries.
  8. Some people here are reporting having been scammed many times. Clearly we needed a ban to protect people who don't seem to know about learning from experience.
  9. Yay Teh XD I have never actually been in a lottery....
  10. I didn't enter either. I asked a guy running a lottery if he used independent verification. He replied with this series of statements:
    a) "The admins verified that it's fair",
    b) "You just have to trust us", and
    c) "How many tickets did you buy again?"

The next day this thread appeared :D

Now, I'm not accusing anyone of scamming, but there were clearly some questionable methods used and an adverse reaction to questioning. Maybe if these had lotteries has been open, and employed independent verification, they would still be permissible.
    Mirr0rr and weeh666 like this.
  11. ok here is what i think on this subject there should only be liscensed lotteries
  12. When I saw your post, I misread your name and started wondering when I posted on this thread.
    PenguinDJ, Mirr0rr, 607 and 1 other person like this.
  13. still what you wanted to happen was not even possible
  14. Are you saying independent verification is not possible? When we spoke about your lottery I gave you this site as a reference: (http://www.random.org/draws/details/?draw=23290). This site (likely one of many) provides a list of the entrants and displays the number drawn. I think it's great and recommend anyone running a lottery to check it out.

I'd love if you could share your view as someone hosting a lottery. It must have been very time consuming to organize the entrants and hold the drawing. What were some of the other challenges you faced? What was the EMC verification process like? Are you willing to share the name of the admin which performed the verification? I would be much more supportive of future lotteries if I understand the process behind that.
  15. Are we allowed to do free lotteries?
  16. Yes. The definition of lottery used here requires some sort of cash. A giveaway is allowed.
    607 likes this.
  17. Great :3
  18. I have a lottery and for 60r you can win awesome prizes or something like a sapling, you don't win money do i have to shut it down or can i keep it (already built and been running for quite a while
  19. This post clearly states lotteries are NOT allowed
    607 likes this.
  20. a friend told me cuz mine was already built it was aloud but i guess not ;-;