The Do's and Do Not's of Reporting

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Krysyy, Aug 4, 2014.

1. Lol. I was told by a player that he reported me for spamming a few days ago. I was reminding people not to use excessive caps, and he got very angry lol.
    Mirr0rr likes this.
  2. About the language part, is crap allowed? :p And what if people go to server to server advertising their shop, auction ect? Because out of all things, THAT annoys me.
    SoulPunisher and Pab10S like this.
  3. This this this this this. There was some player going to each server today who had this huge advertisement for some drop party. It took up a total of 10 lines -_-. I rarely ignore people, but after his third visit, he joined that list.
  4. This will probly help you guys a lot. :)
  5. Yeah, I'm a bit puzzled about this. A movie with that in it likely wouldn't get a PG classification in Australia. I'm sure the parents of most kids around the world wouldn't exactly, approve of this kind of language being freely used.
    SoulPunisher and jkjkjk182 like this.
  6. The caps lock button can be so annoying. My computer doesn't have a light, or any notification at all, that tells me that I pushed caps lock. Because of that, I always check over what I'm saying before I hit enter.

Anyway, I don't report people that often, but I only report people when their offences are consistent and haven't been dealt with.
  7. Great guide Krysyy :) First time I've ever seen a member of staff swear here :p
  8. If I've gone to the waste and someone's built a bridge across the sea and I've took 2 stone fences is that briefing (I did that when I first joined on my old account I wasn't sure if it was allowed if someone can please clarify it will make me feel a lot less guilty)

So Sorry
    -Luka
  9. I don't know about briefing, but it is considered minor griefing if you don't put the fences back.
  10. Well, that would be griefing, but it is a minor offence that probably isn't punishable. If you replaced the fence then it'd be perfectly fine, but otherwise, it might just be an annoyance to to whoever built it. As long as you didn't take the whole bridge (or a portion of it) down, I wouldn't mind.
  11. It was like 2 fences and it was on my old hacked account :-( (at the time I thought it was a wasteland where people but there junk)
  12. And it's been reset since so I can't go back and replace :-(
  13. As long as you didn't mean to damage it then it's fine.

Also, grieifing isn't acceptable anywhere on EMC including the wastelands (I agree that it is a bit misleading).
  14. Thx it wasn't intentional as in I didn't set out wanting to destroy someone's hard work and thx this makes me feel much better
    mba2012 likes this.
  15. Who's to say it's not already there? :)
    607 and Lukas3226 like this.
  16. We all make mistakes like once I placed a block somewhere someone logged on and suffocated but we knew each other URL so it was quite funny
  17. Irl I ment I don't like spell check xD
  18. That is still reportable. This guide is meant to handle SOME of the offenses that we see reported all too often.
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  19. What i find a problem with staff is that if there on utopia and you need there help there afk farming. if staff could maybe use other accounts wrather then the green named one just so that we know its not them
    Pab10S likes this.
  20. The best solution is to rebuild the spot you go through at so that Boats can go under it. You may have to work a bit to fix the water currents. If you go underneath and build two blocks down from the bridge then one up it will remove the water current. You still have to make it wide enough so that you don't hit the sides and be careful as you go through.

As far as that being seen as grief, anyone doing a cobble bridge at water level is being rather thoughtless of other people's rights to play anyway and it is not like it is some treasured work of art. Someone just wanted to cross Water and didn't care who they inconvenienced doing it. I figure if anyone ever complains that I put a bridge in, then I would counter-complain that they griefed my right to an unobstructed Water passage first.
    highlancer54 likes this.