The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Wow, you don't even like the tent idea huh? ;) Well, it really isn't the best car, but that's just an example of one that has its ups and downs. Whether it has more downs or not is up to your opinion... And I think that you think it has more downs! :p
    luckycordel likes this.
  2. That moment when your setup costs more than an actual race car... (Found on the internet)
  3. That moment when there a nice car on eBay then look at one side is destroyed :(
    FDNY21 likes this.
  4. I've seen that many times on my hunts through the classifieds :p Someone out there is willing to go out and repair these cars, usually, but it's not great when sellers decide to show the nice part of the car in the first picture rather than the damage >_> It's a good way of getting more viewers though, if the car looks neat then the seller will get a bigger audience, I see why they do it :)

EDIT: But then it appeals to the wrong audience. Someone looking for a broken car will look for a broken car in the picture rather than a clean example...
    KJHaddrell01 and 607 like this.
  5. This one is a bit different. The Nissan Bluebird. What are your thoughts on this? I'm quite fond of it!

ShrinkingMatt and 607 like this.

6. So, this is the Bricklin SV-1. The SV stood for Safety Vehicle.

Did you know? The doors were operated at the push of a button! The first automatic gull-wing doors
    Raaynn, luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  7. And also, the front and rear bumpers would push inward to absorb impact I believe! I've seen one of these in real life at the Haynes Motor Museum in England, they are quite nice!

They have no cigarette lighters because the maker did not like people smoking while driving, and the car used a built in roll cage! :)
  8. I'd honestly love to have one. But, alas, I do not know where I could buy one, and I can't drive yet
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. They only made about 2,500 of them and the company went bust. Good luck finding one for sale, and if you do, let's just hope that they don't cost hundreds of thousands yet eh? :rolleyes:
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. ^^^ Roll cage is a nice safety feature. But how would you get out, if you found yourself upside down. Just wondering:D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  11. I know some gullwing systems allow for the doors to shoot/detach from the side, unhinging itself from the car in the event of a rollover. But, seeing as how this is an older gullwing design, my guess is that you're probably stuck! :p
    luckycordel likes this.
  12. I'm not usually a big fan of Porsches... But the Porsche Cayman GT4... I think I kinda like it :rolleyes:
    luckycordel likes this.
  13. Oh... I like it yes I do!:D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. I don't know about you all but I do like my american side.

Thank you Dodge for making the Hellcat Challenger
    Raaynn, FDNY21 and luckycordel like this.
  15. Hard not to like 707 hp
    FDNY21 and FoxyRavenger like this.
  16. Anyone who watches supernatural will know this car.

For those who don't watch it, it's a 1967 Chevy Impala, painted black.
    Raaynn, luckycordel, HxCami10 and 3 others like this.
  17. The Challenger is great, I've always liked the Dodge Challenger and Chargers. The brand new Charger Hellcat especially is nice, just look at this thing...

And the Charger has that too! Awesome :D
    I haven't seen the show, but that's an awesome car! :)
    luckycordel likes this.