The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. They say it doesn't need re-oiling for 50,000 miles, but I'll pass this onto my dad too! :p Cheers :D
  2. Yep it does, but the filter it self, relies on the oil to catch dust & dirt. So for me, I feel better doing it more often. That kit will clean & oil the filter 5 times. So I buy one kit every 50,000 mile.
    I change my engine oil more often than recommended too. safe than sorry, is what I like to say.
    plus I'm always under my hoods lol. can't help myself!:D
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  3. Better safe than sorry is always the way to think about it! Haha yeah, I see that you are under the hood often :p
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  4. I haven't done a "You pick your favourite" before, so let's do one, which of the following is your favourite? :)

From top to bottom:
    Honda NSX
    Mazda RX7
    Toyota Supra
    Nissan Skyline R34

I'd have to take the Nissan Skyline myself! :)
  5. Nissan Skyline R34:D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. Wise choice - easy winner for me! :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  7. I think I just found one of the strangest looking classic Porsche pictures on the internet... Does anyone know anything about this thing? >_>
    luckycordel likes this.
  8. Toyota Supra, even though I am not a Toyota fan, I like it the most there =P
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. Ah, the version shown in the photo? That seems to be liked by a lot of people, I prefer the Supra generation that they made before it though :)
    ItsMeWolffpack likes this.
  10. Merry Christmas everyone! :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. In 1967 an American-based Coachbuilder, Troutman-Barnes took two wreaked '67 911's & came up with that.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. Wow, that's an interesting idea :eek: Do you know if it's still around? Seems like an odd looking car but it's still pretty nice!
    luckycordel likes this.
  13. Never seen one in person. There are die cast models out there. Only a few were made. I think that's what inspired Porsche Panamera.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. I could imagine, I bet they are really really rare! That's interesting though, the Panamera is alright :) I'm not the biggest fan of Porsche but that's cool! :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  15. Some cars we love, but sometimes, there's cars that we don't like as much - or even ones that we like and don't like at the same time!

One of those cars for me has to be the Pontiac Aztek. From the back, I think it looks quite nice, a run-around, a family car for people that don't want a giant Chrysler Minivan...

But from the front, well, need I say any more? Suddenly, all of your hopes and dreams, crushed...

What do you think of this car? Production only survived a few years or so I believe, so it's safe to say we know the fate of the car, but I'm still interested in your thoughts!
    luckycordel likes this.
  16. JUNK!!! Not sorry for caps neither. :eek:
    FDNY21 likes this.
  17. In reaction to the Pontiac Aztek:
    I, I... don't like the back either, blech :p
  18. Why's that? Think it's ugly? :p
    I think that the back was quite purposeful, it allowed the back to be opened up for a tent to be put up out of it. Traveling and tenting on the move! :)
    607, luckycordel and KJHaddrell01 like this.
  19. ^^^ need the tent for when your stuck on the side of the road lol
    & yes theres nothing I like about it. well I like the tires lol
    FDNY21 likes this.