The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Next car event in just over a week - not sure when I'll get the video up for that as it'll be Halloween the night of the 31st as well and will be busy. We'll see nearer the time but expect a video in 1-2 weeks for Supercar Saturday! :D
    luckycordel and KJHaddrell01 like this.
  2. Did a small bit of reading in my Audi quattro book and found out that two other possible names for the original were "Quadro" and "Carat", Carat being short for "Coupe-All-Rad-Antrieb-Turbo". Treser, one of the designers, managed to fight against the PR teams and other Audi executives and got the name quattro put onto the car.

But, the name quattro also has a little bit to itself as well. At release in Geneva, the car wore the lower-case version "quattro" but the wall behind it said it was the "Quattro". At this point, people were unsure if it was to be referred to with a lower-case or an upper-case letter q.

Two years later, other units under Audi started to wear the quattro name in the lower-case form and at this point it was decided that quattro should be defined and written in lower-case and not upper-case.
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  3. Nice bit of info!:D
    Thx, Fendy!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  4. That's interesting!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  5. Glad that both of you found something interesting about it! It's always nice to learn something new and interesting about my favourite car and I'm happy that I can share that with you all also :D
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  6. I love finding new and even more awesome images of the quattro...
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  7. ^^^ Clean^^^
    FDNY21 likes this.
  8. Best way a quattro looks! Some people try to make them replicas of the Sport versions, they don't look quite right because the Sport ones were short wheel base... I just like a clean looking quattro, the way that they should be! Rally ones are good too ;)
    luckycordel likes this.
  9. Supercar Saturday tomorrow! Expect a video some time likely on Sunday or somewhere near then for it if I take a fair amount of videos there :)
    luckycordel likes this.

10. So, here is an initial pull. Little louder than I had thought, and kinda focused on the dash.
    But, this one is NA, so no turbo-pulls yet. ;) Still, was fun.
    luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  11. That is quite loud, nice! Which one of yours is this? I always get mixed up between your two main ones :p

If you get any turbo pull videos, be sure to share! Thanks High! :D
    highlancer54 likes this.
  12. Oh, I intend to do a few vids for that one for ya!
    I have to plan a turbo pull out a little better.

In the vid with my NA, I don't know if you caught it, but just after starting the 3rd gear pull, I cut off the power pretty quickly cause I didn't 'want' to speed.

For a turbo pull, last time I pulled 3rd gear I was well past 100, which is too much for roads :eek: Have to go to the closed sections to do a few proper pulls.
    607, FDNY21 and luckycordel like this.
  13. I assume you record with your phone, too? If you've got a car mount for the phone then use that but assuming you don't, sellotape it to the top of the steering wheel or something :p It may seem silly but it should do its job for a pull on a straight...

Probably best not to speed on the standard roads, be safe High! Will be nice to see the turbo some time later on :)
    607 likes this.
  14. Bump, Supercar Saturday video will be recorded today and then uploaded another day :)