The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Oh my, this is your image? Yes please, this Mustang looks great! <3_<3
  2. yeah, it's my photo. it was at the mall near my house on display and I want to take it home with me.. it's only a 4 cylinder.. but, it looks sexy as hell. lol

I need myself a v8 <3
    Gap542, highlancer54 and FDNY21 like this.
  3. Are they selling them? Go sign for one, now! :rolleyes: Even the 4 cylinders will be great to drive - my father's Focus ST is a 4 cylinder and that things runs a dream. The V8 must be real crazy, and the GT350Rs are even crazier as I saw at Goodwood!
  4. I remember reading a few years ago about a 4 cylinder turbo mustang "Eco" is that what this is? Pardon my ignorance but is that the Eco boost thing that every mechanic I have talked to hates?
  5. I'm not really sure... Ecoboost is just what they call the engines now, bit like how there was the Pinto, Kent, Duratec, Zetec etc I believe :) My father's Focus ST uses a 4 cylinder turbo Ecoboost, and believe me, there's not that much eco about it ;) Packs a real punch, slamming down the accelerator puts you into the back of the seat, isn't too bad on fuel but is no standard Focus Ecoboost by any means...

Anyway, the engines have been really good over here in the UK - not sure how it is over the pond for y'all, we don't have the Mustangs here (not until later this year/next year, for the first time ever)
  6. Looks fab. Puts out around 300 HP *at the crank*
    Yes, the V8 Mustang GTs just sound so sweet.
    Nice pic. Glossy, Candy, Red.
    battmeghs and FDNY21 like this.
  7. 300BHP is still going to churn out a very healthy WHP number though! They certainly sound great and they look so good too! :D
    highlancer54 likes this.
  8. Well, the Herald served me well but after a few years it was time to say goodbye and move to a different car. A few weeks back, I sold the little Herald for a 1964 Austin 1100 MK1 (I hate modern cars!). While the Herald looked a lot nicer than the 1100, under the bodywork, the 1100 was far superior. It boasts a beautiful long, thin dashboard with a strip speedometer, the engine that was used for the mini right up to the year 2000 so parts are plentiful, better fuel economy and not forgetting its famous hydrolastic suspension! Feels like you're riding on a magic carpet.
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.

9. I recently got a new car so I thought I'd update my previous post. This is my 2016 Corvette Stingray. I've had it for only about two months now but I couldn't be happier with it. It's a huge upgrade from my last car. As it sits right now I've only added the center hood stripe, but I have side skirts and a front splitter on the way.
    Raaynn, 607, Hashhog and 2 others like this.
  10. Although I am sad to hear that the Herald is gone, the 1100 sounds like a great trade in and it sounds as if you got some great benefits in that car. It'd be nice to see it some time! :D
    Wow VITIRI, that car is awesome! Did you get rid of the Dodge Challenger or do you still have that too? That Corvette looks like a lot of fun, the side skirts and front splitter will really complete the look! Anything else planned on it?
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. That thing looks amazing! :) I mean, anything with "Stingray" in the name is amazing, but this car is particularly beautiful, and I've never been a big car person. The center hood stripe was a very nice touch on your part.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  12. Could you switch cars? :p
  13. What do you mean? Switch with what car? :p
  14. His car against my mothers car!! :p
  15. The Porsche or the Audi? :p
  16. Audi!!
  17. Audis are great, but I'll admit that I'd take the Corvette over that big ol' thing that your mum has xD Sorry Audi :rolleyes:
    luckycordel likes this.

18. Sorry I had too..
    FDNY21 likes this.
  19. Saw this not so long ago, not sure what the person's motivation was for making this kind of thing xD
    Tahitan likes this.