The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Yeah, here in the US, Dodge Charger police cruisers are actually very, very common, along with Chevrolet Impalas, and Ford Crown Victorias. Pretty fun out there in England, aye? :3

EDIT: Woops, quote thingy broke. XD.
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  2. Here in Alabama there Corvettes for police cars! lol Try out running them.
    No car going to out run a Radio!
    383ci mouse, I built for a Buddy. 450 hp
    0.jpg
    HillbillyBeastly, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  3. That is awesome. I've seen a video with a Camaro police cruiser. Pretty cool, and fast! Fast vehicles for police stations are ideal, because some of those joyriders with their BMWs can probably easily outrun many other cruiser types, such as the Ford Crown Victoria. By the way, that looks awesome! How long did it take you to make?
  4. Volvos and Vauxhalls are quite common in the British police force. There's a few 4x4s and such here and there, and some of the unmarked police cars are things like BMWs. There are the odd Jag, Subaru and Mitsubishi here and there but I've never seen any of those three around in the police force...

America pulls out the muscle with cars with massive engines like the Dodge Charger and Ford Crown Vic. Don't even start on Dubai... They have a fleet of supercars :p No joke:

Raaynn, MustangLover25 and 607 like this.
  5. Oh my lord. You'd be damned screwed* to break the law in Dubai. I've heard of the traffic jams there; Ferrari's, Aston Martins, BMWs, and Lamborghinis all over the place.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. Here's a good maths equation to explain why that has happened (or at least it goes something like this anyway)

Dubai built + lots of fossil fuel oils in the area = extracting oil and selling = lots of money and lots of rich people = lots of cars are bought with the money = expensive traffic jams
  7. Ah, no wonder why. I've been hoping to some time take a vacation to Dubai, and see for myself all of its beauty. Some day... :D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  8. I've always wanted to go to New York myself.... One day :p
  9. Haha... I've been there once. Pretty crowded, I'd say. Not a real big fan of NY, but I guess it's pretty nice there.
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. I suppose I'll have to try and spot FDNY Truck 21 "Hell's Kitchen" :p
    battmeghs, 607 and Nighthawk3846ALT like this.
  11. As for my favorite car (and my all-time dream car), it's definitely got to be the one and only...

Bugatti Type 57SC.

With not much power beneath the hood, this baby makes up for it all in looks. Sleek, old, classic car. May not drive very well, but is she every a beauty. With only around 2 known to be made and in existence, that makes this care a super-rare. Ralph Lauren is currently pricing his at around 40 million dollars or more, so I've got some saving to do (and I definitely need a larger piggy bank). :rolleyes:

Of course, that's my dream car and not what I actually aim to own. Right now, it's looking more like this is the car that I'm gonna have. =P :
    Raaynn, 607 and FDNY21 like this.
  12. 710 produced in the 30s, but only two supercharged 57SC versions ever made. Very rare... You definitely have some saving to do! What kind of car do you realistically aim for, though? I think that my dream car could realistically be achieved... Audi Coupe quattro :D

As for Bugatti, my favourite is the EB110. Not too old, not too new, it's the perfect blend of masses of power and classic styling!
    607 and cadenman2002 like this.
  13. As a realistic expectation, I definitely like the Porsche Carrera S. I think it is within reasonable price range, and also a very nice car. =P
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. The classic Porsche Carrera looks so good... The classic styling... It just feels better than the modern ones do :] I bet maintenance of this beast will cost you an arm and a leg though, let alone the car!
  15. Now that's pretty cool...
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. Engine in a week.
    My 34, I've been at it for 12years on & off.
    Lots of projects.
    FDNY21 likes this.
  17. There are loads of cool FDNY trucks! I suppose I'll post a few below...

Satellite 2. One of five Satellite trucks, these trucks are all paired with a standard engine at fire stations across the city and are used when a large deck gun is needed to fight fires. Hoses are usually used though, so these don't get a lot of action, hence why there are only five! This truck is a Mack MR with bodywork by Ferrara.

Ten Truck, this truck is dedicated to 9/11, housed at station 10 which was the station right in front of the towers. This truck is the newer version of Ten Truck, it is a Ferrara, but the one before it was a Seagrave.

There are loads of other great trucks like Squad 61 and plenty of engines and ladders all around the city. A massive department... If you want to look at any more trucks then there's this guy called Michael Martinelli that has a website with pictures of pretty much every truck in the department (hundreds) including spec ops units, training units, FDNY trucks used in movies and so much more... He's the pro FDNY photographer :p Link: http://www.fdnytrucks.com/
    Nighthawk3846ALT and 607 like this.

18. It has to be the Audi R8 for me. I have loved them for years.
    The design of front, back and side is pretty
    Nighthawk3846ALT and FDNY21 like this.
  19. It was never a big thing for me but it does look nice. However, pictures were released of a new design recently, and I think they look awesome!

meerkatman1 likes this.
  20. I'm lovin the Mate glossy look of the photos..
    FDNY21 likes this.