The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Was curious about an R/C Audi quattro... Now I'm jealous of the people that have one... Usually you can only buy expensive bodies for them and put them onto an expensive Tamiya chassis, so it's costly, hence jealousy ;)

luckycordel and 607 like this.
  2. Trying to add a car video from a game I recorded with Fraps to Movie Maker but it says it's corrupted or the wrong file type? I can view the video itself on its own so I assume it isn't corrupted and Movie Maker says it accepts .avi files so does anyone know what has gone wrong so that I can be able to add the video to Movie Maker?
  3. I've had those problems before, I think. Have you tried it multiple times, or just once? If it still doesn't work, I'd suggest just not using Movie Maker :p A free, but much better alternative is Lightworks. (also, are you using Windows Movie Maker (XP) or Windows Live Movie Maker (7 and possibly up)?)
  4. I think it's just the standard XP version, it came with my Windows 7 PC for some reason :p I thought it would come with live...

Anyway, I've tried several times, and it's strange because I have been able to get these exact files from the exact same program onto this exact same movie maker on the exact same computer a while ago for some Minecraft videos... I'm thinking that I might just change the file type of the .avi and see if I can get it onto Movie Maker then
    607 likes this.
  5. Changed the file type from .avi to .mp4 and that did the trick! Here's the video of me tearing it up at Tarmac Terror, Germany in the Audi Sport quattro on Dirt Rally ;)
    If you'd like to see me rally any other cars then quote me on this post, I have a variety of locations (Germany, Greece, Wales, Monte Carlo), a variety of cars and a variety of camera angles that I could use for you to see!
    luckycordel likes this.
  6. Nice lap! Only seen 2 corners that were a little sloppy.;)
    What was the time?
    Run a WRX, same track, with time difference between Quattro/WRX.
    Good Run!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  7. Which two? I know the corner at 3:15 was pretty bad, I got it up on the grass so it started to fishtail but I managed to save it! ;) What was the other corner? :p

I can't remember the exact time, I'm thinking that from the video, it was between 03:20 and 03:35 sort time...

I can do a Group A Subaru Impreza (old gen), it isn't as fast as all the later WRX cars but they haven't added them to the game yet, it's still early release :) I haven't used the Subaru much, I may not be able to throw it around like I did there, but we'll see what I can come up with...
    luckycordel likes this.
  8. Yes where you clipped the apex and hit the grass (nice save by the way) & at 1:13 you were a little too tail happy:oops: All and all it was a awesome run! I enjoyed watching it
    FDNY21 likes this.
  9. Luckily the car was quite forgiving so I managed to fishtail it and ride it out for the save :p As for 1:13, that's just my drifting instinct ;)

As for the Subaru Impreza video, I had it all done up and ready, but my video editor wouldn't playback and edit properly. I spent a while searching and I've finally fixed it, but I'll need to re-record a new run. I may not have time tonight, but if I don't, I'll try and remember to get straight to it tomorrow and I'll quote you again once I've got it! :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  10. I've re-recorded, hopefully all goes better this time. All saved and ready to upload, but no time to upload tonight. I'll get it up tomorrow and quote you again with the finished project and the times! :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  11. The Subaru run is uploaded!
    Open the spoiler for the times...

Audi Sport quattro (Group B): About 03:24
    Subaru Impreza (Group A): About 03:35

I expected the quattro to be a bit faster.... Not sure if you did too or not! The Subaru Impreza run was done quite a few times, the brakes are not very forgiving! :p It was enjoyable to make these videos :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  12. Wait till you try to do that IRL. <_<
  13. The game in the post right above you, DiRT Rally :)

14. Oh lol. But why the Audi Quattro? And the Subaru?
  15. What about it? :p Why not? :)
    luckycordel likes this.
  16. Nothing lol. Just curious. ( Lancer Master Race )
  17. Well, someone wanted to see the Subaru run, so I recorded that for them and then compared it to the quattro time :) Quattro of course being the winner :D Lancers are nice too, but the Impreza still takes it for me - Colin Mcrae and Richard Burns, UK champions using their Imprezas... That's got to give it the edge for me, both are nice though!
    luckycordel likes this.
  18. Very Well Done! Thanks FDNY21 for doing that for me. Yes I thought the Quattro would be alittle faster. The Subbie was closer than I thought it would be:)
    If you can drive a car like that IRL, you'll make a excellent racecar driver:D
    FDNY21 likes this.
  19. Thanks lucky! The Subaru was pretty fast for being the old gen, but being the old gen it was, the brakes weren't as kind to me ;)

I used manual gearing too, but not with clutch, for one I haven't learned how to use a clutch yet, and two the game doesn't have a clutch setting, only auto or manual sequential :p One day lucky! :rolleyes:
    luckycordel likes this.