The Car Love Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by FDNY21, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Not sure what the broken link is... Probably me mucking up inserting imagur things.

First one is 'gone' (white one) as I had just completely rebuilt everything on it, and had it running like a dream, only to be stopped at a red light and have someone plow into my backside totaling out my vehicle. After all that work, got pretty sad :(. (Well that and going to physical therapy for a few months... hit me so hard it broke my drivers seat)

I will have to snag some pictures of my DSMs :) Yes, the Lancer is great, (Evolution). I have the vehicles that came before them, the Eclipse, and Talon. Eclipse is an AWD turbo, my Talon is a FWD turbo.

Yes, all the pictures are mine. I work a ton on vehicles. Probably why I have so many. Sort of an addiction of mine. (Yes, have my own lift as well -- and yes, my car I am currently rebuilding is indeed purple!)
    607 and FDNY21 like this.
  2. That lift must have cost a lot! :p Seeing as how you do like the Lancer, is it possible that your name is actually based off of it...? I like the older Lancers, the newer ones have great performance but I'm not as big on the looks as they used to be :) I'm more of an Impreza person though (I know, can't believe it eh) :rolleyes:

I remember you talk about that white car as well and the accident, shame that all that happened, especially after all of that work :(

Not sure why this randomly popped into my head but this small story my neighbour told me - a few decades ago my neighbour worked with this guy who had this tatty old Ford Cortina, but after a few weeks he managed to get a Ford Lotus Cortina, properly decked out, great performance... In pink. Probably not the best taste in the world but anyway, they found out that the guy had been writing his name down on all of the days for going into work, even though he wasn't working all of them - so he was getting paid for days he hadn't been working and managed to scam a load of money and trade in his old Ford for this Lotus Cortina. He got found out and had some jail time or fines or something. No idea why that popped into my head but there's a little story for ya... :p
    607 likes this.

3. I couldn't decide which car to post a picture of, so I picked both! lol On the left we have my dad's car, a 2015 Lamborghini Aventador. It has around 700 horsepower and 690 ft-lb of torque. We bought the car maybe 5 months ago from our local Lamborghini dealership. Yes my dad does let me drive it, surprisingly lol. So far we've put about 1500 miles on it. Absolutely incredible car.

And on the right we have my baby. A 2015 Dodge Challenger RT that I got back in December. At the moment I have around 10500 miles on her. (I know, it's a lot for the amount of time we've owned it.) I've added a few minor modifications since we bought it and she sits at around 415 horsepower with 410 ft-lb of torque. Due to the Challenger being incredibly heavy, the 0-60 is only around 4.8-5.0 seconds. (Both cars are payed off, in case anyone asks about payments.)
    I actually have full video reviews of both cars up on my YouTube channel if you'd like to check them out.
    Lamborghini Video
    Challenger Video
    My Channel
  4. No wonder you haven't been on the Empire recently, these beasts are insane! Thanks for sharing VIT, it's always nice to read a little about people's cars, and yours are really interesting and I bet very loud too! xD Is your YouTube name just your EMC name? Feel free to share the videos on the thread! :)
    AwesomeBuilder33 and luckycordel like this.
  5. I do a load of work, so while it cost a bit, I am sure it has paid for itself multiple times over now. One of the most useful tools in my arsenal.
    I was probably around before the lancers existed ;). Lancer evolution is the performance flagship of mitsubishi. When the DSMs evolved into the evolution, they took all that tech from the eclipse and moved it over (4G63).

Subaru WRX STIs are great. Not as much performance as mine, but still more than most and a lot of fun. In fact, one day in a cold winter parking lot with fresh snow, my friends and I decided to do some donuts. I cautioned them not to do too much, however theirs was 'built' (wasnt really). After doing some extensive donuts and attempts to spin in place (Which was done beautifully) they spun a bearing. Why? While I cautioned them not to rev the engine while spinning, they forgot this warning and allowed all the oil to hug the side of the oil pan due to centripetal forces and staved the oil pump pick up (they did not have a deep well nor dry system put in). So, for 15 minutes of fun, they ruined their engine. Wish I still had vids of it all.

Yes, I still have that white car. As soon as I am done with the engine in my DD, that one goes up on the lift and gets its guts removed, and stored for the future.

So, did your neighbor get to keep the Lotus? :D

Both are beautiful! Yes, I would definitely watch a youtube vid if you got a link!
    FDNY21 likes this.
  6. AwesomeBuilder33 and FDNY21 like this.

7. 3000 more dollars and a car like this except yellow with black strips and a new paint job will be mine
    1970 Chevy Impala
    luckycordel and FDNY21 like this.
  8. Lancer Evo was definitely the performance flagship, shame they killed off the car model recently though :(

As for that story, I think the main hint is to always listen to highlancer when dealing with your car! ;)

As for the Lotus Cortina, I don't really know - my neighbour never saw the guy again because he got fired as well as what ever sentence he got :p
    Keep on saving man, if you get it then makes sure to share it with us! :D
    luckycordel likes this.
  9. Just saw this beautiful 1982 Audi quattro on eBay and I really want it :p Of course, I won't be able to afford one for years and I won't be able to insure it at a good price for many, many years either... But that doesn't stop me from looking. Feel free to take a look, it's the first quattro I've seen on eBay with the original flat front and quad lamps: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1982-AUDI...106?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2a52e241ba
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  10. I just posted this on Fendy Photography but it is very relevant to this thread! If you have some spare time and a love for classic, retro and kit cars then you'll love this video I took from Castle Combe last Saturday! Enjoy!
  11. This is one sweet Caddy!
    Took me a Min. to fig out the pic upload I'm derpy lol
    607, FDNY21 and AwesomeBuilder33 like this.
  12. I went to a friend's house today and their neighbour had one of these, a Subaru 284... Never seen one before, these things are awesome!
    607 likes this.
  13. ^^^ We here in the States call those Brats.^^^
    FDNY21 likes this.
  14. I happened to find out about the 284 from the BRAT - I remember seeing a picture of a BRAT earlier and this year and thought it was really cool so I researched it a bit! I think they're really cool but all of the 284s end up in barns or behind barns with collections of other cars here in the UK... I've only ever seen one or two clean 284s on eBay, the rest are always from a barn so they're very rusty and sometimes they've been farm workhorses so lots of dents. Nice cars but they seem a lot nicer in the US :p

I also especially like the 82 to I think 83 models which had the "Hidden Headlight", a light that was revealed under the Subaru logo like so:

I think it's so cool :D
    607 and luckycordel like this.
  15. #7000thpost! This bump is my 7,000th post on the forum, woo! :D
    luckycordel and 607 like this.