Surprise: New Frontier Spawns

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Krysyy, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Nice job "fixing" it. lol
  2. Yes, That will be up as soon as I guarantee the schematic for the Wasteland Spawns is fixed properly. We had to change a few things that I don't want to have to fix manually again...
  3. Just remember that this was a huge undertaking, so tweaking here and there is necessary.

Only those that build and implement it, will ever know the real amount of work this all takes.

BTW, great job, it looks absolutely fantastic. Will take a little time to get used to the new look, however I like this change! Kind of inline with all the town spawns being revamped and all fancy!
    607, crystaldragon13 and Trucker454 like this.
  4. Its hard to orientate in the new frontier spawn at wild e. there to many spawn ojbects and blocks. Lets see if it get better after a while. some colored blocks on the floor that tells the different direction could be a solution.
  5. hmm, yes. There used to be a North/s/e/w sign inside of the main building. Maybe we will re-add something that indicates general directions.
    ShelLuser and crystaldragon13 like this.
  6. we actually had a plan that had a red area pointing north, but it looked off so it was removed. Adding in some signs or possibly holograms won't be too much of a problem. I'll look at possible changes.
  7. Secrets!? There are secrets? :eek: must.. go.. to .. w i l d!
    ShelLuser and Stevymcstevyman like this.
  8. I've heard that "If there are secrets or not is not something we will ever be told..." Ermm... doesn't that count as a secret? (And I've been sworn to secrecy on the matter of who told me that...)
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  9. If only there were finer resolution possible in MC I'd say just toss a compass-rose into the ground... Hey that gets me thinking. Perhaps, since the buildings I've seen are round-ish. A color/material type could be selected for a section of the north facing part of the outpost. Maybe? This could be implemented in addition to signs and/or holograms.
  10. Make a new Wastelands spawn! The current one is ugly! :mad:
  11. No, I have no idea. :p I'm just speculating... so far, the Build Team has enjoyed adding secrets to their builds. :p
    crystaldragon13 likes this.
  12. That's not very nice to say. I see no large issues with the Wastelands spawns to warrant an update.
    Dwight5273, 607, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  13. Maybe have custom Waste spawns depending where is the spawn. Meaning if it is situated in a dessert biome make it dessert base, if it on a jungle make it jungle based(atleast have different beacon beam color) Although its a lot of work and i doubt it will happen, it would be nice to have a diversity

But current ones are nor bad, i must say
  14. So, ocelotawesome, you're basically saying they're no good? Imagine how much time they put into building this and you just say, "Make a new wastelands spawn, it's ugly." I'd hate to be one of those people that built it.
    607 likes this.
  15. Everyone's design tastes are different, but /sadface Wastelands Outpost is the one and only thing I've designed on EMC! :(
    Rundercaster, Dwight5273, 607 and 9 others like this.
  16. If anything, I think the waste spawn are pretty nice, compared to some other servers I've visited. /happyface:)
    cadgamer101, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  17. I don't really care if they change it. All I care about is if people make rude comments or not. Example: "Waste spawns are very ugly." That would be rude. Here's a better way to say it, "The Waste spawns are looking kinda bland, can you guys update them please." There are 2 ways to say it. (Choose the second way to say it so I don't post things like this)
    607, ShelLuser, jrm531 and 2 others like this.
  18. So far I only see one person asking that they get changed. Honestly, I like the layout. However, if they do get revamped, The Empire Quick Shop must stay. I've found it to be a very handy feature!
    607 and crystaldragon13 like this.
  19. Stevymcstevyman, talking about examples. You set a very nice and constructive one. Thanks for teaching by example. :)