{Suggestion} Town Spawn Addition

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by finch_rocks_1, Jun 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey EMC,

As a Spawn res Owner, I dont want this to go to far.. but would be nice to see a small fix to this...

The suggestion is to have the one we have right now stay as the Main one (Type /Spawn or /town and it will spawn there first before a random chance of the others). By Main i also mean, it will be the only one with the flag shop and easter eggs...

The ones to be added would be more or less the main building with the TP's to other worlds, as well as include the SMP floor TP's below.

The way i can see them being added is only 4 more new Spawns (This way there is some but not a ton), more or less 32 new spawn reses per server... (Adding more will make players who paid for spawn reses get angry!).

They can either be placed like "N, S, E, W" or "NE, NW, SE, SW".

Let me know what your thoughts are on this...

~Finch
    Tuqueque and AyanamiKun like this.
  2. I don't know, why would you want to is the question, next to this. I really only see an use for it with comunity, but the only reason a spawn res is worth somkething is becuase you spawn there, makeing more will maintain the worth in spawn res's, but only spread it out a little bit... also, where do you want to place them, since I think you can't find a distance at wich there is no residence claimed...
    607 likes this.
  3. Another player actually had a similar idea to yours on another thread earlier today, you can see it here: https://empireminecraft.com/threads...estion-conversation.72133/page-2#post-1338201

I really like the idea, however an issue it would create (as somebody said on that thread) is that moving the reses around has the high possibility of breaking up plots that people wanted next to each other. However, I really like the idea and have an alternative in 'my mind' to both of these.

Rather than trying to create more 'spawn reses' in Town, I think the idea of building a 'train' that runs around the outside of the current town is a better idea. Then, at set points along the way, there can be 'train stations' that players use to hop onto the rails to ride around town.

These train stations would then have a similar effect as town spawn: as people ride the train, they see not only the reses at the train station stops, but also the reses along the way to each train station. However, the value of spawn reses are maintained: you still spawn there first, and they are still the first thing you see. But for players who want to explore more of town, these train stations could show them a bit more.

Each station could also have teleports to take players to even more possible reses: perhaps a teleport that switches to a random residence (with move flags on) every set amount of time, so a group of players could all go to the same res and explore it, or just a single player. Could also add teleports to take players to random /shop - /mall - /store reses, and perhaps teleports to the Empire reses located on every town server. Where as the Town Spawn is used for teleports to different severs, and is the 'hub' for the whole Empire, these train stations could be seen as 'hubs' for each individual town.

Note: These are my personal ideas/opinions - I have not discussed these ideas with any other staff and they should not be seen as an 'official staff statement.' These are my personal observations and ideas as a player, based on ideas I have seen mentioned here on the forums by other players.
    607, ShelLuser, PetezzaDawg and 2 others like this.
  4. I feel like this would decrees the value of such a res. I mean not everyone will have some protection so there will be some sort of turn around on these consistent enough to lower the value.
    Also these new spawns would take up space and to set them evenly around the map could seriously jeopardize breaking up someones plots. This is a -infinity for me... I also don't want more residences added either as I'm a corner res and a corner res I wanna stay.

That was me and I'm still concerned....

As a corner res I like the open view but At the moment wouldn't mind the rail system but I'm not really wanting to see some station outside my window.
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  5. I'm not much in favor of more spawns because... well, each to their own but I never really shared the admiration for spawn residences in the first place. I can see how they are special and all, it's just that I sometimes also think things get a bit over hyped as well.

Having that said I do like the idea of some "hubs". From a players perspective it makes somewhat sense. I know you can teleport to any residence you want, but sometimes it's much more fun to walk and look around. The town world is way too big to easily cross from one end to another, so having a kind of "hub" (outpost'ish build) sounds fun enough.

As to where to place those...

Look... Let's not kid ourselves: there are plenty of residences of which the owner is (unfortunately) derelict right now. And not just on smp2, smp4, smp8 and smp3. All the others count too (I actually enjoy walking around towns from time to time, just like I really enjoy the /v random command). So why wouldn't it be possible for staff to claim a few specifically placed (existing but derelict) residences and transform those into some kind of hub?

May take a little planning, but it should be doable.

And I don't think anyone would mind if they suddenly got an official Empire building as their new neighbor. Especially if it would replace an already existing residence.
    AncientTower and 607 like this.
  6. We've discussed this in the past within the staff team and it is not something we will be doing. The reasons:

1) Upset economy of spawn residences
    2) Physical location of the spawns/moving players is NOT going to happen
    3) Numbering system in database being out of sync
    4) Not being really needed for functionality
    5) More to change when update occurs/new flags in shop, etc (none of that is automated and cannot be within town)

Suggestion denied.
    Jelle68, 607, JDHallows and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.