[Suggestion] The End

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by skyrimed, Feb 24, 2016.

1. I am fully aware of the endertopia. It is available to gold and diamond supporters. I still don't understand about the end not being open to public. Anyone can go through a vanilla portal.

There are... uh... other things. Can't think of any right now.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. Speaking of teleporting to the End...

Does /v endertopia (only usable on Utopia for supporters (gold and up)) ring any bells? :D

Its not as if the concept doesn't exist on EMC at all.

Edit: Ninja'd by StoneSky
    607 and StoneSky like this.
  3. Side Note: Last week I actually found all the ends 1-utopia (took about 3 hours of total play time); It was a combination of asking people in town chat if they would show me, and good ol fashioned tossing ender eyes until I found the ones someone couldn't show me.

*edit - Technically I used /v endertopia for the utopia end. I actually ender eyed from /wild c which is where MOST of the portals are located (nearest). However, when I got to the location where the eyes led, there was nothing there...
    Pab10S and ShelLuser like this.
  4. You and me both
    Eviltoade likes this.
  5. ok basically just read what shelLuser said he got it down!
  6. Wasn't using Eyes of Ender in the Frontier broken when we added the Waste worlds? This linked thread is almost two years old and I don't recall seeing that it was fixed since then:
    http://empireminecraft.com/threads/do-eyes-of-ender-not-work-anymore.36879/

Asking in Town doesn't seem any more vanilla than going through a portal especially when it would be sitting next to one going to the Nether. How many of us are opposed to doing something more consistent because they are protecting a farm in the End? How many of us already know where a portal is and how many would tell a normal player(not a Moderator) the location if they asked? Having an economy means more players are going to be interested in the End soon. How many of us might withhold the location out of a sense of competition?

What I find worrisome is the possibility that a player may not be able to go there because they don't know the right people, don't play at the right time of day, or have the knowledge/patience to figure it out on their own. The older players I am not too worried about, but a lot of our players are very young or not very knowledgeable about Minecraft. Setting ourselves up so that only an elite minority can go there doesn't seem very family friendly.

We can't really reset the End because of the farms there and I suspect that resistance to the idea is coming from both players with interests there as well as from Staff who know they will need to police the area.

What maybe could be done is to generate some terrain in an area far away from the main island and let us go there to collect resources through portals that are linked to Outposts. The landing zone could be protected like other Outposts so people don't mine it like they have before on the main island. This would route traffic away from the main island and the farms as well as allow the area to be reset periodically for resource collection.

Resetting the new areas would keep them from being like this permanently:

This doesn't look nearly as bad as it does in person. All the Obsidian is gone, there are huge holes from people mining everywhere, and is decorated by plenty of the ever present Dirt pillars. Once it get more popular this area is going to get worse if left as is.
  7. I think EMC should make some changes for the End in 1.9:

1. Add a Waste End with normal Waste type teleports for each direction. There is no other solution for this unless you want the frontier End ravaged further.

2. Add the ability to go to a coordinate relative End location from an established outpost (like a nether portal) in the frontier. This gives established outposts the ability to use the end as an extension of their outpost and have a full end experience on a regular basis. If in 1.9 we force everyone to go through the same old end drop point, there won't be any usable end areas anywhere near the drop and it would be a very painful experience to make the trek out to something interesting.

3. Add a reasonable /shop or crafting method for obtaining the new wings, there is no way even a 3 month reset on a waste end could keep up with the demand for wings and it would just force people to rush and loot every single end city possible, thus ruining the area for normal use.
  8. I especially like this idea. It could spread people out and still be an end game experience if we are forced to collect the ingredients to craft some sort of portal. If the ingredients were unique to each player, we could maybe move them without creating portals all over the place. It could also be something an Established Outpost pays for which would force people to double up instead of creating separate ones.
    kevmeup likes this.
  9. I just noticed the small lines of text mixed in the Waste reset updates that say we're getting 1.9 on Monday or Tuesday? I can't believe they are pushing it out before land protection or outposts, it's such a big change and requires a fair amount of work to make SMP/EMC compatible, especially the End and wings issue. Expect irreparable End Damage to start on Tuesday... Being on SMP4, where there is no quartz anywhere in the frontier nether since it was fully explored/looted pre 1.7, I've seen firsthand what happens when there is forts or cities with rare items and no easy alternatives to get them.
    gladranger7 likes this.
  10. What could I say? I'm new and not rich but I wanna try some wings! they will be selling in the millions for years! this is awesome!
  11. I'd much rather it be a mob drop, such as the Marlix or something,
    ShelLuser and LtCaptainMe like this.
  12. hahahaha that would be awesome.
    *kills marlex, for xp, walks over to get fragments, picks up elytra, dies by guardian and loses them*
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. Yes, frontier ender eye things have been broken for years.
  14. Baaa....

My sheep tell me that a new 'soulbound' - non tradeable item that can only be recovered from the secret chest located under the waste end portal that provides access to the new e-waste is a good alternate idea.
  15. I would like to see an entire end reset, I think the people who have built the farms would understand, since they may get broken with the upgrade anyway and it would give us an opportunity to put some new ones up. Some of the farms were made by people who are no longer active and don't perform maintenance anyway, with all the new stuff coming with this update I want a fresh clean End!
  16. Well I like the idea, the only problem is that it's to lame to just type a code and get to the end. There will also be a problem with the special new stuff in the end like the elitra, one person will grab it and boom, gone is the elitra for months until the end resets. well this is all I will say. oh wait ps, 1.9.0 is coming out TODAY!!!