[Suggestion] The End World Frontier Suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CaptainFoxy_, Apr 28, 2021.

1. Time for Silk's brain burp

2. It is not reasonable. The Waste was invented in 2012 out of necessity for the Frontier was trashed and past saving - that is the history.

Resetting the Frontier End is the direction that we are headed for, unless something changes. Which is exactly what Conductor is asking "how do we fix this?"
    Sefl likes this.

3. What about creating an End Wastle accessed via the Wastelands?

it would create a chalange for players to find it.

It would create a purpose for Eye of Ender's again.
  4. is already there, but it gets emptied very fast considering that is only 8000x8000 and is mostly void. see here
    Grimm_Pantalones and 607 like this.
  5. Ah I see, so additional suggestions

1. Make it bigger
    Down side it will require additional host server resources

2. Update it more often
    Down side, if it can be automated none,
    Otherwise its an additional work load for staff
    Also it would reduce the price of shulkers due to the additional availability

Depending on the complexity of the programming involved, if the End detected a new player ID then perhaps it could automaticly regenerate an end city. Giving that player an opportunity to find it and making a fare system of opportunity, if that makes sence. Again requires staff intervention initially.
    607 likes this.
  6. But the Wastelands weren't accessible until mid 2013, that seems a significant part of the history too. :p The Frontier was also still the Wilderness in 2012 and early 2013.
    UltiPig likes this.
  7. So I had just recently started a thread without realizing this was here....

But basically here is my take (And I'll admit I use frontier ends for busting because in almost 1 yr of playing I've only seen 1 end reset. After that in about 4-5hrs I depleted basically a whole SMP End Waste. The one frontier I use (and not too many others) I still have to go out 10s of 1000s from the Island portals, even when I take notes of which directions I've been in. I've been out 40-60k in some directions, and it sucks. (Also at that point you never fly back, you HAVE TO use an echest, dump your stuff in the echest shulks and void jump).

Solution: Extend the End Waste(s) out to something like 100k in all directions, consider shrinking frontier end so it only goes 10k from the portal ring in the end islands. Idk if Ancient's or others have builds farther than 10k from the island portals but I'm betting not too much further.
    Part 1: This will provide a 2-fold solution. Shrinking the size of the Frontier End(s) that is probably taking up a lot of space, but aren't really being used by many, other than as a secondary place to get shulks/elytra.
    Part 1a: When shrinking the frontiers SS or whoever would be responsible would just need use a world edit tool to assess chunks that have > X blocks placed by players (say 1000) to ID the rare player end base. Just making sure something like a 20k limit out from islands wouldn't destroy player structures.

Part 2: The End Waste 'cycling'. Being large (even if they'd be 50k in all directs), they'd still want to be reset often for space/performance, and repopulating shulk/elytra sources. Set a hard cycle of something like every other month or quarterly. It won't destroy prices for these loots, as demand is high and it still requires a lot of manual effort to raid cities, so there isn't a concern here.

Again, in my relatively short time on EMC I've seen issues related to this: a single person can basically raid a whole end waste in like 3-4hrs if they're efficient; then that doesn't get reset for quite some time. So End frontiers are the de facto places for many to raid for end city goodies, but the distances to travel to find unraided cities (since they don't get reset or repopulated) is starting to get pretty crazy. Like far enough out that you're smart to bring 2-3 elytra or a shulk of XP btls for needed mending since you don't always get enough from killing shulks.
  8. It really wouldn't be a big issue if you did it like I've seen a couple YT server admin's do. Can't remember the tool but it permits chunk regions (I think it is like 8x8chunk groups) to be reset manually, including click/trade to select large areas. But the app also allows you to see if structures are there and you can filter for blocks.

What you do is keep the main island intact because you need to have the portals function, I don't even think you could manually remap the island portals. Consequently you'll need the immediate chunks around at least the first ring of outer land portals intact; otherwise when ppl portal from main island they'll get tossed randomly into the void.
    Wipe everything else that isn't one of the 10 player bases and boom problem solved from that approach.

My point is it won't solve the issue, which is that Waste End needs expanding and Frontier end should be the one with a small world radius.
    KatydidBuild likes this.