[Suggestion] T to Talk

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by Mystul, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Do you use J for jump? Jump starts with J. :p
    607 likes this.
  2. :D ok, you got me... :D
  3. I hope people know that "T is for Talk" in Minecraft... Sort of common knowledge, eh?
  4. I think a better idea would be for Mojang to implement something similar to the "Press B to open your inventory" when you first load a world. (Yes, I use B for my inventory... and no, I don't know why.)

When a player joins a multiplayer server for the first time, it'll say "Press T to open chat" or whatever key the player has chat bound to.
    607 likes this.
  5. I once found a person running in town that didnt know how to chat so i needed to ask yes/no questions to him and he would nod
    607 and BlinkyBinky like this.
  6. What game do you play that uses ENTER to chat? I've never played one of those.

Am I the only one that uses / and then just backspaces?
  7. Why didn't you tell him to try press T. T is standard so it should have worked out?
    607 likes this.
  8. Apart from what has been said I do agree that the tutorial could use some explanation about chatting. Not so much the required keys to chat, but the different channels and what they mean. At least the difference between Town and Local and how town is only accessible from within town.

Here's what I've been spotting a few times: Player finishes the tutorial and instead of entering town he enters the Frontier. He wanders around a bit and all of a sudden wants to go back but then discovers that the teleport commands don't work. Worse yet: he also can't easily ask for help. He can chat, sorta, but no one answers him. So the player leaves.

I know this is a thing because I've been (trying to) keeping an eye out for players who end up in the Frontier and msg'd them after a few minutes to tell them that they needed to go back to the outpost to go back to town. Sometimes an awkward situation because in some cases the player didn't even know how to answer me. Chatting is an important part of the Empire yet not explained in the tutorial (to my knowledge, I'm not aware of any changes). Leaving some players sometimes helpless and ready to leave.
  9. When I first joined a multiplayer server (EMC was my first), I did not know how to chat and was confused.
  10. I type with two fingers. :p
  11. well... the intent here was Press you 'CHAT' key to talk.... I don't care if it's 'T or not :)
  12. Update: I use my pointer finger, after removing my left hand from the WASD keys to reach over and hit I for inventory. Maybe I did it because I kept opening my inv when I didn't need to....
  13. You are the first one I have met who also uses I for Inventory! I love you now, you are my favorite person here now :D
  14. I still use the wasd keys, but i use "o" for pick block, "b" for right click, and "c" for left click. I also use "k" for sprint. This is because I think control is awkward, and i rarely use mouses.
  15. I use the number 0 to chat, 4567 are my directional keys, 8 is jump, and 3 is my inventory
    I don't actually :p But my "Chat" key press is forward slash. For years before that, I still used forward slash, but always had to delete the command /
  16. lol that might not be true, I also use I as inventory :) and I use E for sprint, and R for pick block :p
  17. Can I be normal like them too?......Can I?.......Can I? :D
  18. I stick to normal default control except for R. R is my sprint.
  19. Funny you should mention that. I didn't know minecraft very well when I joined EMC, and it was my first multiplayer server. Somehow, my children hid the chat box, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it for 3 days. I did have some interesting conversations with people using signs and books. I actually had to contact minecraft tech support to figure out that the chat log was shrunk down to the point it was invisible. So thanks to everyone who didn't pour lava on me out of frustration :p
    607 likes this.
  20. Tom... I love you too now! :D
    TomvanWijnen likes this.