[Suggestion]Senior staff giving you the Ability to work on your own Road Edits

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by CaptainFoxy_, Jul 20, 2015.

?

Do you think this is a good idea?

Yes 9 vote(s) 40.9%
Yes... With more rules 3 vote(s) 13.6%
No 7 vote(s) 31.8%
It's a cool idea, But I'll stick with world edits 3 vote(s) 13.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My Text is in red.
    Edit:
    You suggested to permanently owning the road. The other one was suggesting to commingle the whole residence together with the road. This idea was meant for giving you permissions for a set time period for you to edit, not owning them.
  2. On the far end, it is way harder, and takes so much longer than the old one. Also there is way more issues that could happen so, I think i stand with staff with this.......

3. I also don't like the idea but that's only because of semantics. Right now getting the help of Senior Staff to change the road is special. It's not commonly done, you have to take effort (and pay some rupees) and that combined makes the whole thing, well, special. So even if this were easily possible I still wouldn't like it because it affects gameplay by reducing difficulty. In my opinion of course.

Now, enough negativity...

I understand your concerns though; when it comes to making more complex builds it can be a valid concern if the senior staff member picked up what you intended and made things work as you wanted them. However, there's also an easy solution. BUT... Keep one thing in mind: to my knowledge WorldEdit is a thing here and that's what I'm basing this comment on. Obviously I cannot be 100% sure.

Why not build the required changes yourself somewhere? After you've done that you could send Senior Staff the coordinates after which they should be able to copy/paste your construction right into the right spot. Problem solved (I think) :)
    607 likes this.
  4. But why couldn't the residence been set after a player actually wants to make a road edit? That we won't have to unneccessarily turn all roads into residences.
    f_Builder_s and clan23 like this.
  5. I want to confirm that this will not be happening. Only change in this decision would result from new factors brought on by the possibility of a new town world in the non-immediate future; the implications of which can not be foreseen by this decision.
    I did seriously consider adding something similar to this decision - http://track.emc.gs/issue/EMC-553
    But, after lots of thought; there was not a clean way I could justify writing code to handle this issue. My primary idea on how it would have been done, is expanding the residence (by adding more areas), out 2 blocks at a cost - such that it would reset and removed when the residence is unclaimed.
    One major issue is the existence of double roads without any regular pattern. Overall, it is just not right for our town setup.
    There is always the possibility that the extra feature of building 2 out of your residence could be adjusted to different amounts above/below the road. This does not need suggested (I believe it has been before), but careful consideration needs considered before such a change is made.
    ShelLuser, clan23, PenguinDJ and 2 others like this.
  6. I tripped over this thread and found it intriguing. I'm not sure if its practical, but how about a road flag? Just pay an automated fee when you have res's with a road inbetween and get access to road except to the few blocks that are essential to being passable. Or would this flag have to be created by making roads res's? I don't have much of coding background nor how town's structure works. It just does work lol. Just a thought.
  7. Should be answered there.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. Something not mentioned here is that if "road res's" were made, then players wouldn't be able to build slightly outside their residences at y 128+. The road residences would extend infinitely up and down, which would stop people from being able to build. Even if it were easy to make the road residences, this issue would likely be way too much work to deal with.
    ShelLuser likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.