[SUGGESTION] /note

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by ElfinCarrot, Aug 15, 2016.

1. A book and quill takes up space in your inventory

Also using real life paper:
    • It requires you to have space to place said paper for quick access, which hinders laptop users
    • It requires you to divert your eyes from the screen, which is an issue in a place like the wild where there are mobs
    • It takes up space on your desk, which hinders desktop users
    • Correct me if I am wrong, but the fan you are using to survive the 90 degree weather outside won't blow away your entire computer
    • Most people type faster than they write
    607, Blondekid42 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Sticky Notes on computer?
  3. I just carry a written book around with me. :) But not a bad idea.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. Pffft, good ideas.
    I laugh at your good ideas.
    HA. HAHA. HAHAHAHAHA.
    Seriously doe I would if I had the patience
    Thus /note
  5. +1 would be super nice if it had been a thing back before I forgot where my iron farm was
  6. I love this idea:

Be able to save like 10 notes, as long as whatever the limit for normal chat messages is.

/note view: to list them all in order and in their entirety.

/note delete #: to delete a particular note.

That's really all you need. Maybe allow one to name notes something short or view a single note.
    607, Blondekid42 and bitemenow15 like this.
  7. -1 from me, because:

• Sticky Notes is a good alternative
    • You'll need to type a command (if you're not using macro's) so no quick access.
    • There are far more important features that need priority (Empires, Dragon Tombs, 1.10 etc.)
    CM_Inc likes this.
  8. +1

Simple(ish) to add, and very useful. Good QOL change.
  9. +1, I like this idea, sometimes I /do/ need to note something, and now I'll either forget, or put it on my phone, and probably still forgot :p This would give me a nice, organised place to store sone notes. :)

Nope, I never have paper on my desk, and I personally don't like to "waste" paper on something like this, and for me it'd get way too messy and stuff, and make my desk a mess again :p
    607 likes this.
  10. 1.) Fair point, but sticky notes can get lost over years. This would be permanent for as long as EMC is a minecraft server.

2.) How big of an emergency would you need to be in for accessing a note to be a time-centered issue? Wouldn't finding a sticky note pose the same problem?

3.) Never, ever a valid response to a suggestion, unless expressly stated by the owners/developers. We wouldn't have a suggestion box if large updates took priority over every suggestion.
    __Khepri__, 607, TomvanWijnen and 5 others like this.
  11. +1 cuz Notez!
  12. I'm a little indifferent myself. The only times I could really use this is if I'm mining and somehow spawn a Momentus. But that's already covered a bit through standard EMC commands. When that happens I usually hit /loc, followed by F2 and the location where Momie could be hiding is then 'secured' (oh. optionally I also do /map hide if I'm a little greedy ;))

I suppose a /note could help to remind me about said Momie ;)

+1