(suggestion) Buildmode Notification

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by KatydidBuild, Sep 25, 2019.

1. When using Buildmode, there is a warning which pops up every couple of minutes and disappears. Quite often, I switch smps or go back to Town and the Bmode gets turned off automatically.
    But then when I go back to the Frontier, i forget to turn it back on. I blame this partly because the Bmode message comes and goes. And obviously the other part is that I forget I need to turn it on :)

Could the Buildmode Message just stay on? As a means of reassuring the player that it is indeed on and working.
  2. I did not know that this was an issue, but +1.

I'd even go a step further and ask for a feature, Global Buildmode messages.

If on a different SMP, you get the buildmode message for any blocks, regardless of SMP they are on, that someone is messing with them. It would say something like "On SMP#, at X,Y,Z in the <location>, <player> is trying to mess with your blocks you placed", or something similar to that.

Global messages would be cool, but I agree with Katy that the smaller things should be addressed, such as the message being "disabled" for some reason... :\
  3. +10000000

I am paranoid in that if I haven't seen the message recently I worry it has been turned off (see: network issuing and frequent disconnecting) and try to mess with it. Build mode is kinda a pain to remember to turn on/off.
  4. +1
    It gets very annoying when coming back online, and forgetting that bmode isn't on
  5. Okay, I am not saying I don't agree with the sentiment, as I wish there were actually a /ps setting one could simply toggle and it be set as if it were a difficulty setting, but I do understand the staff's view on this. That being said, I saw this before going to work, and knew there had been a similar thread, but did not have time to research it. Now after returning home, I have had a few moments to look into this and did find this thread by bitemenow15 . I believe it covers a lot of your concerns and would recommend a review, so that your suggestion can be better formulated to mitigate the issues at hand while hopefully keeping a balance with known no-go areas of this topic. Here is another thread along the same idea by MrCDub , and yet another one by Hassan_Amr

I was working on a wall Sunday in the Frontier, and even though I did not lay that many stacks of blocks, I did happen to remember that I had logged off to watch a show and returned and placed a good bit that I now need to go remove and replace....Heh.

I also think it would be cool if they would just give us a wand similar to the Magical Eggcellent Wand that would work similar to the axe in World Edit that we could simply click a start block and a finish block and toggle it to protected as long as all blocks in selected section were placed by wand user or maybe the opposite if you want to un-protect something for some strange reason. But even better yet, have it where the wand can check who placed a given block, or notify you that there are some non-wand user blocks in a selection.

Well, I suppose that is my 2r on this subject for now...until another idea comes along.

Have a great day, and hope something cool comes out of this.

KnightZer0ne
    Tempered Outpost Founder
  6. The fact that there are other threads with this same request is amazing to me. It is indeed a desired suggestion.
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/suggestion-buildmode-alterations.76128/

I looked up the previous thread. It was written when I was not very active, yet. Only been on here for 1 year :p

But that thread was archived... doesn't look like it got any staff attention. And it has the same basic suggestion running through it. The message is already pretty much out of the way on the screen and doesn't interfere with building. If you need to see your build without having the hunger bar or inventory in the way, use just press f1 for a clean view of the screen. So, there is no reason not to do it!

Make the BuildMode Enabled message stay on the screen and not pop on and off again.

So, let's make this a thing!
  7. Please please please make this change

(does puppy dog eyes)
    KatydidBuild and Skiddylicense04 like this.
  8. Next Suggestion:
    add please, please 'puppy dog eyes' to smilies!
    Skiddylicense04 likes this.