Buildmode Check

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Hassan_Amr, May 29, 2018.

?

Would you like this feature?

Yes 4 vote(s) 66.7%
No 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Yes, but in a different way 2 vote(s) 33.3%
  1. When working on a project I sometimes forget to turn on build mode. I've seen suggestions for a persistent build mode based on time, etc. I think there should be a way to check what blocks you placed in build mode. Maybe they get highlighted or something.

Thanks for reading.
    IM4, Lianail, ChumMiner and 3 others like this.
  2. might be difficult to implement a graphical display of "which blocks have I placed in buildmode" - but I like this idea! so many times I've been working on a multi-day project only to realize I didn't have buildmode engaged for an unknown amount of time. there are SS services to make up for this in some circumstances, but it'd be nice to be able to just find and fix my own blunders :p
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. Thanks for telling me about this. Having a way to check if a block is protected or not is good, but going through every block one by one isn't really convenient. However, my suggestion of having the blocks highlighted will be hard to see especially on a 3d plane, so maybe your suggestion is better.
    Tuqueque likes this.

4. You could highlight the blocks like this. Protected blocks would be green and non-protected blocks would be some other color or preferably nothing as it would improve performance.
  5. Yes. Exactly this. +1
    Sydney_43 and Tuqueque like this.
  6. I really don't understand why we can't just use the command like what we use for subzones and actually select an area that we wish to protect.
  7. YAAAS +1
  8. This is what I was thinking. I am just wondering how much is this going to affect performance, and how should it work behind blocks? Should you be able to see everything or only blocks visible to you?
  9. Sounds sweet, maybe something like this could be in the Empires update.
    ConductorConduit likes this.