[SUGGESTION] Block info in the wild

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by Abillities, Jan 16, 2018.

?

Do you like this idea?

Yes. That will solve a lot of problems 11 vote(s) 100.0%
No. If this idea will come true, My friend will find out I griefed him. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
  1. We all know when a block is placed by player the block is protected (if it is valuable). We also know the only way to find out how own the block is by breaking it (if it is protected). But if the owner is online he might get angry and think you tried to steal it or something. And if it isn't protected you will just break it. I suggest that by punching the block in wild or town with a invaluable
    item will give all the info about the block (just like punching res with a string in town to get info about it). Who owns it, who placed it (in case it was placed in a res in town and the block placer is not the res owner), if it is protected or not, etc. (I thought about Ink Sack)
    Pab10S and ThaKloned like this.
  2. I will give this a +1 too. then you can find out more about that player as well including activity.
  3. Great idea. Maybe string or a stick can be used. +1
  4. I like this idea +1
  5. Definitely a +1 from me. It's the main problem with builds: did I protect this block or not? Sometimes I simply call out a friend to break the block for me and if I get an error I know it was protected, if not then I know that I'll need to re-place several blocks again. But that option isn't always available.

Maybe they could make this option available to the Empire assistant. A difference between right click (open up the interface) and shift-right click (identify a block).
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. +1 this happens to me fairly often to me at the OP I'm part of..

I want to know who is working on a project but can't find out unless I attempt to break their block, and if I have block break for them, than I'll never know! This is mostly just because I'm nosey though lol. But still a +1 from me.
  7. I suggested this also a while back, but there is no way as the protected blocks have the same id, and no way to show colour outlines or anything.
  8. but staff can see which blocks are protected and not protected so there already is a way no?
    fBuilderS likes this.
  9. staff cant, you have to tell them what you cant break.
  10. Staff are able to check if a block is protected.
  11. Where are you getting this information? I'm pretty sure staff can check if a block is protected.

Edit: ty Jack
  12. I was told by staff they can't see and I needed to show them.
  13. Well I think this confirms it
  14. Thanks for your support.
  15. (My first) Bump!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  16. Bump!
    Tuqueque likes this.