[Suggestion] Audible sound when vote goes through

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by triphora, May 31, 2020.

1. We both have the exact same reasoning: we don't want to have to check in-game each time. However, if you get a ping at the same time as your vote, you can reasonably assume that it was a vote, not a PM. However I see your point, and agree that it should be able to be turned off.
    Two issues with this: 1 is that some people don't know that the rupee log even exists, and that 2 not everyone's rupee history is exactly... clean. I had a page and a half between my vote yesterday and my vote today, but in the past that has fluctuated from only 1 transaction total to over 6 pages. It's not really possible to track that without going through multiple pages at a time.
    I've highlighted the important part. This is the whole premise behind it; if you vote, and it goes through successfully, no need to check in-game if it's actually gone through. However, if you vote, and it doesn't go through, you don't get a ping, in which case you could try again. Because of how fast global chat goes now, it's very easy to lose a vote in the chat, and so even if I did lose a vote I wouldn't be able to tell.
    HazardousCode and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  2. I would go 1 step further than what Impulsive_Egg and TomVanWijnen are saying, with this change:
    It's a win-win idea in terms of the sound. :)
  3. In an ideal world, that would be the case, but unfortunately some votes already come in a bit later, so it can still be confusing. That is why I propose a different sound (and the option to turn it off). :)

Issue 1 is obviously a bit harder to solve, but issue 2 is simple: use your token log (or /tlog ingame), which is much cleaner. :)

Or even better, use this handy dandy site: http://baefell.co/emc/lookup/wafflecoffee
    That is what I use when I want to check if my votes have all come through. :)
    wafflecoffee and 607 like this.
  4. If you think you've highlighted the important part, you misinterpreted it. :p (see the rest of the sentence) But "you could try again"? Really? I was certain that you could only vote once a date on each site. Or do you mean that the page didn't load or something? Then you just see that in your browser, right? :p
    Although for all I know there could indeed be an issue of votes not going through for some reason, and being able to do them anyway, and I wouldn't know because I am very rarely in-game while I vote. :p
    Anyway, I will try to remember to check if you can turn the notification off as it is now.
  5. In my experience whenever a vote doesn't go through *cough* TopG *cough* I just try again and it seems to work :p
    It seems to be incredibly random if it does/doesn't work :p
    HazardousCode and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  6. Nowadays, if TopG (BottomG, because they suck) show the green confirmation, it has worked. If they don't show that green confirmation, it hasn't worked, because in their opinion, you were too slow. An error to actually tell people that hasn't come up in their tiny brains yet...
    HazardousCode and wafflecoffee like this.