[Suggestion] Audible sound when vote goes through

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by triphora, May 31, 2020.

1. Hello all!
    What I'm suggesting is quite a simple addition: a sound (similar to that given when one of your chat alerts is mentioned) when a vote goes through for you. Having to go back to the screen every time that you vote to make sure a vote goes through (and not have it be lost in the sea of other chat messages) is a bit inconvenient, so I think it's be nice if we had a sound made when a vote of yours went through.

I'm thinking the sound would be the same as your chat alert sound, controlled via the "chatalerts", "chatalertpitch", and "chatalertsound" player settings.
    Thoughts? :)
  2. I like the idea. +0.5
    Joy_the_Miner and wafflecoffee like this.
  3. Definitely in favor of this one! I don't vote that much these days but whenever I did it was always a question if things got through.

As long as the vote reminders don't get any audible feedback ;)
  4. I see no reason why not, and it would be good to have another method of confirmation.
  5. Makes good communication between the player and the game for a confirmation. I love it. I hope to see this in-game some day. :)
    wafflecoffee and Stnywitness like this.
  6. +1

Absolutely. Especially with some of the sites being extremely finicky these days.
  7. That brings us to the sponsor of this thread,
    This chat was made possible by audible. Audible is the leading provider of audio books. They have over 180,000 of audio books to choose from. Visit www.audible.com for one free audio book! This is the best place for audio books and I cannot recommend it enough.

I don’t really vote anymore, but when I did I def sometimes missed a vote because i hadn’t realized it didn’t go through so I imagine it would be super useful to have this feature implemented! That’s a +1 from me
  8. +1. Neat and useful idea.
  9. I should have been more clear on my original post:

+1. I would love to see this become a reality. Please devs? :)
    wafflecoffee likes this.
  10. -1. It seems to be to be really annoying to get "a PM" whenever you vote. I don't want to check ingame to see if it was the vote or was an actual PM every single time I vote while I'm online, that would get old really fast.

If the sound could be changed to be something different from the PM sound, and could be turned off, then +0. I don't see the use in it myself (and would turn it off), but for others this might have a use.
    607 likes this.
  11. I don't get this. Why do you have to check if votes come through? You can only vote once a day on each site anyway, and you could always periodically check the rupee history to see if any sites are having issues.
    I already find the in-game vote notifications quite annoying "You just voted on [some server site]". Yeah, duh. :p It would only actually give any information, to me, if I hadn't actually voted, and thus someone else voted in my name (fortunately that's never happened to me, unless I asked for it).
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  12. +1
    but with what TomvanWijnen said, I think the sound should be something different, like the ding that happens when you hit a player with an arrow in pvp