[suggestion] Abolish Vault Fees

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 72Volt, Jul 18, 2013.

1. You have good ones...but this and lava walls....we all have our faults. :p
    mba2012, PandasEatRamen and 72Volt like this.
  2. Honestly, the 10r vault fee has been in place for a very long time, for a matter of reasons.
    Volt, the idea isn't bad, but we're not going to be changing the vault up any time soon. We already did that with adding more pages.
    When you reach 5 pages, you no longer have to pay the vault fee of 10r.

Also, just a little.. Hint.. Vouchers may be more obtainable soon. ;)
  3. No...you can open vault 110+ times a day.....
    Just vote! :D
    mba2012 and Lukas3226 like this.
  4. I must have misread that, because for a moment I thought you were insulting the gloriousness of lava walls.
    You are aware I graduated top of my lava wall in SMP5, and I've been involved in numerous secret raids on SMP5's wild, and I have over 300 confirmed lava walls....yes? _____________
  5. 1) ...
    2) it's very useful because not only do I have enough room for auctions, I do not need to pay the annoying fee. I think it is annoying to pay, but there is a reason for it.
    3) Not really. A non supporter has every right to make their own mega mall. There is no stopping that. I am a diamond supporter not for the perks, but, to support this server. I am not very rich, I have less than 60k. But, I have to give my own money to other people, who almost instantly say afterwards, "well you are a diamond supporter, you can afford that", but truth be told, I can't. I am way too generous, but, when people beg, I be very nice, yet, all the time I get a very rude response. If you don't want to support, because you can't afford it, or you just want the perks, I really don't need to know that, nor is it my fault.
    4) At least you don't have people begging for money all the time.
  6. You gotta pay to mine on Utopia

Oh and the vault fees are made I think so people don't use it as a storage chest.
  7. you have to pay to mine on utopia? seriously? your lucky non supporters can even go into town here. Or else everyone would come here for no hunger, fall damage and everlasting day. Obviously you cant let everyone use it or else it would take away from the pros of being a supporter.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  8. Diamond supporters can fly :D
    kritacul likes this.
  9. In all honesty I think there should be a fee but the max I think it should be as 2500 per page. 10000 is way too much
  10. And of course a flame war is about to start about supporters...
    mba2012, PenguinDJ and xI_LIKE_A_PIGx like this.
  11. Was not starting a war. I was just saying that you have to pay to mine on Utopia. No need to be mean.
  12. Not really but it sure is annoying.

IMO inventories should be the same throughout all servers.
  13. its not hard to make 10k in a week, even without supporter, 4 weeks later you have free vault access.
    note: i only have 3 vault pages atm cause 10r isnt that big of a deal unless you have a multiple dc auction will be getting the other two soon
  14. That could lead to problems with mining and the wild, what's to stop you going out to mine on a server you never play on, then changing back to your main server after for easy resource movement?
    PenguinDJ and brickstrike like this.
  15. no, just no
    reasoning: i do different things on different servers some of which my inventory remains full
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  16. I see the point you are trying to make, but you are overlooking some vital data points. We are more like real-life than you think (except for the getting free rupees everyday of course).

Trade is never free. To see this more clearly, consider each server a separate city. (yes, these are all Texas cities)

Smp1: Dallas
    Smp2: Austin
    Smp5: College Station
    Smp9: Houston

If I want to send a pallet of wood or couple of doors to Houston from Dallas, it is gonna cost me a shipping charge, is it not? Consider the vault fees your shipping charge. We could make it dependent on the item shipped like irl, but that seems rather confusing. Instead, we use a flat rate system.

And your note about free labor:
    As it is in the real world, we have the ability to drive from Austin to College Station (about 120 miles) to work everyday, but it is bothersome and most people do not enjoy it much. The more realistic choice is to relocate closer to work, thus invoking a relocation fee (purchasing a new house, etc) much like relocating servers in the Empire and building a new residence.

A side not about the economic autarky you claim is in effect:
    Even if we had a free vault system, people are simply unwilling to do more work than they absolutely have to. The simple task of opening the vault, loading it, then crossing servers, and emptying it on the other side takes time and many players don't like to take the time to complete this task, regardless of its price.

Each server, like each city, has it's own economy. It's a fact and it's never going to change due to the community's willingness to pay for the convenience. It is the fundamentals of every economic system. You can take a pallet of wood and it costs $100, make a bed out of it and it costs $400. Without the mark-up of goods based on convenience to obtain, the economy crashes. If we were to make a 1r fee on every shop transaction as you suggest, then it is no longer a convenience fee and merely becomes a sales tax...In reality, by invoking the convenience (vault) fee, we are supporting the very economy that you are fighting so hard to protect.

Which side are you really on?
  17. Your turn 72Volt
    xI_LIKE_A_PIGx likes this.
  18. i think 72Volt just took an economics course and learned a few new terms and felt like flexing his vocabulary a bit LOL
    mba2012, IcecreamCow and kritacul like this.
  19. 3) Actually being a supporter doesnt really help, most spend it, it has what you do, not whqt ya pay. That gets you rupees.