[suggestion] Abolish Vault Fees

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by 72Volt, Jul 18, 2013.

1. people think supporters are so rich, well yes some are. but for many starting supporters all the money they get goes to builds on their 2+ reses/wildbases. also alot of supporters started off as rich regulars who wanted to build more stuff for the community so they "bought" the extra reses.

tbh thats the only reason im diamond if there was a cheaper way to only get 4 protected reses and no extra rupees/perks (aside from utopia wild) id do it in a heartbeat
  2. ^ This
    mba2012 and brickstrike like this.
  3. Also, if one takes the inimical antipodal of your apothegm - one might allege 'non supporters are so poor'

Per contra, I actually have a lot of rupees ;)
    mba2012, brickstrike and bitemenow15 like this.
  4. The reason this was implemented was so the vault could not be used as storage.
    brickstrike likes this.
  5. I believe now would be a reasonable time to admit defeat. :>

As much as you may all like to think that and have a little giggle to yourselves, I assure you that is not the case. :)
    smile3 and PenguinDJ like this.
  6. I remember taking a Ecom. class for college ... End result: Made an A then never look back at it. I understood it but " I don't got time for that" if you know what I saying.... Got bills to pay :)
    mba2012 and brickstrike like this.
  7. could you like, speak English?
    brickstrike likes this.
  8. You aren't the only one who wants this >.>
    dylan_frenette likes this.
  9. They get access to Utopia wild which gets them much more resources since they can be there a long time constantly. (24/7 Sunlight and no hunger/fall damage)

Also they have the option to buy vault pages for 10k rather than having to obtain a voucher which can be more expensive.
    It won't transfer if you aren't in town..?
  10. so basically, your inventory is the vault, and what happens to it if your in town with one inventory on your main server and you return to town on the wild one, does it overwrite the Mains inventory? This all sounds too complicated, i say we keep the inventories independent and keep the vault as is *nod*
  11. It's twenty rupees...
  12. There are measures that can be taken for 99.99% of situations but I won't post them here. Of course most of the measures would requir complicated coding so I guess it's not the best idea..
  13. We would just provide Aikar, ICC, and Justin with all the rupees they need to party hard, nothing big
  14. I dunno.... Jeremy's TNT addiction can get expensive
    PenguinDJ, ScarTheNinja and jtc0999 like this.
  15. From an objectionist point of view, you have to see that the vault is multi-purpose database that connects to nearly every server much like the player and rupee database.. They are even likely intertwined. As such, like most databases, may be prone to overflow issues that can cause memory leaks and cause loss of data, although I am sure that Aikar has the data setup to store in a RAID array (Which tends to be normal for Server Towers) to prevent total loss of data. If the vault were free for everyone it would likely be overused every day to the point where the vault would crash frequently or have some issues where so many people are using it that the Database simply runs out of memory and cannot save more data. We do technically have over 60,000 players although a few are likely banned or no longer play for whatever reasons. Personally, I have 5 vault pages that I got before subscribing to gold again, and I only had to pay for 1 because I was lucky enough to catch 3 treasure vouchers in Aikar's drop event, as well as a couple "AlexVouchers" and a troll-dragon egg.. xD
    brickstrike likes this.
  16. I am not rich.. I am merchant, but I have never been rich Rupee-wise.. Sure I may own a pristine set of 60k armor, The 60k Sword, Axe and a slightly used Pick, a worthless V1 (Non-Soulbound) Empire Firework, 2 July 4th Fireworks, a V-Day Flower, as well as about a half a DC of Zombie Virus and an incomplete Quartz Construct of the beginning of the Ivory Tower, as well as 2 wild cities on different servers, as well as 2 wild outposts.. But at most, I have never had over 500k in rupees and I only have about 20k at the moment.. :oops:
    PenguinDJ and brickstrike like this.
  17. 1. sunlight does not matter then you are mining (its dark underground/in nether either way) also this has nothing to do with vault mechanics.
    2. pretty sure (might be wrong) every member has the option to buy vault pages for 10k think you just cant access them otherwise vouchers just make you able to access past your limit (again i might be wrong)
    3. a wise man once said the shortest path is a straight line
  18. Everyone has access to purchase vault pages, however, you are limited to how many you can buy/have without the use of treasure vouchers, (Unless that has changed), Freebies can have 2, Iron 5, Gold 25 and Diamond 50.. And you can past your pay grade with the treasure vouchers.. I was free at the time I got my five pages because I bought my second page and used the vouchers up to 5.. :3
    brickstrike likes this.
  19. says a supporter.
  20. Vault slips are available via special events like mob arenas, and in hidden chests in the wild which anyone, even a non-supporter can get and use. It's actually possible via slips to get more than the max vault pages than even diamond can have as a free player if one found that many slips. :)
    mba2012 likes this.