Storytime: Krysyy and the Moose

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Krysyy, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Congratulations, Krysyy. Though I don't know you very well having only joined the server about a month or two ago, I hope you two have a long and loving marriage.
    krysyyjane9191, AlexChance and 607 like this.
  2. Awesome! I'm quite happy hearing this! :D
    krysyyjane9191 likes this.
  3. Congrats! So happy for yous! :D
    krysyyjane9191 and 607 like this.
  4. Woo! I'm so happy for you two! Congratulations.
    krysyyjane9191 and AlexChance like this.
  5. CONGRATS I am SOOO happy for you! best of luck! :):):)
  6. Congratulations to the both of you! So happy for you :)
  7. *Secretly sneaks off to America to come to the wedding* In all seriousness, congratulations to both you Krystal and to Moose as well! :)
    wolffpack58 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  8. omg congrats krysyy!! next thing you know you'll have baby villagers ;)
  9. What the best someone's gona call David Tennent and he turns up :p

Congrats!
  10. Wonderful news! Wishing you the best and brightest of futures!
  11. Congrats krysyy!
    607 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  12. Congratulations you two! :)
    607 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  13. congratz krysyy :D
  14. omg!! congratulations!!
  15. Not too personal. Moose was actually my 'Match of the Day' through match.com (OMG you mean an online dating site? Yes). I messaged him first, which is something I won't let him forget =P

Anywho, our first date we didn't want to end. It was on a Sunday after I got back from a Marine Biology field trip to Port Aransas. The original plan was bowling, but thanks to an instant connection and both of us not wanting it to end it turned into bowling, dinner, then walking/dancing in the nearby park until past 1-2 am, at which point we realized we had work/school the next morning and had to go, whether we wanted to or not.

Looking back, we moved really fast in our relationship. He asked me out (in a super geeky way I wont let him forget) the next Monday or so. Within a month I was at his house all the time, living together for the most part except my storage at my apartment. It just felt natural. I can't really pinpoint a time when I knew he had a chance. With all my past boyfriends I had never had such an instant connection, so maybe that was it. I don't believe in love at first sight, but after the first week, I deleted my Match.com account.

Moose and I, we understand each other. We're both geeky in the best of ways (though I blame him for why I've become worse). He puts up with my Doctor Who memorabilia around the house and I allow his proud display of his stuffed angry birds pig collection on the shelves in our living room. Yes, we've had our share of big arguments like any healthy mature relationship should and because Moose can be quite the handful, but most of the disagreements are about small things that don't really matter (like me still not taking down the Christmas tree yet =P). We made a vow early on that we never go to bed angry. And while I may get upset and tell him to get lost and sleep on the couch some days, he's still in that bed every morning when I wake up (if he's not out of town) and I still give him a morning kiss before I leave for work/get out of bed.

In no way am I an expert on relationships, but I found someone that doesn't need perfection. We're messed up, but we are messed up together and I wouldn't have it any other way.

(and he let me pick out my own ring because he understands that the perfectionist in me would go nuts)
  16. OMG CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Ahhhhhhhh :)

Edit: that ring is gorgeous :D
  17. one more question... is the christmas tree still up?
    jkjkjk182 and krysyyjane9191 like this.
  18. yes =P
    (shhhh)
    jkjkjk182 and 607 like this.