State of Bukkit: Dead? Now: Sponge Powered

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Aug 21, 2014.

1. Sooo when Do You guys Guess it will Update?
  2. Patience. Please! I am dying here...
    PandasEatRamen and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. I feel like you have asked this question before lol.
    SoulPunisher, 607, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  4. This. So much this.
    jkjkjk182 and PandasEatRamen like this.
  5. Also might like to add, if it hasn't been already. I saw something that MS made an offer to buy mojang.
  6. I'm not certain if that's true or not... they said they offered 2 billion ... no offence, minecraft's assets aren't worth 2 billion ... little under 17 million people have the game downloaded so far... first of them were about 16$ now they're about 26$ ... even 26 times 17 million is 442 million ... say triple that amount (if same amount of people bought for ps3, ps4, xbox, and xbox one, etc) .... that's still only about 1.3 mil ... they'd be losing money

---------

Also I saw the referenced somewhere, they were buying it from notch ... notch no longer is in control of the minecraft aspect of mojang ... so legally he isn't bound to sell :3
  7. he doesnt creatively control it, but he is the largest stock holder for mojang so he has the ultimate say in anything.

he can sell the company w/o anyone elses approval.

But those articles have no credibility, as they are based purely on rumor without any facts, so i'm ignoring it.

at this point its just spreading rumors.
  8. and status update on sponge - the people who are good at API design are hitting it so hard. There has been lots of progress made on api design and helping build it for the future.

Thankfully Grum from Mojang is working with us giving us information about what mojang intends to do, which helps ensure we dont do things we later regret....

Right now i'm not able to do as much since I'm not great with API design, and the server side things that I'm good at is not ready to be worked on, gotta wait for others to get it to that point and guide us into forge and see where that all goes.

However I am helping with the politics side of things, ensuring this project doesn't repeat bukkits mistakes, and providing my thoughts into the API design, and contributing some of EMC's designs to the others for us to consider putting in Sponge directly.

Then I've also been helping out on the web side of things, helping configure servers and get the mail server running right, and making small site tweaks.

But its amazing how hard everyones crunching every angle of developing this project. Been very organized :)
    607 likes this.
  9. Since they haven't really needed my full assistance yet - I've just been working on a plugin assistant app ...

So that way when you guys finish releasing the first documentation (or even before then) ...

Whomever uses the app will have a visual drag and drop system to use, if he/she doesn't want to use an ide and have to manually read and type most of the code at first ... Then if they want to go into more detail they can of course look at the dual mode or code mode and edit the codes further or drag and drop the main sections to re-arrange :)
    607 likes this.
  10. I don't exactly agree with this. Reuters is pretty good about their sources, and several other articles have mentioned that they have three sources in on the current deal discussions, and that they had another one claiming that Notch approached Microsoft a few months ago. Considering that the entire financial world expects it to be announced on Monday, I would say it is more than rumors.
    SoulPunisher and mba2012 like this.
  11. If you're going to have a Player system like bukkit, can you ask them to make it so that you can retrieve a players UUID whether they're online or not...
  12. Facebook paid $19 billion for WhatsApp - yes it has more users than Minecraft, but this is a takeover. Big companies don't come in with weak offers.
    607 likes this.
  13. I know. =P I thought I mind as well say it since nobody has on this thread.
  14. just_five_fun likes this.
  15. That is, if they find the person. I don't think they have found ANYBODY who swatted people yet, like Kootra and Whiteboy7thst. He might have several proxy's. >_>
  16. The people who make these prank calls are not dumb. They are very careful. They use phone numbers they get from the internet, use things like Tor to hide their identity, and they probably modify their voice a little bit just incase. Its pretty much impossible for the police to pinpoint the identity of these callers.
    607 likes this.
  17. Two weeks.