Starbound

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Crazy1080, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Hello again! This thread might have seemed rather random.

It was!
    Floran "Fluttershy" takes on the world!
    and a castle.
    mba2012, Olaf_C and maxthegreat2 like this.
  2. Starships run on fossil fuels!
    "Iron Mare" Fluttershy takes on a NEW world!
    and bird people.
  3. ...What's Starbound?
  4. Terraria in space, basically. If you want to watch some guys who have no idea what they are doing play it, here's this (Warning: language ahead):
    AliceF3 likes this.
  5. Fluttershy took on the universe and won!
    Her legacy was made in the form of a corpse across countless planets, and nothing is capable of standing in her way anymore. She never did find a gun, or any other ranged weapons aside from her bow, but that's unimportant.
    She sleeps in comfort, patiently awaiting the day that everything she knows will cease to exist.
    Everything is lost to the winds of change.
    ---
    I've accomplished everything there is to accomplish in Starbound at the moment. In a few days the entire system will be reworked and Fluttershy will be destroyed forever.

It has also come to my attention that I have no idea how the Starbound servers work, but I'll try and figure them out next patch.
  6. I watched NerdCubed play this and it does look and play a lot like Terraria...

The monsters and concept of it all is pretty interesting though :p
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  7. erosego plays it too, you should watch her:)
  8. She does...?
    I'll have to watch that tomorrow :p
    gato1010 and 607 like this.
  9. It's Not Terraria.
    :3
    Anyways, I really like the concept, just think that they should have released the game after more content was in. :p
  10. It's in closed beta right now.. can't really get upset at them. Regardless, there's still 20~ hours of content if you're just looking to reach the endgame.
  11. Fluttershy is no more. Dead and gone, returned to the dust of the Earth.
    Her successor is Sweetie Belle.
  12. Yeah the profile reset was a bit anoying
  13. It honestly didn't bother me all that much, since I had done everything there was to do in the game.
  14. Bit of a followup on this.. I have the Starbound server working properly now.

Make of that what you will.
  15. While I wait for this to become available I'll just pass the time in the Character Creator.
    607 likes this.
  16. Starbound is for sale on Steam for $14.95 or something like that. Your characters, worlds, and pretty much all other progress will be deleted every week or so, though.

Updates'll do that to you.
  17. I was lucky enough to trade up for this game on a trade site :D