Starbound

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Crazy1080, Dec 4, 2013.

1. So, in preparation for the next character wipe, I was screwing around with ore generation.
    Huh.

I did learn something from all this, though, so it wasn't a waste of time.
  2. Wut. How did you do that.
  3. Code:
    {

"surfaceOres" : [
        [0.5, [ [ "coal", 10.0] ]]

],

"subsurfaceOres" : [
        [0.5, [ [ "uranium", 10.0] ]]
      ],

"deepsurfaceOres" : [
        [0.5, [ [ "plutonium", 10.0] ]]
      ],

"depth1" : [
        [0.5, [ ["solarium", 10.0] ]]
      ],

"depth2" : [
        [0.5, [ ["diamond", 10.0] ]]
      ],

"depth3" : [
        [0.5, [ ["Rubium",  10.0] ]]
      ],
    I wanted to learn how ores depths are divided.. this test proved quite fruitful.
  4. Is this game worth the money? Does it play as smooth as Minecraft (my computer can hardly handle Minecraft as is)
  5. It runs better than Minecraft 1.7.4, for sure. It will lag sometimes, it's not very optimized yet.
    A playthrough from tier 1 to 10 takes about 30 hours, give or take 15 depending on how you play.

Your characters, worlds, and everything else are deleted on about a weekly basis, because it's being updated very frequently.
    607 likes this.
  6. I think I know what I am asking for for Christmas then :p
    607 likes this.
  7. I still think it should be possible to play on peaceful though. I mean, you could not do a lot of the things, but that's so in minecraft too, you'll never get to the end on peaceful. You could just play in the spawn world, and I think go to other alpha planets too, so, I don't see why it would be impossible to do that.
  8. If you remove (or clear) all mob-spawning protocol you can play on peaceful. Dungeons would still have enemies in them, though, and you could still summon bosses if you wanted.
    607 likes this.
  9. judging on how on the character screen theres a "mode" column that currently has nothing in it so its a very likely feature to change modes but it will likely be like Terraria's mode system, which all changing modes does is what you lose on death not what monsters spawn
  10. I wish I could get in on the beta, but I am pretty much broke and I am pretty sure that Early Accesses wont go on sale during the Steam Christmas sale.. o3o
  11. on trading sites you can get it for 4 TF2 keys (or a hearthstone key which is what I paid)
  12. Getting it for the Christmas ^_^
  13. Just purchased the game... Download is gonna take forever lol.
  14. Im having trouble loading the game... its been on loading screen for 10 minutes D:

right as I hit replay the game loads xD
  15. How do I play dis game.... :confused:
  16. I put about 60 hours into the game so far, and have a few thoughts...

1. The game is extremely addicting, the building is fun and the NPC dungeons/villages are epic compared to Terraria
    2. The game is extremely buggy and you will get crashes and possibly lose characters/worlds in its current state
    3. As it is now, if you rush through the tiers of worlds there is only about 20-30 hours of gameplay, and only the 1st four tiers have bosses, tiers 5-10 you just obtain new ores/armors/weapons, and it can become grindy.

As it is still early in the Beta (phase 1 of 3), I would expect that the devs are gonna add way more to the game, but just be aware that your characters can be erased without notice and that the game is still buggy and incomplete. If your OK with that though it is very fun to play, and the multiplayer is crazy fun (bands, anyone?) if you can get a server going or join one.
    607 likes this.
  17. Can you tell me how I mine and stuff, I am a total noob....
    PandasEatRamen likes this.
  18. I assume you've got the game running, then? You mine, chop wood, and do pretty much everything (at the start) with your Matter Manipulator.

If you'd like detailed instructions for starting up, you can use google. As an alternative, if you're spoiler-conscientious, you can start a conversation with me and I'll provide all the help I can.
  19. Yodas PM'd me the basics of the game, I have the hang of it now kind of, already have 1 diamond.... but dem mobs.... they are so strong.... maybe its just because im using the deafult sword....
  20. I completely missed the fact that the post I quoted had a quote in it. Yay.

Also! Craft a sword, they're good. Better than the ones you've got, at least.