Soul bound vouchers

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by _Nephy_, May 8, 2015.

1. It is supposed to be expensive and set the "ceiling" on the prices of items.
    Nephilim_theJust likes this.
  2. +calhencha Cool!
  3. No just no this has been suggested before and even if it was for voting still it could be abused by turning worthless blocks into 1k+ blocks just because they're soulbound it will just be abused too easily :(
  4. +1 madpoint ;)
  5. not if you get one per ever 100 votes i think people would have a great appreciation for it and those who suck with it to vote would probably use it on there good items and keep it for them self. i do understand people may do it but i think some people would really enjoy this. Just like they enjoy there voter amour that is soul bound of a item they always seem to lose when they day, like a lava bucket or a work bench instead of it just being a promo such as the labor bench
  6. I don't think it should be every 100 because me for instance I have 319 votes that means I get 3 the next time I vote maybe if it were to be every 300-500 because the voucher can still be used as a promo and be used to get wealth for some players and if you could make it 500 votes to get one the players that actually try to vote then it'll just make all the more valuable then even going back to 300 votes it would still be less but easier to get thus making it easier to collect then making it just like the 500 vote bouns... I still imo say no
    (I might have to edit this to make it clearer or in order ;))
  7. But what about the people who havent voted and havent gotten that high i think 100 maybe 150 would be a better idea then 500 or more, some people would give up because there thats over a year of voting to get the one voucher its almost a 2 years... i think that would be a little to high
  8. At the proposed rate that would take an infinite number of years to complete, due to more items coming into circulation every few votes and wasteland resets.
  9. this is why i say 100, its not that long and defiantly worth it
  10. +1
    This is one gread idea.
    jdg44 likes this.
  11. Some people could want the voucher just for the item, but those people could troll, but then the promo collectors easy cash right at every 100 vote and if we uped it to 150,200,250, and et cetera but but that means they can get just as much wealth as the easier, but cheaper to get ones but there will be more in circulation and if you have, let's say 4, your vote streak is 429 so you get 4 as I said and now lets say that each voucher is going at 150k per thats a good 600k just from voting. But now lets say you still have the same streak but they come every 200 votes so you have 2 and now price increases because of demand/quantity lets also say that these vouchers cost 300k per because its double the votes and so you now have 2 of those vouchers but they have the exact same price in this example. Also of people want soulbound gear so bad the vote... If they're wanting soulbound gear all they have to do is vote you get soulbounded leather armor every 25 votes or something then they get iron soulbound tools and if they still vote they get diamond soulbound gear and even a soulbound fishing rod.
    Nickblockmaster likes this.
  12. I Like this idea, but i think some of these soulbound items may be mistaken for promos and sold for more than they should be.
  13. These will be sold for astronomical amounts if they ever come into circulation.
  14. *gets a piece of Not Special Dirt for 3r*
    *Puts soulbound voucher on it*
    *makes millions*
    *wastes money on more promos*

But I was thinking it could be soulbound in a way that it cannot be used/picked up/moved/etc. by anyone other than the person who put the soulbound-ness on it. And then if you tried to do any of the above, you would get spammed with the message you get if you try to pick up someone else's pvp head/haunted candy. (it was something like 'You cannot pick up this item, it belongs to Defne_The_boss')
    Edit; maybe something like this for the voucher itself too?
    tuqueque likes this.
  15. I think, sadly, that this has been rejected many times before?
    FDNY21 likes this.
  16. My time has come, I will go find these threads! *superman theme song cue*
    That probably didn't make any sense, but just know I'll be back.
  17. Err... no.
    Not Special Dirt isn't useful, unlike Ore Busters, which only go for 100k.

PvP heads are meant to be picked up.
  18. Yes i know that this has been brought up and yes some people will abuse it but you can make it like it pvp cant be dropped or picked up as defne_the_boss said i think that would work out alot better. i still think that this could be a very good idea for those who vote, and if some one wants so spend there r and buy a soul bound dirt block or what ever it may be isnt that there choice?
  19. I found one of the threads you were talking about. I read over parts of it, and I think they had a pretty good idea hidden in there. That you can't use this on tools/weapons/armor, just small things like buckets/food/a small item that means so much to you.

I think I'll go read the whole thread now. :)
    Edit; that bb code failed. http://empireminecraft.com/threads/custon-soulbound-items.51705/ Theres the link for now.
  20. As much as I would love to make my labor bench and magical eggcellent wand soulbound...

Even every 1000th vote wouldnt be enough to stop potential abuse. New players would think that anything "soulbound" is worth millions.
    Tokens can be easily gotten by people who hunt enraged mobs (which are easier to find now that monuments exist) and so would be kind of a worse idea >.>

So basically...
    No, thank you. I don't want to see the promo market become worse than it already is >.>

Edit: actually, making this obtainable via low vote streaks would cause too many of these to exist. And high vote streaks would cause this to be worth way more than it should be worth. Not to mention that if you put it on a tool/armor, it'll go to waste because of the 6-time-repair-limit.
    ChrisFlareon likes this.