Soul bound vouchers

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by _Nephy_, May 8, 2015.

1. As I said above, it should be limited to smaller things. (food, buckets, renamed items from friends, etc.) No tools or armor or promos. And also, for the sake of not retyping this;
  2. Is it actually possible to code all of this into one item?
  3. I'm not at all knowledgeable with coding of any type. :D This isn't here to add to the staff's workload, but just as a vague idea that could [possibly] be worked on when time allows it.

What I'm picturing is a promo-like menu where you plop the item into, and if you tried to put tools/armor/etc. into it would get sent back with an error message.
  4. I've seen this rejected several times before, I can see certain benefits but there's lots of things to consider and there are also lots of downfalls to it. There have been many good ideas in both other threads and in this one, but all in all I think we don't need Soulbound Vouchers, it would take away from the survival aspect of the survival server that we are and it can cause some problems, some that can be rectified, but some that people will be angry with, so I say it is better to not add it at all. Good ideas, though. :)
  5. Kind of like how maps cant be put into vaults?
    I suppose that's doable, though i dont think any code exists yet that'll keep people from exchanging these vouchers/ soulbound items via chests yet. Though i guess all you'd have to do is make a list of all the soulbound promo/special items, then say "if this item is both soulbound and NOT on this list, then--" wait no, the coding still makes no sense in my head <.<"" cause you'd still have to be able to store these items somewhere... Unless you want to have /vault as the only option of storing these. With this in mind, i change my vote to

+0

Because 1) not sure how you can prevent people from exchanging through chests/other containers without a considerable compromise and 2) because only useless items can be soul-bounded with your idea... And i see no reason to go around soul-bounding normal items, lel.
    >maybe the enderchest i take with me on adventures. Yes, if i die i'd like to keep that with me... I guess<
    >eh not really<
    >"favored items" of mine wouldnt go out of my house, anyway...stored inside a chest labelled "renamed items" or something...<

Besides, if you soulbound something entirely to yourself, you might regret it later =P
  6. :p
  7. That's not what I meant, if someone has full inventory and the head gets dropped onto the ground, someone else can't come over there to pick it up.

Example; PlayerA kills PlayerB, but PlayerA has no inventory space to take PlayerB's head, so PlayerB's head gets dropped to the ground. If PlayerC trys to pick up PlayerB's head that PlayerA achieved from killing PlayerB, PlayerC would get spammed with the message 'You cannot pick this item up, it belongs to PlayerA' until they move away from it. So PlayerB's head would sit on the floor as a spamming machine until PlayerA finally comes to pick it up. :D (To my knowledge)
  8. Yes.
    Saw this happen, too. Someone happened to have pvp heads >on every block of the ring of the arena< almost as if he had planned this out with a bunch of his friends.
    Highly annoying.
    Spam machine abused.
    Not cool.
  9. Man, must've been annoying. :( Did staff come clear it out/he got reported?
  10. Must've.
    It was during a rainbowchin pvp event =P
  11. Hm, I wonder what kind of person actually has the time to go around and start havoc amongst others. :p

Edit; I think this is starting to get off-topic, (if not already xP) do we ask staff to close the thread now?
    Edit2; maybe not! :p
  12. I've gone through atleast 16 of the poor fellas, atleast I have the original Obsidian... =(
  13. I'm not sure I understand the problems suggested, other than the one that says players shouldn't really have the ability to make items Soulbound in the first place. However, if we are okay with custom Soulbound-ing, then I think the idea is fine.

I don't see why a Soulbound Voucher would be worth 150k if you get one for every 100 votes. You get a Stable Voucher for every 50 votes, and they're worth what, 12k? Double that would be 24k. Exaggerating would be 30k. And even if people sold them instead of using them, so what? They do that with Vault/Stable Vouchers and diamonds/emeralds they get from voting already.

Also, to this idea that a new player would think a Soulbound dirt block is worth "millions", that doesn't matter, because they don't have "millions". It would be worth ~30k, and if you have 30k, you probably know the value of a Soulbound block of dirt by then.

Another suggestion was that, instead of being a voting reward, it is sold in the /shop. This would mean there's an infinite supply of them, at a set price (probably high, like 50k-100k). In this case, this would be the only way these vouchers would enter the economy, meaning no one could make a profit off them, because no one would buy one for higher than the /shop price, and, for every one that exists, that price will have already been paid by someone. This would also be an excellent rupee sink for the rich players.

It seems to me that the only thing holding back the ability to add the "Soulbound" attribute to items is that we just don't want it to be a thing - not because it could be abused or ruin the economy.
  14. Actually, if this is done via the /shop, then I wouldn't mind this being a "thing" at all. There only remains the problem of people trying to add value to items due to its being soulbound (like, "I spent 50k in the /shop to make this soulbound, so it's worth 50k more"). Which is why some people are suggesting that these items could be strictly soulbounded to one person. But then I think that might cause complications in coding.
  15. If you use a 50k-rupee Voucher to make a 1k-rupee item Soulbound, then it is worth 51k rupees. The person selling this item had to pay 50k for the Voucher in order to make it Soulbound, so it's natural that the item's value would increase by 50k. The only profit would be the 1k, which is what (s)he would have made selling the item in the first place. Someone could buy this Soulbound item for 51k, or buy a normal one for 1k and a Voucher from /shop for 50k, and combine them. It's six in one, half a dozen in the other.
    Kyzoy likes this.
  16. Well then, if it's going to be like this, there's no problem except that staff has rejected this many times.
    and now that you put it like that, i actually do not want this to be a "thing" now... absolute waste of money... back to -1
  17. Yes, it's waste of money if you plan on making profit, but hey, if you see that you can't make more money off it why buy it?
    The whole idea is for those of us who want to keep special items on their person at all times.
  18. This thread still hasn't been responded to by the higher mods >.>

EDIT: meaning that... well it'll probably just get rejected again, anway.
  19. Oh well, I can still dream. :p Maybe they're watching right now, you know how much of a ninja krysyy is. :rolleyes:
    I can see you up there, krysyy and chin with your dispenser heads.
  20. ninja, huh...
    krysyy isn't a dispenser. she's an ice-clad fire-breathing dragon.