So I was poking around the new Woodland Mansions...

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Rhyblet, Sep 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Y u in creative tho
    Theomglover_ likes this.
  2. Would you like it better if it was a giant ghast ?
    nuclearbobomb and Theomglover_ like this.
  3. Or your ex wifey?
    nuclearbobomb and cowland123 like this.
  4. Don't blink.
    FacepalmRhy likes this.
  5. I looked through one a couple hours ago, and while I like the "haunted mansion" idea, I'm not a fan of the woodland mansion construction. They're too random with the cat/chicken statues, random rooms, etc., and they're too big. They remind me less of a simplistic survival-style temple/structure you'd find (like witch huts, desert temples, and monuments) and more like a player-created build that just got dumped in the wild. I like that the current temples mesh with the landscape; they start with a simple but aesthetic form that you can expand on as a player. Here, there's no meshing, and the expanding is done for you.

All in all, -1 to woodland mansions and this update in general. I like what they're doing, but it almost seems like they're reaching for new features at this point rather than considering things that would side well with the game. Llamas are one of the only things of 1.11 I like, and now that I've found out that you can't control them while riding, even they disappoint me a bit.
    cowland123, 607, ShelLuser and 2 others like this.
  6. I think that's the bit that I hate the most.
    Don't even ask.
    Equinox_Boss and UltiPig like this.
  7. YYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    nuclearbobomb, _cTJ_, Jelle68 and 4 others like this.
  8. Or, ya know, make illager farms ;)
    Kytula likes this.
  9. Keep in mind that these are snapshots, so it's too early to tell if you really can't ride 'm or not. It is possible that you ran into a bug.
    607 and Kytula like this.
  10. I read this a few times and now I'm curious what you think about villages in general? Because I can't help feel that those would (or could) also match your description.
  11. Yes please.
    nuclearbobomb likes this.
  12. Yes, villages, dungeons, igloos, and other things I didn't mention all fit with the simplistic style I've mentioned. I've approved of all of them so far and found them to be just complex enough to be interesting while still simple enough to be enjoyable. The Woodland Mansions are just overly complex.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  13. I see where you are coming from, the mansions don't fit in with the environment very well, have a million and one rooms that don't make sense and have mobs which are just hostile blacksmiths/priests (cmon, ghosts srsly).
    cowland123 and Hashhog like this.
  14. Totally agree. It is extremely out of place in the minecraft world. I could stand it being massive if it was like a one room kind of temple or monument but it is literally just a woodland mansion. If I find one of these, I would loot it, burn it, and build whatever on the huge flat piece of land it left behind.
    Hashhog likes this.
  15. No im not his wify
  16. Ran across one today and thought it was someone's abandoned build: what tipped me off to being auto-generated was the secret treasure and the fact that rocks had spawned inside the building. The building now a bed and breakfast, albeit with gobs of apparently empty chests. Who needs that much storage?
    607 and WardleDeBoss like this.
  17. The last post in this thread was over a year ago, please don't necro post.
    Requesting lock to prevent confusion.
    FadedMartian likes this.
  18. Closed as requested by OP :)
    We3_MPO and MerRhyAndBright like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.