SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Progress on the Guardian statue 2 2/3 sides are finished. Turns out I Need Bulk Prismarine
    anyone got any I could use?

Edit:I finshed the 3 side and I'm working on the fourth
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  2. Sorry peeploes i havent been able to help, nor been online for moral support, lately ive had a lot of work to do and im sick, so...

Good luck
    khixan likes this.
  3. I'll come back to town sometime tomorrow. I have plenty.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  4. Staff is investigating the griefing at Slime Time. Looks like the whole lava/water deal again and a bunch of stuff broken. Once they get done investigating I will start making a list of what we need to repair this area and I'll start removing all the cobble too.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  5. You have got to be kidding me.... not again :(

EDIT: You're not kidding. Corrupted went out there on his alt. Squid Doom was also hit. Did staff see the Squid Doom damages also Wayne? Thank you!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. I dont know how those players got here. Cobble monster are normally used in faction servers for stuff. I think we had a bad migration of players :/
    khixan likes this.
  7. If its really bad, you can call the FCC over... The cobble will be destroyed in 2 seconds :p
  8. All of the cobble is removed already, we're just doing the repairs now.

To the griefers or anyone thinking about griefing... I have a message for you:

It's much more fun to dance with us than it is to grief us and get banned
  9. Worst of it is fixed thanks to Toade, Wayne, TBird, and Corrupted. The rest is going to have to wait on Deceptious for the ice farm, and Slvr and Walrus for some detail work where we're not sure how things used to be situated. Thank you all!
    Tuqueque and Kytula like this.
  10. The Guardian Statue is completed! After 3 days of grinding and multiple trips to town and back It is done.
  11. It looks really good!

ps. there is an inappropriate sign on that platform out by the Guardian Statue, placed by a player who was banned for griefing that needs to be removed but is being protected by anti-griefing. No staff is online though.
    Tuqueque, UltiPig and khixan like this.
  12. Sign Removed. :)
    Tuqueque, UltiPig and khixan like this.
  13. thanks! sorry, I was standing right there but was away and not paying attention.
    Tuqueque, ShelLuser and khixan like this.
  14. Its ok, I'm just glad you were still in the location. :)
  15. This is messy and very rough, but here is a draft of the Fe(II) redesign. This needs refinement big time. I'm trying to combine ideas from all the great people who have submitted them, and figure out a rough layout so we know what we'll need to do. Here is the world download if you want to play around with it. Our spacing out at the actual Fe(II) is a little different, so watch out for that.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/3cuefchoy15g9or/Fell_IronFarm.zip

• The 2 pistons would be far better on pressure plates instead of a lever.
    • The AFK chest really shouldn't be a chest at all. The AFK hoppers should hook into a dropper so that drops go directly into the player's inventory.
    • Would be nice to sort out poppies like I have at one of my farms. It keeps a DC of poppies on hand and disposes the rest onto a cactus.
    I am going to start working on this soon. Please expect Fe(II) to be temporarily closed soon. More details on a timeline once I have them. Thank you all!
    Tuqueque and AncientTower like this.
  16. not sure why but Squid Doom isn't working, nothing is spawning at all except Enderman.

edit: the Slime chunk at Squid Doom is working like a charm but there are no squids (or anything else) spawning in the larger area
    Tuqueque likes this.
  17. This is due to sheer dumb luck. Sometimes it works great like when we were out there doing repairs (I wound up with a stack of ink), and sometimes you get nothing. Nada. Zip. Go away from it (like to the Slime Time food farm) and then go back. You may still get nothing, or it may start suddenly raining squid. I have never figured out if this is a due to a problem with that chunk, or just EMC weirdness with spawning squid. Your guess is as good as mine. It's frustrating for sure.
    Tuqueque and Kytula like this.
  18. Ah okay, also anti-grief makes it hard in all of the chest rooms.

1) All the chest signs are marked as protected so players can't break them to lock chests
    2) When a player does lock a chest, it protects nearby signs so the current design of where the chests are makes it so several of them can't be used.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. Just so I'm aware, are the squids supposed to be falling to their death or are they supposed to be alive so I can kill them? because it's happening both ways.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  20. Both the chests and the signs need to be placed in NoProtectMode so folks can lock them without that misleading message.
    The squids fall both ways since it depends on where they spawned and fell from.

Also so that post regarding Fe(II) doesn't get lost - page 58, there's a world download. We're going to work on it this week, and Fe(II) will be temporarily closed while we do that. If you're interested in helping, hit me up, cheers all :)
    Tuqueque likes this.