SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. Thanks Wayne, I'll vouch ya. :)

Fe(II) will be temporarily closed while design changes are made to it. This will probably take a few days at least. Thank you.
    Tuqueque, ShelLuser and ChrisFlareon like this.
  2. I am in town gearing up to start the Fe(II) changes. If you wanted to help, please come find me. Thank you all!

Fe(II) is temporarily closed while design changes are made to it. This will probably take a few days at least. Thank you.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. The Fe(II) renovations are complete! Thank you corruptedsmile and rdmaster for all your help, and JDHallows and CarolMoss for the block assistance! Fe(II) is open again already :D

We finished all the Fe(II) renovations including a new locked chest room (it's across from the beds).

A few important notes about the changes are below.
    • The build now supports 1 or 2 people AFK, and up to 4 people manually killing golems.
    • On the side opposite the entrances/exits, there are now 2 levers. Levers DOWN for manual kill or when you're leaving the build and no one else is there. Put the levers UP for AFK mode only.
    • If you are AFKing, please periodically check the manual kill chests too (especially before you leave). Golems sometimes like to fight the water current and commit suicide inside the lava blades. Those drops will always gather in the manual kill chests. Their suicide rate is completely random. Sometimes none will do that, and sometimes stacks of iron will be up in the chests.
    • The AFK area is downstairs. There are signs. Either side works. The drops will group up and come to you eventually. Or a second person can AFK with you on the opposite side. It's dumb luck which side the drops pop out of.
    • Multiple manual killers means folks will have to play nice and split up the loot from the 2 chests. If there are only 2 of you, each take a side. That will make it easier since your drops will go into your side's chest.
    This renovation took 10 hours for me and corrupted to do, and 2 hours of rdmaster's time, plus assistance from JDHallows and CarolMoss. Address any complaints to someone not us :p
    Tuqueque, ShelLuser, ScrObot and 2 others like this.
  4. What's Cooking with SMP8 Public Wild Utilities (PWU)?
    For those who want to know what's done, what we're currently doing, and what's coming up in the next few months.

What's Been Done Recently
    • The Fe(II) renovations are complete! See previous post for important details please.
    • Fe(II) also got more locked chest space. It's across from the beds. Please remember, one locked chest per person and one per group (your alts don't count). Space is limited at many of the builds, and I have other things to do besides add locked chests rooms every month. Thank you!
    • The community really came together to fix multiple large griefings at Wild C and Wild S. Thank you all for helping so very much!
    What's In Progress
    • The next project to begin soon (like today or tomorrow) - The Nether PWU Express! Hit me up if you want to go play in the Nether with us :D Redo all the transportation and put it in the Nether for faster public utility access. Rail, horse, and ice boat transport options. This would also involve perfectly linked nether portals, which is a thing you can google if you've no idea what I'm on about. Having players wind up in Pigmentus unexpectedly would be bad LOL. We'd leave the roads at at Wild North, and NHG is fine as is. The North rail though would be removed and replaced by a Wild North Nether Portal transport hub. Each build at North would get its own "drop off" portal.
    • Codygraw has donated a skeleton grinder to crazy_x_gamer for it to be made public. The skellie grinder at Sushi Drop stinks. There are just too many guardians spawning there already, plus the location of that spawner is just not in a good spot. The water keeps being frozen by people wearing Frost Walker. Hopefully this new location will be much better. I'm going to go check it out this weekend. Fingers crossed!
    • Slime Time is being renovated. The entire Wild South complex has been transferred to Slvr and Walrus. They are going to keep the builds public. It's too much for me to run 4 different areas. The slime farm and squid farm will eventually be rebuilt out at Wild North. If you want to help repair and redo Slime Time, please contact Slvr and AverageWalrus or just post here on this thread. I believe TBird and WayneKramer are already assisting.
    • Find a great slime chunk/s at Wild North at least 100 blocks away from the other builds. We have one potential spot so far. Please let me know if you find more folks!
    What's coming up in the future?
    • Slime farm at Wild North.
    • Squid farm at Wild North. I need a technical designer with experience on EMC making squid farms please. Merek is working on this design.
    • SeffyChan's Murder Hole. This is a generic mob grinder and would involve another "big dig" like the one we did for the witch hut.
    • Ghast Farm - WitherDoggie. This is a new design by Doggie different than the Scream Machine I was toying with doing. It still needs review and testing for EMC.
    • Wither killing area. Prometha brought up this idea before, and Tuq has raised it again. Corruptedsmile already has a challenge/fun wither killing area. This idea is more about a fast easy efficient wither killing spot. It has many challenges to it. The wither is destructive. The wither's behavior changes with player difficulty settings. Etc. This one is solely in the "throwing ideas around" stage.
    That's everything I can think of for now. If you're interested in any of these projects, please post here on this thread. "In Progress" projects take priority over the future projects, so please, have some patience if your interest is for a future one
    Slime Time is temporarily closed for a renovation. Last I looked, it was almost done! Thank you for your patience.
    Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  5. The PWU Nether Express is starting!

I spent very early this morning getting some coordinates. I have school stuff for my son to attend today/tonight, but as soon as I'm online again, I'm getting to work on this project :D
    Tuqueque and ShelLuser like this.
  6. Are you interested in the PWU Nether Express project?
    If so, tell me please :D

This is a big project. Lots and lots of design, building, material gathering, etc is going to be done on this one. If you've been waiting for the chance to do some design and build work for PWU, here it is folks. And like I said, there is going to be tons for anyone to do if you don't like design and just wanted to help out on a big project :)

The first convo has gone out on this project asking for volunteers. I will likely be sending out a second copy of that convo (# players on a convo limits). If you want in on this, again, please let me know.

Tuqueque and b0bbythebuild3r like this.
  7. what is it ? i can'f find any info X-X
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Crazy, scroll up 2 posts for the newsletter. Your skellie grinder project is listed on the newsletter also LOL :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. is derp XD
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  10. MWRGaming found an issue with Fe(II). A golem survived into the AFK kill chamber. I don't know if this golem was there when MWR got there (maybe a golem hopped over the piston and had enough health to survive?).

I have added a simple dispenser with a button. Press button, lava comes out, golem dies. Press button again so that lava doesn't burn up the drops. Ta da. This dispenser is down in the AFK area. There are signs on it with this same info.

Thanks MWR!
    Tuqueque likes this.
  11. Haha, I like the idea=) But no, it was not an alt of mine that did it!!

Thanks everyone for your great work with my buildings at spawn! It really made me glad to see it fixed and without all taht cobblestone!!! Really appreciated it!!!
    THANKS ALOT=)

(The sandtower is acctully mine, as Im not playing that much anymore it will take a long while before i will be able to repair it.. If someone wants to work with it, you are most welcome!
    Earlier when i built it some players asked if they could make the interior, but i was planing for that my self back than!.. But now, if anyone wants to, please feel free to make the interior as well....)
  12. Schlaf LIVES! Woo hoo! You're very welcome dear. We all love and appreciate your awesome creations in the wild.

I believe ShellUser or his friend have been trying to reach you regarding purchasing protection for your builds. They are well loved enough that people donated rupees to see your work become protected permanently :)
    Tuqueque, ShelLuser and Schlaf82 like this.
  13. Note on Fe(II)'s update:
    The AFK mode is slightly ineffective. I don't know if this has been picked up on, but as they hoppers don't get turned off they pick up some of the drops, meaning the AFKing player doesn't get all the drops. This could be changed by running a redstone charge to the hoppers, but I'd imagine that'd be quite complex.
  14. The "suicidal" golems and those drops winding up in the manual kill chests?

During my first test, there was 1 stack and 14 iron ingots up in the manual kill chests.
    During my 2nd test, there were 22 STACKS of iron ingots up in those chests.
    Variance much? LOL

It's less a matter of complex and more a matter of available space out there. We put the locked chest too close to the dang kill chamber. Didn't leave ourselves a lot of room to work with:/ Hmm, I'll think on it. I probably can give the players a way to lock the hoppers, but it might be manual, which is a cruddy solution.
    Tuqueque and TotoStyle like this.
  15. Exactly. Sorry for "hijacking" the thread a tiny bit Khixan but I feel the need to clarify a little bit even though you basically covered it already ;)

Some people who wish to remain anonymous have donated a large sum of rupees to GRIP with the explicit wish that the money was to be primarily used for the /wild c (smp8) restoration. We're free to use this to help out the community, but the "wild c" issues triggered it. We already used some of it to provide a few tools to help out but I keep my eyes open for other options because I tend to take this quite seriously :)

Well, the restorations are pretty much done but I'll be PM'ing you in a short while to explain this whole protection thing. And then it's up to you to use it or not :)

(no pressure :D)
  16. Khixan, we need u 2 officially allow ppl to report griefings for PWU.

PWU got griefed (minor), i was way out in wild 4 job im doing but told shell (and mods) i was ok with him looking after stuff.

not going to mention names (shell will "elsewhere", lol, he's kinda pissed :D) but one mod refused to look after the grief: "please do not report grief that is not your build". I told shell (who told mod) that we HAD a list of owners/builders/helpers. didn't matter.

So I think we need 2 things: ppl who are officially allowed 2 report griefs 4 PWU and a good list of changes (maybe new PM?) so that those ppl know what is official and whats not.

b/c this isn't working it seems.

current grief is being looked into by 2 other mods but i wont mention them b/c i dont want them to get into trouble.

but its way stupid that mods refuse 2 look into griefs i think.
  17. huh, I've never heard of that happening. That's why there is a list of names on the first page/post of this thread. Normally, you're name is on that page, the mod sees it, ta da. I'll ask Kryssy for clarification. Thank you for letting me know.
    AyanamiKun and Tuqueque like this.
  18. By the way, which build was it Aya? I'll log on real quick. I was headed to bed, but now I'm annoyed too LOL. Might as well report it myself now.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  19. I left the chest there for fixers to fix Sgt's build. khixan and sgt has my blockbreak, so to access chest, ask them!
    AyanamiKun and khixan like this.
  20. hi due to my inability to be in town (emc town not irl) i will be unable to help with most (if not all of the upcoming projects X-X) also i have mounds of school work XD