SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. I'm sad to say I've had reports that someone griefed NHG. Thankfully, BobbyTheBuilder, WitherDoggie (WitherIsANub), and BenMA were on hand to call for a mod and make all the repairs. Thank you guys very very much. You're the best! <3
  2. AmusedStew, ThaKloned, SirTah, and bunni threw rupees at me so I could send ALL the volunteers something for their time and effort on the public builds. Thank you all very much!

If I somehow missed you from my lists of lists on all these builds, please send me a convo or a pm in game.
    Tuqueque, AmusedStew, jhtk01 and 2 others like this.
  3. Also, Harpy donated. I think Dufne and someone else donated towards the NHG renovation too. I'm old and senile -can't keep track, but y'all rock, thank you :)

Folks who got rupees from me this morning, read the above please. And stop bloody sending me convos and pm's, ya overly honest, sweet and awesome people. Really I didn't send out that much by mistake lol.
    Tuqueque, AmusedStew and BenMA like this.
  4. I have a suggestion for Hot Rods, if it can be done. So the 5-minute timer actually goes by quick and if you aren't actively paying attention you can find yourself in a situation where you're losing out on the loot.

So if we could somehow put a visual timer in there. Like a redstone lamp that lights up when you have 60 seconds remaining or something along those lines.

Also, with a Looting III sword I find that you can get just a little over a stack of rods each 5-minute cycle. Maybe we could consider lengthening that a bit?
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  5. It's actually an iron pressure plate. 5 minutes is about how long it usually takes for 30+ blazes to wind up on it (31 or 32 and it triggers). Maybe it would help to count the blaze spawns knowing that number?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. Well, what I'm doing is I'm using an alt to stay up top and then I'm down at the bottom waiting for the blazes to build up a bit before I kill them. It was getting to be a lot of work going up and down and the blazes weren't spawning with me just being down below.

I know we strive to have active farms but when you need a DC of rods, it's really boring to stand there and do as many runs as it takes to get a DC so I had to find an easier way. Counting the blazes as they spawn would not be fun lol

I got my DC so I'm good, I just thought it'd be cool if there was some visual way that was both easy and helpful to see when you should go ahead and step on the plates and kill the blazes.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. Frontier North utilities sustained heavy damage today. ElfinPineapple was called out and checked through all the damage we found. The chute that leads down to the railway system was almost entirely removed from the surface, all signs were broken, all minecart chests were broken, water was flowing over tracks; the main rail sustained damage at the start that would have allowed some players to fall under the tracks. The cross-section between the grinders, Sushi Drop, and Pigmentus was heavily damaged. Pigmentus's ladder was all but removed with the glass above it broken and water pouring down, stopped only by a sign, and there was more water flowing over Pigmentus's railways.

The grinders took so much of a hit that a lot of it will need to be simply rebuilt. There's water pouring out and crops missing. The grinders were damaged where mobs could escape, but ElfinPineapple managed to make these areas safe.

Pigmentus's redstone clock and statue took damage; Sushi Drop's spawn tank was slightly damaged so that guardians can get stuck in one area of it; Fe(II) appears to be okay. Hot Rods has taken no damage as far as we can tell. The roads are all clear.

While these people are currently working to fix this: BenMA
    WitherDoggie
    b0bbythebuild3r

The areas are questionably safe until further notice. There's water pouring in, the mob grinders while mostly safe are not foolproof yet, Sushi Drop has some guardians that are able to survive, and there may be areas among the farms where mobs can spawn due to broken torches/light blocks.

Big thanks to ElfinPineapple for taking the time to come out, it was a large-scale griefing and took well over an hour (2 hours maybe?) to find and report all damages. Much thanks to those three guys up there too, I'm being a loaf and hanging out in town while they clean the place up.... :D
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. You guys need anything material wise for cleanup? :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  9. ugg aiklar where are u with anti grief now ?
    Tuqueque likes this.
  10. It is always sad when utilities/farms get damaged :( Everyone who helped build them work really hard and someone comes along and damages stuff.
    Tuqueque and crazy_X_gamer like this.
  11. I think we're all set to clean up. Just wanted to warn everyone about what's going on out there right now.

On that token, if you find something else you think hasn't been reported yet, please let us know.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  12. Sushi Drop is repaired. Pigmentus is taking a lot longer due to an inconsiderate person who will not leave the area.
    Tuqueque and BenMA like this.
  13. First time I have seen this "Neko Station" and the rail there but there is water damage on the rail and it looks like the rails themselves despawned. Just FYI.

If someone wants me to repair it let me know. Not sure if this is big enough to be considered griefing, nor do I know where this rail leads to.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. I'm sad to say we had a major griefing out at Pigmentus and 3 Grinders. Staff has dealt with the offender.
    Everything is now repaired thanks to the hard work of many people including B0bbyTheBuild3r, WitherDoggie, BenMA, Slvr, and MrCDub.
    A second wave of volunteers came out to finish out repairs. Thank you also WayneKramer, dunderscore, Enigma, and Fishcat. Appreciate the help!
    We were unfortunately also robbed. They took all the maintenance chests and supplies. Thankfully, we've had a ton of donations recently and everyone once again contributed.
    All builds have been repaired and re-opened. Thank you all very much!
    Tuqueque, ThaKloned and Kytula like this.
  15. Need anything more to help with maintenance? I can send out there more items when I visit next?
  16. The only thing I think I am low on for maintenance are enchantment tables and mooshroom eggs. I'm down to 4 or 5 tables though I can make or buy more easily.
    Why the heck do the griefers always kill the mooshroom and steal the mooshroom soup? Like really, point? Dingbats, I swear.
    So yeah, I could really use a dozen mooshroom eggs Kytula if you have them handy. Thank you very much everyone :)
    Tuqueque, ThaKloned and Kytula like this.
  17. Mooshrooms coming up ^_^ and I think I have a spare enchant table or 2 ~_^
  18. Someone summoned the Wither out at NHG and there is damage of course. Doggie is on scene handling it.
    Folks, please do not summon the Wither at anyone's build. The wither is destructive, and can break many things. We now have a small mess to clean up at NHG.
    I'm going to assume they wanted to summon it there because of the beacons. There is already a wither fighting area with armored beacons setup in the Wild. Contact CorruptedSmile to use it. If you just want help killing a wither, there are a ton of us on smp8 who will help you out and show you various methods to do it without damaging anyone's build.
    Tuqueque and Sachrock like this.
  19. I killed the wither as quickly as possible, when people were calling for help i rushed there as fast as i could, however there was already damage done i'm tried my best though :p If you need any materials just shoot me a pm :p
  20. Thanks Sach, we're good on mats for out there. It's 95% fixed. What's left is checking the slabbing patterns on the floor against the screenshots we made. It's detail oriented work, and after 15 minutes of fixing the worst of it, my head is pounding. I'm just not in any shape to be online today guys. Ben, Doggie and I repaired the worst of it, and I think I got the slabs back into place for the most part. I'm laying back down now. I'm just not up for this today. Hopefully will feel better soon. Have to work and all tomorrow and Tuesday.
    Tuqueque and Sachrock like this.