SMP8 Public Wild Utilities

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by khixan, Jun 16, 2015.

?

SMP8 wants ???

XP Grinders 145 vote(s) 46.0%
Iron Farm 63 vote(s) 20.0%
Gold Farm 52 vote(s) 16.5%
Guardian Farm 39 vote(s) 12.4%
Other (leave in comments) 16 vote(s) 5.1%
  1. You made this thread on my birthday last year :p
    Tuqueque likes this.
  2. hey i had an idea. what if on the sushi drop we add a layer of lava so the fish would cook as they fall. like they fall from the water go through a layer of lava and land and no more wasting coal and other resources to cook it. book already cooked fish.
    Tuqueque and ChickenDice like this.
  3. If griefers come along, they could break the signs and lava would go everywhere.
    Tuqueque and khixan like this.
  4. Sushi drop is fine as it is. No changes will be made to it. As Ben said, if someone breaks a sign, lava will go everywhere and burn the drops.

EDIT: I would also like to tell you are not in good terms with the smp8 wild utilities team. Your little stunt at NHG was not cool at all.
    Tuqueque, khixan and BenMA like this.
  5. While the sight of flaming fish sounds entertaining, I prefer my sushi raw. Cooked tuna is sacrilege.

In addition to Ben's point, you can eat raw fish with no ill effects, and they're handy for taming ocelots.

Sushi Drop has been around for a year now, and I think it's staying as is. It always works and it's easy for us to maintain and repair. NHG, Pigmentus, Hot Rods, and Fe(II) are quite enough nightmares to maintain. The more the complex the build, the more headaches it causes us.

If you're looking for something useful to do Obletop, the area surrounding NHG still needs more bottom slabs put down, or complete netherrack removal (the even better option). Google wither skeleton farms and note that controlling the surrounding area is critical to keeping spawn rates up. NHG is too close to "/nether" unfortunately, and it is the most frequently and heavily griefed build. Some fool recently griefed it by spawning a wither there and caused an hour worth of repair work. People are always mining out un-slabbed tunnels too close to NHG, leaving spawnable paths through the lava, etc. The more of that surrounding area that we control, the better the wither skellie spawn rates get.
    Tuqueque, Kephras, BenMA and 2 others like this.
  6. thanks for calling me some fool when I have never dealt with the wither before (i used to have a friend that would kill them for me when i needed beacons on other servers, and she no longer plays MC) and assumed they couldnt break netherbrick like ghasts and i stayed up for hours fixing it also right after we got rid of the wither. and witherdoggie your rude actions are not needed twords me when i notified rainbowchin durring the event of it happened. staff already dealt with me and there is no need for you to be rude with me. im sorry i tried my best to fix what i did wrong like anyother good citizen, and that im trying to help and give good ideas for smp8.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  7. WitherDoggie was never rude to you. Khixan did not know the name of who had done it. I'd suggest we drop the subject before further actions are taken.
    Thank you.
    Tuqueque likes this.
  8. Can you please show me where I was rude to you? I simply stated something that we as the utilities team felt. If you'd like to continue this conversation, my inbox is open.
    Tuqueque and BenMA like this.
  9. BenMA is doing renovations at the 3 Grinders locations. We are again out of locked chest space there, and someone decided to go mining below the zombie grinder which we've slabbed over and closed up (thank you Bobby and Corrupted!). Ben is going to expand the location so we have more room and redecorate. Thanks Ben!
    Also, Slvr and MrC and Corrupted repaired the damage to Fe(II)'s horse stable roof. Thank you all!

3 Grinders is temporarily closed for expansion and renovations.
    We anticipate it re-opening sometime this Friday night. Thank you!
    Tuqueque, BenMA and b0bbythebuild3r like this.
  10. Ya know I want anti-griefing to protect my stuff.. now I just want it out as soon as possible to stop people from griefing your builds. Almost daily.
  11. I knew what I was signing up for when we started this crazy. It's been over a year, and we're still maintaining and even improving and adding to them :D The key to the success of these is the awesome huge team of people supporting, inspecting, reporting, and repairing them. Thank you! <3

12. What's Cooking with SMP8 Public Wild Utilities?
    For those who want to know what's done, what we're currently doing, and what's coming up in the next few months.

What's Been Done Recently
    • As of 5pm today, all repairs are done including the horse barn roof at Fe(II), the cell of missing villagers, a few mis-spawned golems, the area mined out under the zombie grinder, etc.
    • A player also had an accident out at Pigmentus with the 2 slime blocks on the piston. The player contacted me and repaired it him/herself. Thank you!
    • TBird donated some clay pots and flowers and other materials for maintenance out at the builds. Thank you!
    What's In Progress
    • BenMA is renovating the 3 Grinders and expanding it so we have more room for locked chests, etc. That is running on schedule and is expected to re-open Friday night (possibly earlier, he's made great progress). Doggie I think suggested putting a strength beacon at that location, and I'm good with that idea too. We haven't followed up on that yet with where to put it, etc.
    • The Wild End Dragon Slaying Arena (RDmaster and CorruptedSmile). This project has stalled for the moment. We renovated NHG instead which turned out to be a lot more work than I anticipated, and we've had a few major griefings to deal with. We need to do a large material gathering event for end stone, obsidian, and iron fences. Those are the 3 materials the End Dragon can't destroy. We also need a clear plan and design laid out, and we need to contact a few people who already have stuff out there that's in the way. A lot of organizing and prep work needs to go into this one before it can really continue smoothly.
    • Make Fe(II) an active kill build again. I've had too many complaints about the afk'ing at Fe(II), and we all know I don't believe in AFK public builds. Some of you really like to AFK there, so I am open to a design that will allow both active kill and afk. MrCDub has solved the golems hitting players. We have to hit from above the golems. This is in the design and planning phase. To make it more fun, I think I will run a contest for designs to solve the specifications I have in mind. Stay tuned for a separate thread post on that as soon as I come up with good prizes for it.
    What's coming up in the future?
    • ThaKloned has offered to do a witch hut build for SMP8 Public Wild Utilities. We need a good witch hut location. Ideally, it would be somewhere in the vicinity of the other public builds (or at least Wild North or Wild South). This project needs a location and then the planning phase can begin. If you know of a good location, or have a location you'd like to donate, please hit me up! I believe ShyGuy has said he had a spot in mind in the past. Crazy_X_Gamer has also brought this up in the past, but I think his spot is at his private base which might be a bad mix. Worst case, we'll organize a hunt to find to one once the current "In Progress" list is completed.
    • Wither killing area. Prometha brought up this idea before, and Tuq has raised it again. Corruptedsmile already has a challenge/fun wither killing area. This idea is more about a fast easy efficient Wither killing spot. It has many challenges to it. The Wither is destructive. The Wither's behavior changes with player difficulty settings. Etc. This one is solely in the "throwing ideas around" stage.
    • The Nether Public Utilities Express. This one is likely far in the future. We have other more pressing priorities. Redo all the transportation and put it in the Nether for faster public utility access. Rail, horse, and ice boat transport options. This would also involve perfectly linked nether portals, which is a thing you can google if you've no idea what I'm on about. Having players wind up in Pigmentus unexpectedly would be bad LOL. We'd leave the roads at at Wild North, and NHG is fine as is. The North and South rail though would be removed and replaced by a Wild North Nether Portal transport hub, and ditto at South. Each build at North would get its own "drop off" portal. South is easier since it's currently much more compact and would only need 1 drop off.
    That's everything I can think of for now. If you're interested in any of these projects, please post here on this thread. "In Progress" projects take priority over the future projects, so please, have some patience if your interest is for a future one :)I'll update this thread and contact you before it starts for the future ones.
    For the In Progress projects, I'm fine with it being a popularity contest, and I'll likely do a separate thread with a poll. The End Dragon Slaying Arena and Fe(II) Active Kill Redesign are the two that are on the table right now. Whichever one more people want to do first is what's going to get done first. Please give me your feedback, thank you all! <3

13. Bump for the newsletter above, cheers all :)
    Tuqueque likes this.
  14. I got an idea, it only needs a patch of flat bedrock ceiling in the nether and 9 blocks. An automatic wither killer.
  15. Not a bad idea if you fight the wither on diff 5 or below. However, the wither teleports at diff 6+ and there is a chance at extra stars(which I like). So for diff 6+ this really wouldn't work.
  16. Yes, but you can just farm them on diff 5, you just, can't go on that difficulty. We should put that as a warning too :p
  17. Because everyone follows the posted rules :p IMO making this public is very risky. One wrong move and it gets loose.. we'll you guys have seen what it can do when loose :p
    Tuqueque, WitherDoggie and khixan like this.
  18. The nether ceiling trick is certainly one way to do, but it would be a mess if people didn't set themselves to 5 or below. That's actually how I killed them for a long time. I have had one pop out of a piston somehow once.

Again, there's a new newsletter a few posts up folks, be sure to read it, thanks! :D

Tuqueque likes this.
  19. I'd personally like Fe(II) to be redesigned first... I imagine it would go faster than the other option, and I kinda miss stabbing golems :p

But that's just my two cents. Slvr's half asleep and on phone two cents..
    Tuqueque, khixan and ThaKloned like this.
  20. for the wither we could break the bedrock ceiling to get on top of the bedrock and make alot of cobble gens to keep it in one area. i was already gonna do something like this anyways and give it to you khixan, for the mess up i did. since then i have been doing reserch and thinking of ways to do this. i am currently designing proccess in creative and will put it out 1000+ blocks out. using ice and boats will make it alot quicker to get there.

p.s. also redstone building is what i do best in MC

p.s.s. pixel and i not just myself