smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Wow. I really really like this approach to griefings and the detailed plan. Thanks!
    We are having some flood issues in germany at the moment (luckily not the area I live in) and organizing help for it felt like griefer recovery to me to sometimes.
    Also the idea to see griefing incidents as sort of natural disaster for the LLO could be really helpful (after catching the griefers of course).
    Jakres, Luke4214, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  2. I'll start tearing down the start on the museum I had. Didn't really like the amount of space I was forced to work with anyways…
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Hi Ive read a lot so far about the llo and i would love to join
    zulu9, Jakres, mba2012 and 2 others like this.
  4. Yeah, this platform has annoyed me for some time. Opening up a waterfront here would be great! I would have proposed this earlier, but I thought I'd give it some time. Glad to see others think along the same lines. Are there any locked chests here we would need mods to nuke?
    Jakres, zulu9 and Philovanrood like this.
  5. Jakres and somebody121 like this.
  6. MBA, I love almost everything about your plan. What order do you want to hit this stuff in? I will try to comment on all of your numbered items when I get a chance.

The first question is, what style do you want to rebuild the Town Hall/GC/CC in? You say in the style of GC. What are you thinking?

Also, we might want to wait for baked clay. If we like the stark white of the station, then we could also consider quartz blocks. I still want to harden some of this against casual griefing.
    Jakres, Philovanrood and mba2012 like this.
  7. A similar stone and wool sort of style for the Town Hall/GC/CC rebuild. If people can come up with ideas in SP and show them it could be a sort of competition.

Also, We should start work on removing the platform in the west and maybe work on the waterfront in the west. Then we should move to the downtown area which was damaged the most. The botanical gardens area and the entertainment precinct can wait a bit. Jakres is fixing/has fixed his tower.
    Jakres and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  8. Well. Progress of mba's plan. 2013-07-02_16.57.48.png
    Amazing what we can achieve by mining together. :D 2013-07-02_17.47.08.png 2013-07-02_17.47.25.png 2013-07-02_17.47.38.png 2013-07-02_17.47.55.png
    Welcome to the West Pier! :D
    Philovanrood, zulu9, mba2012 and 4 others like this.
  9. *Clap Clap Clap* ^_^
    Jakres, Philovanrood, zulu9 and 3 others like this.
  10. Really great job everyone! :D

Zulu, you still have a couple locked chests that are left over from when the bridge was being constructed. Is it alright if we get a mod to remove them?
    Jakres, zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  11. Ok, so after seeing mba's plan for the LLO, I think I will start paying more attention to the LLO (it's been what, 4 months now? xD)

I definately think the area mba detailed in 9) should be made into somewhat of a landmark/rememberance area. I will help in anyway I can to rebuild the LLO
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  12. As we clean up/tear down griefed buildings, we should set aside a few blocks from them and make small shines to each in the park. Perhaps archways with doors, or a window surrounded by whatever material it was made from. For the latter, use a silk touch tool.
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  13. So uh…it's almost 1 year since I "founded" District 10. I feel like I should do something in celebration.
    Would you guys like
    A) A hotel
    B) A café
    C) A random nice looking modern building
    D) Rustic building
    ?

Oh, also if you find the post I first posted about making a house beyond District 4, uh…you get 50r. :p
    Jakres, mba2012 and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  14. Uh, A resort is being made in the east, but a hotel would be nice though, get more people into the LLO. But I think you should make a café or A random nice looking modern building.
    Jakres and penfoldex like this.
  15. Honestly, I don't think that very many buildings are going to "get people into the LLO" unless they are stunning in some way. I'm not saying we shouldn't keep building stuff, just that we shouldn't expect that buildings will bring people. People will come out because we offer something for them to do. The NR actually has a lot of "stuff to do" in the form of various projects. I think we should try to involve more people in various LLO projects and activities. Also, if we offer services in some way, people will express more interest. Back to the original point, the lack of buildings (available "lots") can be attractive to people because available space offers people a place to try to make their mark.

Penfoldex, what does district 10 lack in terms of services? Build that so long as it isn't a griefing magnet such as a large redstone contraption, etc.
  16. I suppose a stone gen, rail line or public mine. We've got farms, paths, mooshroom food stations, houses, I'm working on a community shed, trees, and lots of not leveled land.

Then again…horse stables…
    Hm…I think I'll make a café first, just for celebratory purposes and then work on adding in terms of service stuff.
  17. The level 9 rail system runs under district 10. If I can get that project going again and get a rail link, that might solve the rail problem...
    Jakres likes this.
  18. You actually made it to District 10? I never knew there was the rail all the way down there.
    Jakres likes this.
  19. The L9RS covers the entire LLO. Check out the rail map, it has it on there.

I've been thinking. This church near the downtown area is a very old building, but it has no use and is fairly damaged. I thought that it could be taken down and reconstructed in the museum. The entire area around it needs to be hugely repaired and removing it would free up a fair bit of space in the area. It would be a good object to have in the museum, it's fairly small and as I said before, it's one of the oldest surviving buildings. If you don't know what I am referring to, I've attached a pic.
    2013-07-03_17.00.35.png
  20. I've discovered some creeper damage on the line to yettitown, just north of the junction with the Red Line. I couldn't fix it on the spot. If someone else could, that would be awesome :D
    Jakres, Jimbonothing64 and zulu9 like this.