smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I bet I know the reason LLO has had so much bad luck. I covered it in another thread. ;)
    zulu9, penfoldex, mba2012 and 3 others like this.
  2. I would say to set up a repair party, but I never know when I can get on for sure. I'm usually on between say 10pm and 1am Pacific time. This would be 6am to 9am GMT & 5pm - 8pm in NSW.
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  3. A griefer with a flying hack. BTW, it should be pretty easy to write flying hack detection code into the server. I wonder why we don't have this...
    Jakres and Philovanrood like this.
  4. I got my ideas for fixing up the llo, and anyone have screen shots of downtown, pre-gangnam though a few months ago. I am getting tierd of looking at that disaster zone (including the one i built[no offence]).
    Jakres likes this.
  5. I think there is (i jumped off the floating island in the west [i still got to fix that up don't i], and go kicked for flying)
    Jakres likes this.
  6. Someone needs to finish repairing like_a_pig's heart. :) I started repairing, but ran out of red wool. :(
  7. I also think it is another opportunity to consider removing some stuff. Pig island? Nearby Cake ruins? etc. If anyone wants to preserve these, then let's fix them.
    Jakres, zulu9 and L0tad like this.
  8. I think we should focus on fixing, rather than tearing down. It seems like if we tore down all griefed buildings, half the LLO would be gone. Maybe the rule should be: If you tear down a building, you have to build something in its place.
  9. We do lol.
    It's called SBC.
    Jakres, Sunny_Chicken and zulu9 like this.
  10. How long have we had that? I've seen people flying on EMC servers...
    Jakres likes this.
  11. You can fly for a few seconds before it kicks you.
    Jakres likes this.
  12. I just looked up SBC. It sends allow/disallow codes for certain mods to the client. This only works if the client is running one of the mods that responds to those codes. If you're running something else, then it does nothing.

If EMC has anti-flying detection, it is probably a different plugin.
  13. I thought of something.
    Lets put AfterGlow team to work on the desert part of the LLO?
    zulu9, penfoldex and NINJATTILA like this.
  14. AfterGlow?
    Jakres likes this.
  15. AfterGlow consists of Pen, Jakres, Jimbo, mba2012 and I
    zulu9, penfoldex and Jakres like this.
  16. Penfoldex (I say its more of a friends team group) team.
    It involves build and stuff like that.
  17. For awhile now. It doesn't STOP people from flying, just warns the staff.
    Jakres likes this.
  18. We need a way to revive this place. It's getting slightly dull.
    Ideas anyone?

Museum is going on construction very soon, so that might help us get new members.

I've also noticed, the wild outpost age is really starting to come to a close. Am I wrong? We haven't been gaining a lot of members like we have in the past. And as far as I know, neither have the other outposts. Wild Reach has two openings on two of their outposts. Those spots have been open for quite a while. Sunstreak hasn't been gaining any new members. Pazzo, Zolara, Wintermoon, The Lost City, and others have been quiet. As in peaceful quiet, not nothing quiet. Several outposts have seemed to disappeared. Golden Golem Capital, Final Wind, and the ones nfell headed.
    So I think the Last Light Outpost should lead the way to the revival of wild exploration. People aren't going out to the wild as much nowadays. With all these mega malls popping up, people don't have a need anymore. The luster of the wild is fading. And we need to change it.
    With the coming of the wastelands, the wild will be a place not just for mining anymore. It will be perfect for colonizing and exploring. Unfortunately, that is another factor in the amount of people coming to the wild. We need to show EMC the fun in the wild.
    I came to the LLO because I had no idea how to play MC. I've made many good friends out here. And I hope others will be able to find friends out here too. I know a lot of people come to the wild to escape town and the rupee craze, so lets show them the things we can do without protection from griefers, what we can do without rupees, what we can do together.

This is just how I've been feeling about the wild recently. I hope you guys take into consideration this thing and help me lead the Last Light Outpost back to glory. :)

/end speech
    Jakres, Bu11dawg, Curundu and 9 others like this.
  19. I completely agree.
    When I joined, everyone was saying,"Lets go to the wild! Come on, lets go!"
    I miss those days. I remember mob hunting and mining with my friends in our old base, before we got griefed by ninga squad.
    Those were the golden days.
    EMC seems to follow the pattern of all great civilizations. Blah moments in the beginning, golden age I'm the middle, defeat/decline in the end.
    Today we change that pattern. We will not be defeated by griefers or decline by mega malls.
    We will stand strong.
    The griefers will grief, the spammers will spam, and the hackers will hack.
    Doesn't mean we still can't have fun.
    Sure, they ruin the game for a bit. But we have amazing staff, one of the best coders in the world of minecraft, and a amazing community.
    If those people spam, grief, or hack, they will be banned. They will be caught. They will not be given unlimited chances.
    Not in the empire.
    We've come too far just to be taken down by people who call us submissive sheep, or people who scam people even though they are rich already.
    We design plugins.
    The community constructs mods to enhance single player worlds.
    People can look to the community for support.
    This is an amazing community, and we can not afford to waste it.
    So here is a choice.
    Will you stand with us, or will you stand against us.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l-gQLqv9f4o
    Jakres, NINJATTILA, zulu9 and 3 others like this.
  20. I posted the 10700th post on this thread. :D