smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. I think the LLO along with the AfterGlow team should create the Wilderness Tourism industry. And stay at the forefront of anti-griefing and griefing detection technologies!

The LLO needs a University and Laboratories! :p
    Jakres, zulu9 and penfoldex like this.
  2. I'm on EMC break so I'll build it in my own time.
    Jakres likes this.
  3. Wintermoon has been quiet lately, as well as the other outposts, Pen's idea is great, you can count on me to help you ;)
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 1 other person like this.
  4. I have noticed that too. But the New Republic has been doing phenomenally well, even after we've hit maximum capacity we're still getting requests to join. The Wild Outpost Age may be coming to a close, but maybe the New Republic is inspiring the Age of the Sovereign State.
    Jakres likes this.
  5. Lets talk about unfinished buildings in desert. Some of them are unfinished for months now.
    Shall Afterglow finish those structures or not all?
    I be searching for the owner's names.

EDIT:
    Sirairbear skyscraper*
    Princebee renovation thingy. (Gonna ask him about it)
    Cchiarell6914 house**
    * hasn't been on for 40 days
    ** It deserves to be a better hut, and hasn't been on for 107 days....
    zulu9, mba2012 and penfoldex like this.
  6. EMC should add some code that unlocks locked items who's owners have been absent for a certain period of time. Gut instinct says 90 days.

EDIT: It would be nice to know the aging of non locked items as well, but that is harder to accomplish. I know where there are a couple of chests with stacks of blaze rods in them I wouldn't mind having. I think their owner bailed long ago...

EDIT EDIT: In fact, you could announce when and where things have become unlocked or available to drive people to go on a quest to see what is there.

Item Unlock Announcement: Chest formerly owned by SirMinesAlot now released to the public: SMP4 Wild 2201, 120, 322.
    Jakres, Bu11dawg, ZBSDKryten and 3 others like this.
  7. Everything gets old at some point. The biggest problem is that we don't have as many people on as actively. This is a problem for EMC itself as well. :(

The attractive nature of a wild outpost is that people want it to be new and wild. The LLO is largely a collection of "other people's stuff" and has grown stale. Many of those people don't even play on the server, play on EMC, or play Minecraft. If you wan't people to join again, then we would need to destroy/release some old unmaintained structures and allow people to build their own thing there. This isn't the only option, but it would help. Also, there are a few fresh faces, but many of those don't seem to use the forums much. I only see them online.

If anyone ever wants to start another wild outpost (probably not on SMP7), I'm game, but I have one requirement: It has to be so far away from any spawn (like stupidly far away) so that griefing is nearly non-existant. This would mean that "popping into town" wouldn't be an option. You would have to make a quest of it, probably largely by boat. It might take a couple Minecraft days to get there and back. "I'm going to make a run to town, anyone need anything? Diamonds?"

Actually, I lied, I have one other requirement, and that is that we come up with a very light set of guidelines for building and behavior in the area so that we could avoid the infighting that turned people off. Mostly this would just be stuff we've said in the forums, but it would be nice to just point to a document that contained guidance. Also, I would want the concept of community structures. I don't really "own" the LLO wall even though I built it...
  8. The Sunstreak Islands are about 5k from the south outpost on smp4. It is a boat only trip(Except for the one fly hacker we had). And I might set up a small set of guidelines soon for it.
    Jakres likes this.
  9. Anyone know Maizie123? I've seen her/him in town a few times. They have a hidden profile, so I couldn't send an IM, etc.

He/she has been cruising around the LLO harbor/downtown for a while now. Note, I'm not making accusations, just wondering if this is someone's friend.

EDIT: Spent some time chatting with her/him. Seems like a nice person. They said they took someone's stack of melon and left diamonds in trade. Sounds like a good deal to me...
    Jakres likes this.
  10. Well, i started building my own wild outpost on smp8.. and its 20k+ blocks away from the main spawn.

I'm curious how will my outpost end up with it after i fully revealed it....

And honestly, i think we should plan moving to LLO West, there's more unused and untouched lands, to get new fresh buildings, and more bit of organization just to attract new players. But that's just me anyway.
    zulu9 and mba2012 like this.
  11. I am going to put the blame on one group of people, and you can hate me for saying this, but I blame this mostly on the staff. Why? Because no updates are based around the wild. Sure, the Dragon Tomb update will have new wild features, but lets get real here, we all know the main people killing the dragons are going to be people in town wanting to sell the eggs. And then there's the wild vault page, most wild dwellers can't afford. If they would just give us something that was at least 90% focussed on the wild, and the main people living in it, non-supporters and Iron supporters, the wild can get a kick start again.
    Jakres, jacob5089, ZBSDKryten and 3 others like this.
  12. Even if that happens, the LLO will still exist. Wish I could say the same about my failed attempt to build a wild outpost.
    Jakres likes this.
  13. Found someones stuff near the sheep farm PM me if it is yours.
    Jakres and mba2012 like this.
  14. So... I had this idea. To help with expansion. Why don't we make the western area the sort of CBD of the LLO. Keep the current downtown but try and encourage more building in the West not in the desert. And then I would make my current plot in the desert something other than a high rise and build a high rise in the west...?
    Jakres, zulu9 and BilboBaggins23 like this.
  15. He's right. What happenedto this place? Smp7 was once known for it's wild and the most inflated economy i've ever seen. The LLO was a flagship in the wild. It was a place that griefers knew to stay well awy from. It was peaceful. Then the great fire ame, and manya buildings were burnt to the ground, including my house. Many people left that day. But those who stayed rebuilt. That was a marvellous thing.
    But something must've happened when i was away. Thewild age drew to a close. Outposts like the lost city and nfell's outposts either disappeared or became quiet.
    If we let this happen, everything we've worked hard for will be no more. Smp7 is about the wild. Let's restart the wild age. Don't forget, LLO stands for Last Light outpost. Let's keep fighting for it till the last light.
    </speech>
    Jakres, btribble, zulu9 and 6 others like this.
  16. To be honest, I have been away from EMC for a short period but I totally agree with you. I joined the LLO as it was a flagship outpost.
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  17. Bravo! ;D
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  18. Yay go luke4214!!!!!!!!!

By the way Zulu9 or mba2012 can you guys meet me some where sometime with finnandzac1970 and me becsim1 and give us a tour,
    And just so you know Zulu I have a really laggy computer so it is kinda best for you to take me if that works for you.
    Jakres likes this.
  19. Mba or anoyone else will have to do that, Zulu is not being able to play :(
    Jakres likes this.
  20. Why not?
    Jakres likes this.