smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Problems with his computer I think >.>
    Jakres likes this.
  2. Why has LLO seemed to die?
    From my point of view:

• The constant griefing and everyone wanting to just continue on building and adding stuff instead of repairing at one point only a couple of us were actually doing anything to repair.
    • "I'm going to change the railways so we have to press 50 buttons and fart the national anthem just to go one direction!"
    • I'm not gonna bother to listen to anyone when they ask me to leave their stuff alone.
    • I'm going to build my thing then post about it.
    • "I'M GONNA BUILD SOME UGLY CRAP HERE AND BE A TOTAL *BLEEPYBLEEP* AND TELL YOU TO KISS MY GRITS AND DO WHAT I WANT!"
    • HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes. HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes.
    • Lets have a huge event and invite ALL the empire out!
    • Lets just keep building stuff.
    • We don't need our own private forum, lets just post everything here!
    • "Oh hey I just wanted to let you all know that I'm gonna build a giant nether deathtrap in the middle of the dang outpost herpaderp!"
    • Oh hi, I'm gonna build my house here and use yours as my front door!
    • I'm going to burn down half the jungle to make a huge house that me and my friends who will quit EMC in two weeks will live in.
    Basically everyone who has left is just plain fed up that it's gone from LLO to "Me Me Me Outpost"
    Jakres, jacob5089, L0tad and 10 others like this.
  3. Hey, that nether deathtrap was funny in a way...

Also, you forgot:
    • Hey, we have a public blaze grinder, lets lag the server out by grinding all night and not killing the blazes while I know that the blazes won't despawn.
    • Look, free mooshrooms to shear/kill/let free.
    • Oh look, that house could use a second floor, and I'm gonna live there!
  4. lol panda i am looking for a spot to build a little house
    Jakres likes this.
  5. This is the best! I LOL'd.
    Jakres, ZBSDKryten, Curundu and 2 others like this.
  6. BTW Panda, I agree that it has had a tendency to be a "Me Me Me Outpost". This is one of the natural outcomes of an experiment with Anarchy. Since the LLO doesn't have any rules per se, it is up to each individual to play nice. It turns out that this is one of the side effects. I think this is something to be learned from Zulu's experiment.

I don't understand what our alternative would be to "HEY CAN I JOIN? Yes". I suppose we could have done a better job of bringing people on-board, but since the outpost is an experiment in Anarchy/Libertarian-ism, I don't know how we would have done otherwise. The EMC rules supersede anything we might say, so if we said, "No you can't join", or "You have to prove yourself first", people could still build inside the LLO without our permission.

BTW, I did a bit of work replacing rail stops with "push button" rail stops. Where you once had to get out of your cart, destroy the cart, then go to the next rail line, place your cart, get in your cart, then go, now you just pause for a second, hit a button and continue on. Hopefully this was an improvement, not an annoyance. I did run across a couple spots where people added extra buttons and stops, and it can be annoying. I'd love to jump back on improving/repairing this when I'm done with the wall. I know Jakres wanted an express to Yetti for instance, and I think that can be made to happen.

I'd love to see you in the area again, and I'll try not to be the cause of any of your stress...
    zulu9 and Jakres like this.
  7. That was Sunny_Chicken idea and i said to him go ahead, I didn't really care about the express line.
    (Yay for me not caring about it and not thinking the cons part of it?)
  8. You're right it was him. I'm still game for figuring it out. I would love to figure out how to do rail lines that "know" what stop you want...
    Jakres likes this.
  9. Anyway, anyone knows who sells jungle saplings and jungle leaves? I be restoring the jungle parts of Yettitown, since the town is lonely most of the time, so why not I fix the place since I ain't gonna bother do continue it, (I've been building in Yettitown for like, almost half a year?)
  10. I forgot how much i missed these posts xD It's good to be back!
  11. Jungle saplings are pretty hard to obtain. I think I have 4 if that would help. Does the main EMC store have them?
    Jakres likes this.
  12. Yeah, but it will Cost you a lot
    Jakres likes this.
  13. Once you obtain 4 jungle saplings, plant them in a 2 by 2 square. Bonemeal one, WOOO Giant tree. When you chop, make it a spiral staircase as you go up. Make sure to get the logs in the side pieces. Once to the top, chop down the rest and then just wait for the saplings to fall from the dying leaves.
  14. I like how none of us didn't even think what day was yesterday. Heh...
    Alyattayla and mba2012 like this.
  15. Yeah. I just realised... :p Well...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LLO!!!!
    Jakres, Alyattayla, zulu9 and 4 others like this.
  16. *Talks about the LLO's birthday for 2 months*
    *Misses it by a day*
    Jakres, zulu9, mba2012 and 4 others like this.
  17. Insert backwards penguin image.
    Jakres, mba2012, penfoldex and 3 others like this.
  18. Time to reclaim the LLO, now that most of the "me" generation has gone.
    Jakres, Dwight5273, zulu9 and 2 others like this.
  19. Begin phase *insert phase number here*! Clean up and revive the LLO!
    Jakres and zulu9 like this.
  20. Ay, pandas, you nailed it

Sad...I like this place...

Anyways, we we have a official ambassador to the New Republic. I saw the "LLO EMBASSY" on top of some mountain, Spencer6 on the chests. I just wanted to confirm.
    Jakres, penfoldex, mba2012 and 2 others like this.