smp7 - jungle outpost

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by zulu9, Mar 13, 2012.

1. There is a rail close to it... thanks.
    Jakres likes this.
  2. I'm on my phone so I can't quote folks but + to panda,rune and azn.
    At first I was against the idea, but I agree that there are some items I will give to the community but not leaving in an open chest. Also I see the chance for abuse being lessened by the fact that you have to interact with the other player. So if snuffy keeps buying your cheap redstone but you aren't seeing a build happening, chances they are reselling it and making a profit from your kindness. I think a shop would be great but we need to create a rule set so price wars and abuse don't happen. Also making it so things are at a discount might be a good thing since the mats are generally for the betterment of llo.
    Jakres, shavingfoam, zulu9 and 3 others like this.
  3. Thanks to everyone who has been so friendly and helpful to me! This is a wonderful community and I would like to be a part of it. Please add my name to members list.

Thanks, Watk4219
    Jakres, penfoldex and zulu9 like this.
  4. Added :) Welcome to the LLO!
    Jakres likes this.
  5. Regarding shops:

I understand that shouting out in local chat is annoying, and shouldn't be done at all, but a shop that just has locked chests and signs around the shop ONLY (no 'billboards' outside the immediate area unless approved by the property owner), I don't see how this would be intrusive at all to the non-trading members of the community. Bear in mind, I don't really plan on doing much trading myself, as the time I have available to play is already limited, and I don't have much in the way of valuable merchandise, but it would be nice to have yet another avenue of social interaction added to our already awesome wilderness experiment. As long as we maintain our FUNDAMENTAL ideals of being polite to your fellow community members, always keep your interactions with other members and their constructions consensual, and help out when you can, we should be OK. Peace to all! ;D
    Jakres, mba2012, Runewulf and 2 others like this.
  6. Thanks to Wat Secret and my othere guide (forgot their name) for helping me in LLO.

P.S. Am I added yet?
    Jakres likes this.
  7. Bob Marley - Dont worry, be happy
    Jakres and shavingfoam like this.
  8. Wouldn't that encourage shoplifting? eg one person gets the items, but then does not give the money. Would this be covered by the /report command?
  9. simple, dot give the item unless u get the money

and i think that is a /report random creepy dude for walking out of my shop in wild and not paying my low price for a wooden hoe and why to i care, i mean it just a wooden tool so disregard this, if you know what i mean
    Jakres and Philovanrood like this.
  10. Does anyone know who is making the second giant stone platform near rob's?
    Saw it in on the livemap. Just curious what new megaproject is going on there. I might be able to get in game later but not for a few hours probably.
    Jakres likes this.
  11. Its xxgrimictlanxx's(something like that)
    I know... Its insanely large.
    And its not a project...Its his house as far as I understand :mad:

My previous post:

Jakres likes this.
  12. Hmm. It is insanely large. But then again it is not too close to anything (I think) and he made it on the water so it does not take up a whole district. And to be honest I am kinda curious to see it. As long as the house is open for visitors and guests (which I guess it has to be at this size) it could be nice.
    I Think it is not really unfair since the wild has no space limits, so everyone could get a piece as big as this (just maybe not that central at the moment).
    Jakres likes this.
  13. True that...
    Jakres likes this.
  14. What?
    Jakres likes this.
  15. Cam I be added to the members list on the LLO site?
    Jakres likes this.
  16. How many times have you asked that? Seriously...
    I thought sercet had a post saying he added you... I dunno
    Jakres likes this.
  17. I only asked twice...:( I got no response...
    Jakres likes this.
  18. :confused:
    Seemed like more...
    Jakres likes this.
  19. Valid point. As Dark_Liz once stated, when it comes to transactions like we will be doing, EMC cannot back you up in case any fraudulent activity occurs. Therefore, buyers will get to pick and choose who they buy from. If someone shoplifts from you, then I apologize, but that is your fault. My suggestion is that you make sure payment is received before giving the item. If you are buying an item, and you pay and are not given the item, then you should alert some trusted members of the community to go check it out.
    Jakres and Philovanrood like this.
  20. Added.